My Plan To Unclog Queens Plaza Jct.

67thAve

I think the V could be better used than to just terminate at 2nd Av. Personally I wished it went to Church Av, but since the MTA wants to cut the M from Chambers to Bay Pkwy, they figured it would be better to tie both ends of the V and M to allow a direct ride from 'Myrtle av' to Midtown.

Plus the V taking riders directly b/w those two points will take off riders from the F that would normally transfer at Essex for the J/M/Z.

I would prefer to 'wait and see', but I don't feel it is a doomsday scenario that he claims it is. I would also prefer they ran a 1 week trail run to see if it is something to keep or abolish.

I'm not a hardliner like some posters there, and I do keep an open mind about things. I personally see a benefit from making the V useful past W4th.

I 100% see where you're coming from. But the hole that the MTA is in right now should just make people greatful for the current service they have because we may be facing a fare hike in the near future.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do I have to do to make people like me?

Here's a local bus pic I took the other day. This was going to be part of the batch of photos I posted after my February railfan trip:

SN853599.jpg

I like the (V) train and I like R32's. The NYC Subway is better than the Washington Metro.

Now will people like me?

Yes.

What do I have to do to make people like me?

Here's a local bus pic I took the other day. This was going to be part of the batch of photos I posted after my February railfan trip:

I like the (V) train and I like R32's. The NYC Subway is better than the Washington Metro.

Now will people like me?

That's not the point. the point is to at least acknowledge all the pics in the post than to cherrypick certain buses. We get it you have a bias for and against certain buses. But that should not be a reason to snub photos that other people have taken. If anything you should be saying what stuff you like more and what a person could improve on.

You are just saying that, but you don't even mean it. Just don't keep saying "everything's better than NYCT", that's all. You don't have to like NYCT, and we get it about how it'll never compare to the 'standards' of other systems. We get it after the first 50 times.

Nothing against you at all, just some of your opinions. You need to accomodate others, than to think of just yourself.

I'll say this one more time in simple English: there isn't crap on Roosevelt Island. The only thing near 21st/Queensbridge is projects (like the one lrg comes from). Lexington/63rd is another random stop. Besides Hunter College and Bloomingdales, there's nothing there. If 57 Street was a block east then ridership would double at that station. However, that's not the case. Another BS station. I'm trying to figure out why does the (F) make these asinine stops. Ask any (E) or (F) rider. The only people who truly support the (V) are Queens local riders between Roosevelt and Queens Plaza. And those people are far outnumbered by the myriad of (F) riders who have to switch to the (E) to get to destinations they were able to access prior to 12/16/01. This is not just a personal bias. This is based on observation. I've physically witnessed the hoardes of Manhattan bound (F) riders switching to the (E) at Union Turnpike. I've also witnessed people at Roosevelt letting the (F) pass and getting on the (E).

ok, now you need to proof read before you post.

Youve obviously never went to roosevelt island. people live there. lots of people! people depend on that F train there.

who cares where lrg lives? for your info, i live in the projects! you say it like its a bad thing. granted, he went over the line generalizing where your from, but now youre guilty of the same and just offended another person. 2 wrongs doesnt make a right!.

Like i stated before, "Just because people prefer the E over the F DOESNT mean they are getting off at 53rd and Lex!!!! the E servers the West side of midtown AND lower manhattan!! the F DOESNT. Youre "observations" arent justified since you DO NOT ask every one of those people where they are going!!! Your making your argument based on a LACK OF FACTS!!!!

and from what ive seen, its those lack of facts that pisses people off!

and now its getting personal! Since last night!!!!! Take your beef to the PM!! Both of you!

B35via Church said it best:

"In a word - Spiteful.

You hope the E gets cut just to shut those residents up.. I hope you're saying that in the heat of the moment, not that you actually believe the MTA should go through w/ that for that reason....

