My Plan To Unclog Queens Plaza Jct.

67thAve

Get over it! There's nothing you can do about it so stop complaining or else the MTA will cut your (E) line and extend the (R) to Jamaica Center and have you Springfield Gardeners suffer! No wonder why my friends and I hate your damn neighborhood so much.

These anti-Springfield Gardens comments are really pissing me off. It was funny the first time but now it's getting on my nerves. If you support the (V) train, fine. But it's not necessary to diss my neighborhood.

Guys, chill the hell out.

Forest, your argument is flawed due to it being based on the needs of your personal commute and wanting a one seat ride.

Lrg, i can understand your frustration, but you are kinda making it personal.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forest, your argument is flawed due to it being based on the needs of your personal commute and wanting a one seat ride.

I'm not frustrated at all, but I find it ridiculous that people from a certain neighborhood think that they can hold the MTA by a leash and have their way with their service. If Forest Glen stopped complaining about how poor he felt service is then I'd have a different mindset.

We are in a recession! We're going to experience inadequate service without a doubt, but to think that ONE person can change it all is absolutely ludicrous.

chances are, if one misses the E, its only gonna be a few minutes infront of a V. E,V,E,V. isnt that the pattern at 53rd?? if a V arrives first on queens Bl, chances are, its gonna be behind the E one would have to wait for if they wanted an express. i say, get on that V, enjoy the ride(and the seat, and only be a few minutes behind. and also think about it this way, if an E or an F gets delayed on QB, you still have the V going around the problem and still have a train to 53rd. Options. thats what the current routing gives.

chances are, if one misses the E, its only gonna be a few minutes infront of a V. E,V,E,V. isnt that the pattern at 53rd?? if a V arrives first on queens Bl, chances are, its gonna be behind the E one would have to wait for if they wanted an express. i say, get on that V, enjoy the ride(and the seat, and only be a few minutes behind. and also think about it this way, if an E or an F gets delayed on QB, you still have the V going around the problem and still have a train to 53rd. Options. thats what the current routing gives.

THANK YOU!!!

However, the (E) runs more frequent than the (V). The (E) runs 15TPH during rush hours; the (V) runs roughly 8-10 TPH during rush hours. But the point stands as why the (F) and the (V)'s routes are the way that they are, and it has been established over and over. This "(V) via 63rd" nonsense has been brought up before. The (F) is NOT leaving 63rd Street, bottom line. And if Forest Glen doesn't like it, then he has the option of taking an express bus or buying a car to get around public transportation altogether.

I'll say this one more time in simple English: there isn't crap on Roosevelt Island. The only thing near 21st/Queensbridge is projects (like the one lrg comes from). Lexington/63rd is another random stop. Besides Hunter College and Bloomingdales, there's nothing there. If 57 Street was a block east then ridership would double at that station. However, that's not the case. Another BS station. I'm trying to figure out why does the (F) make these asinine stops. Ask any (E) or (F) rider. The only people who truly support the (V) are Queens local riders between Roosevelt and Queens Plaza. And those people are far outnumbered by the myriad of (F) riders who have to switch to the (E) to get to destinations they were able to access prior to 12/16/01. This is not just a personal bias. This is based on observation. I've physically witnessed the hoardes of Manhattan bound (F) riders switching to the (E) at Union Turnpike. I've also witnessed people at Roosevelt letting the (F) pass and getting on the (E).

Indeed the (E) is a major trunk line and always has been the best one to serve 53d Street since it serves each of the stations (Lexington, Fifth, Seventh and nearby 50th Street on Eighth).

Yes, at one time you could take any train ((E) or (F)) at 71st Avenue, Roosevelt Avenue or Queens Plaza as far as Fifth Avenue. You still can, though one now is the (V) which makes five additional stops between 71st Avenue and Roosevelt and again from Roosevelt Avenue to Queens Plaza.

Is the (V) running local and the (F) running via express really any different from late nights when the (E) runs local while the (F) continues to run express?

Times change.

I'll say this one more time in simple English: there isn't crap on Roosevelt Island. The only thing near 21st/Queensbridge is projects (like the one lrg comes from). Lexington/63rd is another random stop. Besides Hunter College and Bloomingdales, there's nothing there. If 57 Street was a block east then ridership would double at that station. However, that's not the case. Another BS station. I'm trying to figure out why does the (F) make these asinine stops. Ask any (E) or (F) rider. The only people who truly support the (V) are Queens local riders between Roosevelt and Queens Plaza. And those people are far outnumbered by the myriad of (F) riders who have to switch to the (E) to get to destinations they were able to access prior to 12/16/01. This is not just a personal bias. This is based on observation. I've physically witnessed the hoardes of Manhattan bound (F) riders switching to the (E) at Union Turnpike. I've also witnessed people at Roosevelt letting the (F) pass and getting on the (E).

