New T/O class getting ready to come out

Pelham Bay Dave

Got my letter tonight, and on June 5 (Thursday this week), I go in for my pre-interview, and medical. I think I will have to redo the LAB also. $26.99 is the starting pay, stated on the letter I was sent.
Congrats! I go on the 12th,keep us posted..Btw, I think the $26.99 is top pay after three years. Hopefully I'm WRONG because that would be a good starting rate.

Got my letter tonight, and on June 5 (Thursday this week), I go in for my pre-interview, and medical. I think I will have to redo the LAB also. $26.99 is the starting pay, stated on the letter I was sent.

I guess it is June already. Congratulations! But we already knew what was up over here.

Congrats! I go on the 12th,keep us posted..Btw, I think the $26.99 is top pay after three years. Hopefully I'm WRONG because that would be a good starting rate.

Just edited that post of mine, and put up the letter. Had to cut the SSN, and address.

How did it go today at medical?

No medical. Less than 30 people were there today. Most of us today, had supposed to be in the March class. Less than 10 were there for medical, but for other positions. We did a LAB again and a pre-interview (fill out paperwork for LAB and Medical, and get packet if you haven't gotten one already (I already had packet since February)), and I was out by 840. We will get called to do the Medical. They will test for diabetes on the spot. So you will make 2 trips down there. LAB, application, show your I.D., and get packet first (if you haven't gotten it), then you will be called back for the Medical, which on the same day, you are hired, fingerprinted, and have you mugshot taken for Transit ID pass. This is for those others who might be reading this. You should have been through this process, since you are employed by MTA.

Here is something funny. Yesterday, KB General Dispatcher called me to tell me I had to be down there at 730. I said to them, they actually called Kingsbridge depot, to tell you, to call me, to confirm what they sent me in a letter. He said yes they did, just in case I needed a COA or CDO. They would have changed my assignment........

At least they kind of treated you like a promotional. The only diffance is with the Promotions its a one day Medical on your scheduled working day and get paid 3hrs Overtime for an early report. I remember I was AM's at the time and only got one trip dropped. My job was covered but still had to show up so resumed in time for my second trip and bounced the other C/R to the Extra Board. The only person that was happy about it was my Regular T/O she missed me.

No medical. Less than 30 people were there today. Most of us today, had supposed to be in the March class. Less than 10 were there for medical, but for other positions. We did a LAB again and a pre-interview (fill out paperwork for LAB and Medical, and get packet if you haven't gotten one already (I already had packet since February)), and I was out by 840. We will get called to do the Medical. They will test for diabetes on the spot. So you will make 2 trips down there. LAB, application, show your I.D., and get packet first (if you haven't gotten it), then you will be called back for the Medical, which on the same day, you are hired, fingerprinted, and have you mugshot taken for Transit ID pass. This is for those others who might be reading this. You should have been through this process, since you are employed by MTA.

Here is something funny. Yesterday, KB General Dispatcher called me to tell me I had to be down there at 730. I said to them, they actually called Kingsbridge depot, to tell you, to call me, to confirm what they sent me in a letter. He said yes they did, just in case I needed a COA or CDO. They would have changed my assignment........

Ok,I never got a packet yet.I just have that paper they attached to the letter about employment history,criminal background etc.My command center told me I have to report to work after I go, if not,I will be marked Awol.They Said"don't try to get out of coming to work!" They suggested I take an ava day(YEAH RIGHT)I told them if I go over my report time,I will notify them and take it from there.I remember when I first started in TA,I did medical,fingerprints,photo I.d.,interview all in one day.They hired me the same day.They had a spot a couple of blocks away from 34st on the N,R,W line.

Ok,I never got a packet yet.I just have that paper they attached to the letter about employment history,criminal background etc.My command center told me I have to report to work after I go, if not,I will be marked Awol.They Said"don't try to get out of coming to work!" They suggested I take an ava day(YEAH RIGHT)I told them if I go over my report time,I will notify them and take it from there.I remember when I first started in TA,I did medical,fingerprints,photo I.d.,interview all in one day.They hired me the same day.They had a spot a couple of blocks away from 34st on the N,R,W line.

That application I filled out when I got there in February, since I got no letter then. They will check your application and background, then give you the packet (yellow envelope), and send you for the LAB. Then they will send you back to the front desk to tell them you are done, and they will say " we will call you for your medical"....... They can't mess with you if you are still at Livingston and suppose to be at work. Just sick the union on them if they try. Oh wait, we are local 100, where our motto is, "our bark is bigger than our bite".....

That application I filled out when I got there in February, since I got no letter then. They will check your application and background, then give you the packet (yellow envelope), and send you for the LAB. Then they will send you back to the front desk to tell them you are done, and they will say " we will call you for your medical"....... They can't mess with you if you are still at Livingston and suppose to be at work. Just sick the union on them if they try. Oh wait, we are local 100, where our motto is, "our bark is bigger than our bite".....
They know they can't mess with me,people like to hear themselves talk sometime..Union? what union?OH...The guys that work with upper management?? Oops,I mean work for us.:rolleyes:I still pay my dues tho.

They know they can't mess with me,people like to hear themselves talk sometime..Union? what union?OH...The guys that work with upper management?? Oops,I mean work for us.:rolleyes:I still pay my dues tho.

No, the guys who work to get your hard earned cash, negotiating before you get in the office on your punishment with management, and get two paychecks (MTA and Union) rat ba$tard$.....Those are the guys I'm talking about. We must be talking about two different unions......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

No, the guys who work to get your hard earned cash, negotiating before you get in the office on your punishment with management, and get two paychecks (MTA and Union) rat ba$tard$.....Those are the guys I'm talking about. We must be talking about two different unions......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Oh,you know them too huh?? Small world I swear!It's been a very long time since I've seen them,say hello for me.;)

• 4 months later...

Archived