Person Commits Suicide At 33 St

Fresh Pond

Ok, like 15 mins ago after getting off work, me & my co-worker was walking to the 33 St station. When we got there, there was a crowd of people leaving the station and paramedics & cops everywhere. As we got to the station, we was told that there isn't no train service cuz someone committed suicide (I guess he/she jumped in front of the (6) train) on the uptown side and that there's no service in both directions cuz of it. I just got the notification on twitter and it verified it.

Posted: 02/03/2010 10:24PM

Due to a police investigation at the 33rd Street Station:

Woodlawn-bound (4) train service will terminate at the Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall Station.

Utica Avenue-bound (4) and Brooklyn Bridge-bound (6) train service will terminate at the 86th Street Station.

I wonder what happening to the (5).

Suicide isn't a joke. My dad's best friend took the easy way out.

So that incident forbids us from getting a cheap laugh? If the incidents were linked I might see your point, but there not so I don't. If anything, I could not care less about the jumper, I only feel for the train crew and the other first responders.

you think thats crazy? at 40th street (7) station,they saw a splattered body under the very high elevated staion. it was crazy.

Well, you know, there's that thing called gravity that tends to shine in these situations...remember 9.81m/s^2...

lmfao! I'm I thinking of whomever you were thinking?

Great minds think alike.

Suicide isn't a joke. My dad's best friend took the easy way out.

I never laughed that the person died. I only laughed about Joe's inside joke. Of course it's sad when someone offs themselves. However, I'm with INDman.

Enough with the damn suicide by train. These people don't even think of the consequences - not just tying up service for hours and inconveniencing thousands of people, but the t/o that has to see the death first hand. I frankly have no sympathies for the suicider that puts trauma on the t/o that has to see the death. How about sympathy for the t/o?

Great minds think alike.

Indeed! I look forward to when the weather is warmer, we're gonna have a great day when we meet up.

How about sympathy for the t/o?

When these situations happen, my only sympathies go out to the train crew, the clean-up crew and the first responders. I pay no mind to the idiot that got themselves creamed by a 400-ton train.

Indeed! I look forward to when the weather is warmer, we're gonna have a great day when we meet up.

Hah you bet. Just wait 'till you meet me in person, you think i'm nucking futs now? :cool:

When these situations happen, my only sympathies go out to the train crew, the clean-up crew and the first responders. I pay no mind to the idiot that got themselves creamed by a 400-ton train.

Amen!

Hah you bet. Just wait 'till you meet me in person, you think i'm nucking futs now? :cool:

LMAO. Cheers to that then :)

the(6) is my home line when i'm not flagging. i probably know the crew. what the public does not know is these things happen on a daily basis but never make the news. i feel for the crew, but i know the t/o can take a year off with full pay to recover from the trama. but he/she will never be the same. they will second guess the way they operate and might feel nervous entering that station. then again some are fine and come back to work asap.

the(6) is my home line when i'm not flagging. i probably know the crew. what the public does not know is these things happen on a daily basis but never make the news.

I was told by a friend in track who has gone on parts details, that the average is 3 a week. He said they try to keep it out of the news to prevent copy cat incidents.

I would agree with Grand Concourse; the entire incident is unfortunate, but I would prefer that someone who commits suicide does it by their own hand rather than jumping in front of a train or bus. Doing it that way leaves the T/O traumatized and guilty possibly to the degree of never being able to work the line again. Still, my heart goes out to the family and the train/cleanup crews.

Posted: 02/03/2010 10:24PM

Due to a police investigation at the 33rd Street Station:

Woodlawn-bound (4) train service will terminate at the Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall Station.

Utica Avenue-bound (4) and Brooklyn Bridge-bound (6) train service will terminate at the 86th Street Station.

I wonder what happening to the (5).

Probably via the (2), but ...

I guess all (5) is diverted onto the (2)?!?

you stole it out of my mouth!

Archived