1. I don't live in projects. I live in a middle-class apartment building, so get your facts straight or don't bother speaking at all.

2. Sending the (F) via 53rd and the (V) via 63rd Street is a BIG mistake, and to say that the (F) makes asinine stops is borderline asinine. Do you have the ridership figures to prove your claim that the (F) makes these so-called "asinine" stops?

3. By sending the (V) via 63rd, you are putting a strain on the 53rd Street corridor. The (E) is extremely frequent to the extent that its northern terminal cannot even handle all the trains that it serves every hour.

4. Another reason why (F) riders also switch for the (E) is to also access EIghth Avenue. Did that ever occur to you? Did it occur to you that the (E) is the only Eighth Avenue Line that serves Queens Boulevard, and that Eighth Avenue is a busy corridor itself?

If you cannot prove your claims, you have nothing.

Just because you see people leave the F or pass it up for the E, does that make the F itself empty? What if there are people tired of the crap at 53rd-Lex? Maybe that's what the F's purpose is, to bypass those crowded stations.

Subways are not supposed to be dangerously overcrowded to the point the platform cannot hold all the people safely. 53rd-Lex can't handle two EXPRESS trains running to that stop. If people wants the 6 so bad they'll take the V or wait till Lafayette-Bleecker.

You know who we really have to thank for the 63d Street Connector we have today? The failed Queens Super Express and Second Avenue Subway, that's who.

If those two plans had been realized, East 63d Street would be a whole different setup today.

Instead the Queens Super Express never left the planning board and the Second Avenue Subway, under construction when the fiscal crises hit in 1975 was left out of the Capital Budget the next year. But the 63d Street line was built with new stations at Lexington Avenue, Roosevelt Island and 21st Street-Queensbridge.

O.K. so it's not perfect, then again nothing is really, but instead of ending at a place with no transfers, the 63d Street line ties into Queens Boulevard and allows for through service. Maybe Lexington Avenue is in "the middle of nowhere" but Madison and Fifth Avenues are nearby as is Central Park and Roosevelt Island finally got subway service which wasn't possible on the 53d Street line.

53d Street still has the (E) 24/7 63d Street has the (F) 24/7 and the (V) helps the (E) during rush hours, middays, evenings.

Maybe what should be considered is switching the (F) and (V) so that the (F) is the Queens Boulevard Local and the (V) is the Queens Boulevard Express rather than switching the (F) and (V) so that the (F) serves 53d Street and the (V) serves 63d Street.

And what do you accomplish by switching the F and V other than the letters?

To anyone in general: Subways are not supposed to be dangerously overcrowded to the point the platform cannot hold all the people safely. 53rd-Lex can't handle two EXPRESS trains running to that stop. If people wants the 6 so bad they'll take the V or wait till Lafayette-Bleecker.

Thank you Grand Concourse for that post!!!

Forest Glen doesn't realize that moving the (F) back to 53rd would do more harm than good.

To anyone in general: Subways are not supposed to be dangerously overcrowded to the point the platform cannot hold all the people safely. 53rd-Lex can't handle two EXPRESS trains running to that stop. If people wants the 6 so bad they'll take the V or wait till Lafayette-Bleecker.

Just being a little sarcastic, Grand Concourse. The only thing that basically happens is the old service pattern is restored - kind of.

Heaven forbid if the (F) train actually went to a stop where people wanted to go.

I'm sick of this back and forth arguing. It's pointless.The usual clique of people already decided that the (V) is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I've dealt with this idiotic service pattern for over 8 years. It sucks, but I deal with it. Just don't complain about me taking the "wasteful" express bus. The express bus doesn't stop at Roosevelt Island or Queensbridge. It goes straight to the Manhattan CBD.

Heaven forbid if the (F) train actually went to a stop where people wanted to go.

I'm sick of this back and forth arguing. It's pointless.The usual clique of people already decided that the (V) is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I've dealt with this idiotic service pattern for over 8 years. It sucks, but I deal with it. Just don't complain about me taking the "wasteful" express bus. The express bus doesn't stop at Roosevelt Island or Queensbridge. It goes straight to the Manhattan CBD.

What makes you think that there is no ridership at the Queensbridge, Roosevelt Island, Lexington Avenue and 57th Street stops? I'd like to see ACTUAL proof than just your wordsay.

And on a further note:

bad_credit_car_finance.jpg

I HIGHLY suggest you get one.

What do you want from me?

lmfao...

I'm seriously questioning your maturity after this comment.