I'm not on here to tell you whether you should like those residents or not.... What I will say is, it's not only Springfield Gardeners that have the mentality you continue to get after forest glen about... You're gonna get that line of thinking from SE Queens residents b/c their commute to Manhattan is rather dreadful... I understand why he feels like that (well, not the whole F via 53 needs to happen RIGHT NOW & the V is the worst thing in the world BS), but the whole whoa is me, holier than thou, the MTA must cater to me, me-me-me attitude does get annoying, that I will agree with....

I see nothing silver spoonish anywhere in that part of queens.... Don't let those nice looking homes out there fool you...

This thread has more than 15 replies."

I will contact a mod if this continues!!!! F*** that!!!! this is getting ridiculous!!!!! Both of u need to chill!!!!

I feel that I'm portrayed as a troll and as this villain simply because I'm speaking out about a service pattern that is detrimental to thousands of subway riders in Eastern Queens. I'm not naive. There are cliques at NYCTF and I'm not in the "In" crowd. That's why no one wants to come on my fan trips. It's the same thing with express buses. I think they're convenient and because I like express buses I'm instantly an elitist. Today I volunteered at a soup kitchen. Nothing elitist about that. It's frustrating because I really wanted to make friends and I really wanted to move past the 4 years of misery at Subchat. I refuse to be a pushover. I let people bully me in my adolescent years. That's why I lift weights now. Bottom line, I'm tired of being antagonized

You are portrayed as a troll b/c of your mannerisms & the way you convey your thoughts at others... Get out of that bubble you are living in.... You may think it's about "you"... but guess what, the next man is worrying about himself.... Get 10 more people that may disagree with your viewpoints on here, and there's 10 more people that aren't thinking about you.... that's just 10; a miniscule number.....

catch my drift? to hell w/ any cliques that may exist on this forum... It's how you come off as to why you're villified around here...

fan trips? I would be obliged if a group of people I thought couldn't stomach me, wouldn't come on my fan trips... I wouldn't bother to ask said ppl, but that's besides the point....

the express bus thing... again, it's how you come off... You like express buses, I like express buses.... difference is, I don't come on here throwing local buses & subways under the bus (pun unintended)... Just about everytime you talk about the things, you have to throw in some negative about some other entity of the system, to justify your like of express buses that much more... that is the attitude of an elitist, bro...

I'm not saying you have to conform to anyone on here... Stand up & be your own man, I encourage it... lift those weights... I'm appealing to you right now w/ this b/c I know you're better than the way you're coming off on this forum as of late (adjectives aside)....

don't know how else I can put it... that's my Dr. Phil moment of the day... lol....

When Adam Moreira posted that pic of the Q60 I gave him credit (and I genuinely meant it). Although it was a low floor bus, it was a fairly nice looking low floor bus. The seats were padded. However, I simply don't like the NG's. It's an unattractive bus with a bumpy ride. Nevertheless, I (think) I understand what you're saying. Disregard my biases and to give credit to the photographer if it's a clear pic.

As for DC vs. New York, I simply think that the DC Metro is a far superior system. If you compare this:

dc-metro.jpg

with this you'll see why:

86111121_862dc7dfea.thumbnail.jpg

I live in America. I'm entitled to my opinions. Furthermore, it get frustrating to always hear about fare hikes and service cuts. The DC Metro is like a fantasy, like a utopia devoid of the TWU, (V) train, rats, bums, R32's, and everything else I hate about the NYC Subway. I will admit that sometimes I go overboard. The NYC Subway has done good things-it's progressing on the (7) train extension and the Fulton Transit Center.

You are portrayed as a troll b/c of your mannerisms & the way you convey your thoughts at others... Get out of that bubble you are living in.... You may think it's about "you"... but guess what, the next man is worrying about himself.... Get 10 more people that may disagree with your viewpoints on here, and there's 10 more people that aren't thinking about you.... that's just 10; a miniscule number.....

catch my drift? to hell w/ any cliques that may exist on this forum... It's how you come off as to why you're villified around here...

fan trips? I would be obliged if a group of people I thought couldn't stomach me, wouldn't come on my fan trips... I wouldn't bother to ask said ppl, but that's besides the point....

the express bus thing... again, it's how you come off... You like express buses, I like express buses.... difference is, I don't come on here throwing local buses & subways under the bus (pun unintended)... Just about everytime you talk about the things, you have to throw in some negative about some other entity of the system, to justify your like of express buses that much more... that is the attitude of an elitist, bro...

