My Plan To Unclog Queens Plaza Jct.

67thAve

I remember taking the (F) prior to 2001. It was super crowded. In fact, the (F) used to carry more people than the (E). However, it ran more frequently back then and it actually went where people wanted to go. After the (F) was rerouted, ridership probably dropped 40%. Many (F) riders had to take the (E) to get to destinations they used to be able to access via the (F). Previously, riders at Lexington/53rd wanting express service to Roosevelt, Continental, or Union Turnpike could take any train that arrived. Now they have to wait for the (E).

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember taking the (F) prior to 2001. It was super crowded. In fact, the (F) used to carry more people than the (E). However, it ran more frequently back then and it actually went where people wanted to go. After the (F) was rerouted, ridership probably dropped 40%. Many (F) riders had to take the (E) to get to destinations they used to be able to access via the (F). Previously, riders at Lexington/63rd wanting express service to Roosevelt, Continental, or Union Turnpike could take any train that arrived. Now they have to wait for the (E).

No, they can also take this:

R32VtrainattheLowerEastSide-SecondA.jpg

This is why I hate Springfield Gardens!!! Who gives a rat's ass if you have priorities? If your priorities were so high, you would leave your house early and stop complaining about how bad service is!!!!!!

I remember taking the (F) prior to 2001. It was super crowded. In fact, the (F) used to carry more people than the (E). However, it ran more frequently back then and it actually went where people wanted to go. After the (F) was rerouted, ridership probably dropped 40%. Many (F) riders had to take the (E) to get to destinations they used to be able to access via the (F). Previously, riders at Lexington/63rd wanting express service to Roosevelt, Continental, or Union Turnpike could take any train that arrived. Now they have to wait for the (E).

And residents in Rockaway Pk use to have a train to Manhattan and not just 5 am trains. i dont hear them complaining.

and prior to 2001, only 3 of 4 QB lines went into manhattan. now its 4. Improvement? I think so.

No, they can also take this:

R32VtrainattheLowerEastSide-SecondA.jpg

This is why I hate Springfield Gardens!!! Who gives a rat's ass if you have priorities? If your priorities were so high, you would leave your house early and stop complaining about how bad service is!!!!!!

I really thought we were moving past January's flame war but I made one comment about NPD (and I later apologized) and it's back to square one.

I really thought we were moving past January's flame war but I made one comment about NPD (and I later apologized) and it's back to square one.

This is entirely different. You are giving your insights, and people are disagreeing with you. Don't throw a fit if people don't agree with what you say.

And on another note, stop always assuming other people to see you as "evil". You're just bringing your self-esteem down. If that's the road you want to go down, don't post. It's that simple.

How typical. You're better off just leaving this place period.

dude, sometimes one taking a step back for a second is wise before things blow up out of wack. relax. its only a forum. granted, some do sometimes take things too personal. but when they deside to step back, let em.

dude, sometimes one taking a step back for a second is wise before things blow up out of wack. relax. its only a forum. granted, some do sometimes take things too personal. but when they deside to step back, let em.

I'm all good. I may as well throw in the towel myself, I just had a chock-filled evening with back and forth flaming. That's friggin' awesome :cool:!

I remember taking the (F) prior to 2001. It was super crowded. In fact, the (F) used to carry more people than the (E). However, it ran more frequently back then and it actually went where people wanted to go. After the (F) was rerouted, ridership probably dropped 40%. Many (F) riders had to take the (E) to get to destinations they used to be able to access via the (F). Previously, riders at Lexington/53rd wanting express service to Roosevelt, Continental, or Union Turnpike could take any train that arrived. Now they have to wait for the (E).

Waiting for the (E) is not a big deal when trains run every four minutes. You have to wait an average of two minutes for the train at rush hour.

I'm just perplexed at the notion that people would support a service pattern that involves a major trunk line skipping several of its most important stations and making random stops in the middle of nowhere. People relied on the (F) to get to their destinations. Furthermore, when did crowding become such an issue? This is NYC. The subway is suppose to be crowded. I'm sure we could reduce crowding on the (4) by having it skip 42nd Street, Union Square, and Fulton Street but no one would support that idea since it is idiotic. Guess what? Rerouting the (F) via 63rd is the same thing as the (4) skipping 42nd, Union Square, and Fulton. The (F) via 63rd is a screwed up service pattern that hurts more people than it helps. I don't care if people boycott my fan trips or call me names. I'm taking a stand. I'm sick of this ridiculous service pattern.

You know who we really have to thank for the 63d Street Connector we have today? The failed Queens Super Express and Second Avenue Subway, that's who.

If those two plans had been realized, East 63d Street would be a whole different setup today.

Instead the Queens Super Express never left the planning board and the Second Avenue Subway, under construction when the fiscal crises hit in 1975 was left out of the Capital Budget the next year. But the 63d Street line was built with new stations at Lexington Avenue, Roosevelt Island and 21st Street-Queensbridge.

O.K. so it's not perfect, then again nothing is really, but instead of ending at a place with no transfers, the 63d Street line ties into Queens Boulevard and allows for through service. Maybe Lexington Avenue is in "the middle of nowhere" but Madison and Fifth Avenues are nearby as is Central Park and Roosevelt Island finally got subway service which wasn't possible on the 53d Street line.

53d Street still has the (E) 24/7 63d Street has the (F) 24/7 and the (V) helps the (E) during rush hours, middays, evenings.

Maybe what should be considered is switching the (F) and (V) so that the (F) is the Queens Boulevard Local and the (V) is the Queens Boulevard Express rather than switching the (F) and (V) so that the (F) serves 53d Street and the (V) serves 63d Street.

isnt the E also a major trunk line?? it still serves 53rd street.

now the idea of switching the F to local and the V express might work If they also swapped northern terminals. Think of how long of a run the F would be making every single stop like the R. then you would pretty much have the same "issue" Forest Glen is having. with the exception of now having to wait for one of 2 trains. to be honest, its fine the way it is. you have a local AND an express serving 53rd st. another express using an alternate route as well as another local serving a 3rd route. Whats the problem?

I'm just perplexed at the notion that people would support a service pattern that involves a major trunk line skipping several of its most important stations and making random stops in the middle of nowhere. People relied on the (F) to get to their destinations. Furthermore, when did crowding become such an issue? This is NYC. The subway is suppose to be crowded. I'm sure we could reduce crowding on the (4) by having it skip 42nd Street, Union Square, and Fulton Street but no one would support that idea since it is idiotic. Guess what? Rerouting the (F) via 63rd is the same thing as the (4) skipping 42nd, Union Square, and Fulton. The (F) via 63rd is a screwed up service pattern that hurts more people than it helps. I don't care if people boycott my fan trips or call me names. I'm taking a stand. I'm sick of this ridiculous service pattern.

Get over it! There's nothing you can do about it so stop complaining or else the MTA will cut your (E) line and extend the (R) to Jamaica Center and have you Springfield Gardeners suffer! No wonder why my friends and I hate your damn neighborhood so much.

These anti-Springfield Gardens comments are really pissing me off. It was funny the first time but now it's getting on my nerves. If you support the (V) train, fine. But it's not necessary to diss my neighborhood.

Listen real good: stop complaining about how bad you feel service is!!! There's nothing you can do anymore. Your dumbfounded neighborhood already made the (E) R32-free, what more damage do you want to do to the MTA?

I hope the (E) gets cut. You Springfield Gardeners really need to pull that silver spoon out of your rear ends and get back to reality. Don't like the train service you're being provided with? Get a car!!!

Archived