What self righteous man conjures up the thought of saying anything remotely close to this....

I hope the (E) gets cut. You Springfield Gardeners really need to pull that silver spoon out of your rear ends and get back to reality. Don't like the train service you're being provided with? Get a car!!!

In a word - Spiteful.

You hope the E gets cut just to shut those residents up.. I hope you're saying that in the heat of the moment, not that you actually believe the MTA should go through w/ that for that reason....

I'm not on here to tell you whether you should like those residents or not.... What I will say is, it's not only Springfield Gardeners that have the mentality you continue to get after forest glen about... You're gonna get that line of thinking from SE Queens residents b/c their commute to Manhattan is rather dreadful... I understand why he feels like that (well, not the whole F via 53 needs to happen RIGHT NOW & the V is the worst thing in the world BS), but the whole whoa is me, holier than thou, the MTA must cater to me, me-me-me attitude does get annoying, that I will agree with....

I see nothing silver spoonish anywhere in that part of queens.... Don't let those nice looking homes out there fool you...

Well w00t for you, at least you have backup options plus the LIRR. RI riders have a tram that needs to be fixed up so it doesn't get stuck above the river again and the F train. And the last 'option' is they have to take the Q102 back to Queens just to get the Q32/Q60 back to Manhattan.

No one is saying the "V is great", what we don't want to see is 53rd-Lex get to the point where a person falls on the tracks and gets run over by the train. Which you never seem to understand.

Express buses that aren't even full are a waste. If people wants their express bus service so much, they should be willing to pay a little more to retain it.

"The express bus doesn't stop at Roosevelt Island or Queensbridge. It goes straight to the Manhattan CBD"

yes heaven forbid you must go thru such stations...

I go thru areas that are probably 'just as bad' under Nostrand Av via the 2/5 lines. Should I complain about that? At least RI is a fairly good neighborhood.

lmfao...

What self righteous man conjures up the thought of saying anything remotely close to this....

I feel that I'm portrayed as a troll and as this villain simply because I'm speaking out about a service pattern that is detrimental to thousands of subway riders in Eastern Queens. I'm not naive. There are cliques at NYCTF and I'm not in the "In" crowd. That's why no one wants to come on my fan trips. It's the same thing with express buses. I think they're convenient and because I like express buses I'm instantly an elitist. Today I volunteered at a soup kitchen. Nothing elitist about that. It's frustrating because I really wanted to make friends and I really wanted to move past the 4 years of misery at Subchat. I refuse to be a pushover. I let people bully me in my adolescent years. That's why I lift weights now. Bottom line, I'm tired of being antagonized

lmfao...

In a word - Spiteful.

You hope the E gets cut just to shut those residents up.. I hope you're saying that in the heat of the moment, not that you actually believe the MTA should go through w/ that for that reason....

I'm not on here to tell you whether you should like those residents or not.... What I will say is, it's not only Springfield Gardeners that have the mentality you continue to get after forest glen about... You're gonna get that line of thinking from SE Queens residents b/c their commute to Manhattan is rather dreadful... I understand why he feels like that (well, not the whole F via 53 needs to happen RIGHT NOW & the V is the worst thing in the world BS), but the whole whoa is me, holier than thou, the MTA must cater to me, me-me-me attitude does get annoying, that I will agree with....

I see nothing silver spoonish anywhere in that part of queens.... Don't let those nice looking homes out there fool you...

Believe me, residents from Cambria Heights, Rosedale, Laurelton, Locust Manor, Hollis and St. Albans don't even compare to just Springfield Gardens -- and it's that ONE place that likes to throw everything in a tangent.

Forest Glen needs to realize that the MTA knows what they did when they sent the (F) via 63rd Street and he alone can't do anything about it, and neither will anyone from his bugee neighborhood.

I feel that I'm portrayed as a troll and as this villain simply because I'm speaking out about a service pattern that is detrimental to thousands of subway riders in Eastern Queens. I'm not naive. There are cliques at NYCTF and I'm not in the "In" crowd. That's why no one wants to come on my fan trips. It's the same thing with express buses. I think they're convenient and because I like express buses I'm instantly an elitist. Today I volunteered at a soup kitchen. Nothing elitist about that. It's frustrating because I really wanted to make friends and I really wanted to move past the 4 years of misery at Subchat. I refuse to be a pushover. I let people bully me in my adolescent years. That's why I lift weights now. Bottom line, I'm tired of being antagonized

Get over yourself. Who cares if no one goes on your railfan trips? Maybe no one is interested in your trips, or have things to do. Railfan solo for chrissakes, I do it all the time.

