Even With Service Cuts, MTA Still Faces $400M Gap

mark1447

The way I see it, even if people don't agree with what I say, I try to show some justification for my opinion. This guy on the other hand can't seem to do that or even try to see the other side of the argument. It's his way or the high way no matter what.

*Clicks the "Thanks" button* :cool:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whenever there's a thread it seems like people always support something that screws me over. They know I live in a two fare zone so they deliberately support eliminating free transfers just out of spite. It's the same with eliminating express buses. I'm so damn sick of being the villain.

Whenever there's a thread it seems like people always support something that screws me over. They know I live in a two fare zone so they deliberately support eliminating free transfers just out of spite. It's the same with eliminating express buses. I'm so damn sick of being the villain.

Sounds like you can't handle the truth.

If you would stop complaining about every little thing that does not go your way, I doubt people would be against you. I live in a one fare zone, but if I lived in a 2 fare zone I would either pay it or find an alternative. Some times life is a real ***** and you gotta just deal with it. Like the unofficial mantra of the USMC, improvise adapt overcome. Apply to any thing life throws at you.

If you would stop complaining about every little thing that does not go your way, I doubt people would be against you. I live in a one fare zone, but if I lived in a 2 fare zone I would either pay it or find an alternative. Some times life is a real ***** and you gotta just deal with it. Like the unofficial mantra of the USMC, improvise adapt overcome. Apply to any thing life throws at you.

*Clicks the "Thanks" button, again*

I was watching NY1 tonight and someone called in saying that the MTA should get rid of the single fare. I think that this would be a good idea, have people pay for both the subway and bus individualy instead of being able to go from one to the other.

Appologizzle, but if there was a "no thanks" button, I would hit it right here.

Appologizzle, but if there was a "no thanks" button, I would hit it right here.

Hey I understand, it is what it is. Thing is though, the country is going through a tough time and people must sacrifice. If this that we have to go back to the way things were pre metro card then thats what needs to be done. We have to think of the long term, pay more now for better service later on or pay the same now and get lousy service.

Lol, well it is sorta related to the budget thing. Plus with the hijacking here, I don't think this is much of a detraction ;)

Hem, I'm not so sure I want the separate fares for subways and buses. But I think maybe there should be a distance based fare system. The main problem would be to make the turnstiles allow riders to swipe out.

Hah! I can see it now... A news report on people stuck in the subway system for days. With tears: "I don't know what else to do...I have no money to get out of the system. The machine won't let me go..." :cry: LOL

They should have never put free transfers or extra rides on metro cards. You should pay for what you use, if you use the bus you pay for it. If you use the bus and the subway you pay for both, no free rides.

Chill... What if I want to go just one or two good distance stop(s) on the train? Another $2.25...;)

Chill... What if I want to go just one or two good distance stop(s) on the train? Another $2.25...;)

Yea mean you take the bus then get on the train for one or two stops? If so yes, thats the way it used to be. No bus to subway transfers.

Hey I understand, it is what it is. Thing is though, the country is going through a tough time and people must sacrifice. If this that we have to go back to the way things were pre metro card then thats what needs to be done. We have to think of the long term, pay more now for better service later on or pay the same now and get lousy service.
They could start small right now by getting rid of the card bonuses. At least then we won't have to calculate how much to add to get the balance to $0. And charge a premium if riders buys single ride/two ride cards, rather than to give a discount for buying higher denominations. [Also no penalties if a person just wants to add $2.25 to their current card.]

Oh please, like you would be the only person that would be affected... I need to take a bus to get to the nearest subway stop as well.

Also no one is saying to take away "your" express bus lines. But there are some lines that are not even full that should be reduced service wise or cut altogether to keep existing local bus and subway services preserved.

So you need to stop making this "all about you", which exactly is the reason why people are jumping on you.

I live in Locust Manor (thanks Rich E. Green! :cool:), Queens, so you know I'd be paying $9.00 round trip, just to go to Penn Station! Whoa, nelly!

They could start small right now by getting rid of the card bonuses. At least then we won't have to calculate how much to add to get the balance to $0. And charge a premium if riders buys single ride/two ride cards, rather than to give a discount for buying higher denominations. [Also no penalties if a person just wants to add $2.25 to their current card.]

Exactly, those card bonuses are the biggest waste of money around. People should only get what they pay for, nothing else.

Heh I remember when I suggested that and everyone here went a'complainin...

Archived