Doomesday Service Cuts set to start for San Diego MTS Buses & Trolley(light rail)

Shortline Bus

Doomesday is about to start on a major american city mass transit network but it's not New York. Barring a last second miracle bailout from the state of California, San Diego MTS network of buses and light rail(trolley) serving the city of san diego and its nearby suburban towns, will begin at end of this month(Feb. 2010), their 'doomeday budget cuts.' The agency which already raised fares twice in last 3 years, decided to cut service on their lines mostly on the weekend though to balance and save $15 Million dollars. Here their link.

http://www.sdmts.com/marketing/ProposedServiceChanges2010.asp

New York and San Diego.. Another city... Wow this economy doesn't look like it wants to get better..

Mark not to mention last fall, the St Louis area mass transit began their doomesday cuts as well.

source.

and more to follow sadly across america local/regional mass transit agencies.:mad:

United States of America : One country that is falling apart and has more hopeless and greedy citizens than hopeful citizens. I can't believe it, people demand too much and waste their friggin money on useless stuff. Conserve, conserve & conserve humans!

WTF are you talking about?

No, he's right. America is becoming a joke. While European and Asian kids study, American kids goof off on Twitter. Americans used to be innovators who invented things. Now all of the engineering schools in America are full of kids from India, China, and Korea. Jobs are being outsourced. America's days as a superpower are numbered.

Agreed like after talking about 'friends' in a soap opera post, i lost hope on him.:confused:

Yep the same way he does on this topic.

Because you are wayyy to sensitive to my post you cyber-stalker!

Then turn off your computer.

Yes, exactly! A super-power with helpless kids who tweet and facebook all the time won't help preserve it's superpower status, I personally is now using social networking less and less while other kids are addicted to it! I also think that kids 'hang out' a little too much, they are also sometimes doing illegal stuff and making annoying scenes. This is one country not determined to move forward.

Also, labor cost here is rising and people keeping on getting broke means more money needed to let Americans work, also some unions and workers who demand more stuff than they should wastes a companies $$$, it is outragous while also the truth, and it hurts.

Forest, you made a valid sensable point here, :tup:!

What does that have to do with the transit cuts? Says to you who gone OFF topic again.

Please bring it to PM if you want to argue sir or kiddo whoever you are and we know exactly what we are talking about Mr. West 8th Dangling Monkey.

I cannot also take it anymore, I want all of this in PM but this w8Hou refuses to use PM like he knows it all! Geez, I cannot believe he is this knowledge-less of using PM!

PLEASE SHUT UP!

YOU are the one who keeps on ruining perfect threads, NO one ELSE!!!

Jesus Christ, you guys love to fight. CAN YOU KEEP IT PM??? Otherwise topics like this will get locked.. Geez!! This is so childish :)!

Thank You:tup:. Back to topic any reactions to fact NYC area is not the only big city/regional transit agency in the USA like San Diego and St Louis with huge defecits and doomesday cuts is also occuring around the country?

Please bring it to PM if you want to argue sir or kiddo whoever you are and we know exactly what we are talking about Mr. West 8th Dangling Monkey.

I cannot also take it anymore, I want all of this in PM but this w8Hou refuses to use PM like he knows it all! Geez, I cannot believe he is this knowledge-less of using PM!

You mad? Dont be hard of yourself, AWWang. We know you dont make sense at all.

Thank You:tup:. Back to topic any reactions to fact NYC area is not the only big city/regional transit agency in the USA like San Diego and St Louis with huge defecits and doomesday cuts is also occuring around the country?

Ummm, it is a nationwide problem that is affecting in this stupid recession. Look at Chicago's doomsday plan and its worst.

Archived