And since you love mentioning SubChat so much, and since you love to be a wannabe Weinberg, go back there and stop consuming Harry's server space with your drivel.

And on a final note, screw that neighborhood. That place has ZERO credibility. It's people like you that makes traveling in this system a nightmare day by day. The (E) used good equipment until you people started to complain when the (J) received 160s before the (E). If anything, (J) riders deserved new equipment 10x more.

That has nothing to do with this.

In most photo threads you ignore the other buses and just comment on the express bus pics [even if that pic is terrible compared to the other pics in the post].

Because you still post the same thing over and over again [DC Metro is better than NYCT etc] and this F to 53rd-Lex thing.* It's becoming a sick obsession like 33rd Street about the V no longer stopping at 2nd Av under a V extension.

I'll say this one more time in simple English: there isn't crap on Roosevelt Island. The only thing near 21st/Queensbridge is projects (like the one lrg comes from). Lexington/63rd is another random stop. Besides Hunter College and Bloomingdales, there's nothing there.

Although a fair point... Still doesn't mean that the F should be moved back to 53rd....

you don't reroute an entire subway line due to a few lowly used, or seemingly useless stations... let the train serve those stations & keep it moving... this all stems from the inception of the V, which I'm simply not going to get into...

Subways are not supposed to be dangerously overcrowded to the point the platform cannot hold all the people safely. 53rd-Lex can't handle two EXPRESS trains running to that stop.

Common sense isn't so common anymore is it....

- These F trains are too crowded nowadays... yo, take the E

- yeah but, that E train too crowded... dude, take the V

- The V? that's LOCAL. and it doesn't stop here anyway.

- This is getting dangerous.. I mean something has to be done... it's to the point where ppl look like they're going to spill onto the tracks..

- ah! finally V's run here now. nice empty train for me.. you getting on?

- NO.. you can have it. no one takes the V, it's not useful. I want the F!

- but it's.... too crowded.. remember?

talk about the bell curve effect....

much as I like chocolate cake & pound cake, I can't eat both of them @ the same time..... lol

That has nothing to do with this.

In most photo threads you ignore the other buses and just comment on the express bus pics [even if that pic is terrible compared to the other pics in the post].

Because you still post the same thing over and over again [DC Metro is better than NYCT etc] and this F to 53rd-Lex thing.* It's becoming a sick obsession like 33rd Street about the V no longer stopping at 2nd Av under a V extension.

Be warned, 33rd Street has hardcore edvidence behind his claims. The (M)/(V) combo, if passed, would only be done because it's a service cut, not an increase. I stand by his argument as to why sending the (V) away from it's current southern terminal detrimental.

Although a fair point... Still doesn't mean that the F should be moved back to 53rd....

you don't reroute an entire subway line due to a few lowly used, or seemingly useless stations... let the train serve those stations & keep it moving... this all stems from the inception of the V, which I'm simply not going to get into...

Common sense isn't so common anymore is it....

- These F trains are too crowded nowadays... yo, take the E

- yeah but, that E train too crowded... dude, take the V

- The V? that's LOCAL. and it doesn't stop here anyway.

- This is getting dangerous.. I mean something has to be done... it's to the point where ppl look like they're going to spill onto the tracks..

- ah! finally V's run here now. nice empty train for me.. you getting on?

- NO.. you can have it. no one takes the V, it's not useful. I want the F!

- but it's.... too crowded.. remember?

talk about the bell curve effect....

much as I like chocolate cake & pound cake, I can't eat both of them @ the same time..... lol

LOL! And excellent post, B35!

Be warned, 33rd Street has hardcore edvidence behind his claims. The (M)/(V) combo, if passed, would only be done because it's a service cut, not an increase. I stand by his argument as to why sending the (V) away from it's current southern terminal detrimental.

I think the V could be better used than to just terminate at 2nd Av. Personally I wished it went to Church Av, but since the MTA wants to cut the M from Chambers to Bay Pkwy, they figured it would be better to tie both ends of the V and M to allow a direct ride from 'Myrtle av' to Midtown.

Plus the V taking riders directly b/w those two points will take off riders from the F that would normally transfer at Essex for the J/M/Z.

I would prefer to 'wait and see', but I don't feel it is a doomsday scenario that he claims it is. I would also prefer they ran a 1 week trail run to see if it is something to keep or abolish.

I'm not a hardliner like some posters there, and I do keep an open mind about things. I personally see a benefit from making the V useful past W4th.

What do I have to do to make people like me?

Here's a local bus pic I took the other day. This was going to be part of the batch of photos I posted after my February railfan trip:

SN853599.jpg

I like the (V) train and I like R32's. The NYC Subway is better than the Washington Metro.

Now will people like me?

Archived