I'm not saying you have to conform to anyone on here... Stand up & be your own man, I encourage it... lift those weights... I'm appealing to you right now w/ this b/c I know you're better than the way you're coming off on this forum as of late (adjectives aside)....

don't know how else I can put it... that's my Dr. Phil moment of the day... lol....

And this Phil, agrees with you B35. Well stated.

This week got off to a bad start because of my comments about NPD. Then this (V) train thing happened. I seriously hope this is a bump on the road and I can repair my reputation. I'm not Ken S. I'm not going to pull the cord on the Nostalgia train. I'm a decent guy who's going through a lot of changes in his personal life. I've said things I wish I could take back and too often my personal problems have manifested themselves at NYCTF. I just hope to move past this.

When Adam Moreira posted that pic of the Q60 I gave him credit (and I genuinely meant it). Although it was a low floor bus, it was a fairly nice looking low floor bus. The seats were padded. However, I simply don't like the NG's. It's an unattractive bus with a bumpy ride. Nevertheless, I (think) I understand what you're saying. Disregard my biases and to give credit to the photographer if it's a clear pic.

As for DC vs. New York, I simply think that the DC Metro is a far superior system. If you compare this:

with this you'll see why:

I live in America. I'm entitled to my opinions. Furthermore, it get frustrating to always hear about fare hikes and service cuts. The DC Metro is like a fantasy, like a utopia devoid of the TWU, (V) train, rats, bums, R32's, and everything else I hate about the NYC Subway. I will admit that sometimes I go overboard. The NYC Subway has done good things-it's progressing on the (7) train extension and the Fulton Transit Center.

And that is what I mean - you didn't mean a thing you said a few posts ago. You also keep neglecting the fact the DC Metro is more like a commuter RR [like the LIRR/MNCR] than a subway. And DECADES younger than NYCT's subway. They don't run 24/7 service.

Nothing's perfect. And it's comments like "The DC Metro is like a fantasy, like a utopia" why no one takes you seriously because you expect everything to be 'perfect' like that. You don't think everyone would wish the system was better?

Wake up, this is reality, nothing is perfect. Hell DC metro has had a few crashes and fatalities in recent years compared to NYC's last major crash back in 1995. I personally feel much safer on NYCT's subway than I would on the DC Metro looking at recent events.

i see B35 was also posting when i was! LOL

and also put up good points when it comes to the nonsense thats happening here!

waaaa! waaaa! no one comes to my trips!

waaaa! waaaa! i want the F!

I wanna hit Mega Millions!!!! im not crying!

Cliques??? What is this? the cool and non cool tables in the lunchroom??? Are you serious??? Forest, according to your info you are 25 years old.

grown ass man.

act like it!

Its a train commute! I hate my one seat ride to work.

Its express but long! I live in far rock and work in the Village.

I too have a job and responsabilities!

I dont whine about a super express A train to make my life easier! I could take the LIRR. Its a few minutes faster.

Do i? no. why pay 5 dollars more to save 10 minutes.

If my A gets delayed, i get off and i take the C. Or the J. Or the L.

thats 3 locals.

Options.

The MTAs motto is "Going Your Way"

not "taking you by the hand and listening to what you, and only you, wants.

all for $2.25!!!

Grow up!

LRG, just let it go dude. I understand this may not be a first time dealing. You remember the deal i had awhile ago with a certain someone. I took a break for awhile.

where are the mods when needed? thats what im starting to wonder.

No disrespect. but IMO, this thread shoulda been closed after it started up again from last night!

i see B35 was also posting when i was! LOL

and also put up good points when it comes to the nonsense thats happening here!

waaaa! waaaa! no one comes to my trips!

waaaa! waaaa! i want the F!

I wanna hit Mega Millions!!!! im not crying!

Cliques??? What is this? the cool and non cool tables in the lunchroom??? Are you serious??? Forest, according to your info you are 25 years old.

grown ass man.

act like it!

Its a train commute! I hate my one seat ride to work.

Its express but long! I live in far rock and work in the Village.

I too have a job and responsabilities!

I dont whine about a super express A train to make my life easier! I could take the LIRR. Its a few minutes faster.

Do i? no. why pay 5 dollars more to save 10 minutes.

If my A gets delayed, i get off and i take the C. Or the J. Or the L.

thats 3 locals.

Options.

The MTAs motto is "Going Your Way"

not "taking you by the hand and listening to what you, and only you, wants.

all for $2.25!!!

Grow up!

LRG, just let it go dude. I understand this may not be a first time dealing. You remember the deal i had awhile ago with a certain someone. I took a break for awhile.

where are the mods when needed? thats what im starting to wonder.

No disrespect. but IMO, this thread shoulda been closed after it started up again from last night!

IAWTP!

And Far Rock, on a side note, remember you was looking for New Flyer bus no. 9/13 around the time of your birthday? I caught that bus a few days ago on the B16! I'll post the pics up for you tomorrow.

IAWTP!

And Far Rock, on a side note, remember you was looking for New Flyer bus no. 9/13 around the time of your birthday? I caught that bus a few days ago on the B16! I'll post the pics up for you tomorrow.

SWEEEEEEEET!!!!! I was hoping nothing happend to that bus! good looks!!!!!!

I'll say this one more time in simple English: there isn't crap on Roosevelt Island. The only thing near 21st/Queensbridge is projects (like the one lrg comes from). Lexington/63rd is another random stop. Besides Hunter College and Bloomingdales, there's nothing there. If 57 Street was a block east then ridership would double at that station.

Roosevelt Island: 1.929 million riders a year

Lex-63rd: 3.952 million riders a year

21-Queensbridge: 2.238 million million riders a year

57 street: 4.559 million riders a year

wow look at all those millions of nonexistent uses....

SWEEEEEEEET!!!!! I was hoping nothing happend to that bus! good looks!!!!!!

Anytime man! :cool:

Now compare that with Queens Plaza, 23rd/Ely, Lexington/53rd, and 5th Avenue/53rd.

You're missing the point! You're saying that ridership doesn't warrant having the (F) stop at those stations when the fact of the matter is that it does. The only busy station on the 53rd Street corridor is Lexington Avenue, TBH.

Roosevelt Island: 1.929 million riders a year

Lex-63rd: 3.952 million riders a year

21-Queensbridge: 2.238 million million riders a year

57 street: 4.559 million riders a year

wow look at all those millions of nonexistent uses....

Now compare that with Queens Plaza, 23rd/Ely, Lexington/53rd, and 5th Avenue/53rd.

Apples and Oranges.

The point of fishmech's post:

The 4 stops served by the F along 63rd, are used my MILLIONS! fact!!

Apples and Oranges.

The point of fishmech's post:

The 4 stops served by the F along 63rd, are used my MILLIONS! fact!!

Yup, and the fact that Lexigton Avenue is served by 20 million passengers a year does not compensate the 63rd Street Stations as "low-use" or "insignificant".

Yup, and the fact that Lexigton Avenue is served by 20 million passengers a year does not compensate the 63rd Street Stations as "low-use" or "insignificant".

It does however compensate 53rd having TWO lines, a local and an express, serving it.

and having an express bypass what is already a congested corridor.

It does however compensate 53rd having TWO lines, a local and an express, serving it.

and having an express bypass what is already a congested corridor.

My point exactly. This is what Forest Glen needs to understand. The (F) via 53rd Street would just be harmful than beneficial. Two expresses along 53rd Street is a HUGE no-no. The MTA knew what they were doing when they were planning to send the (F) to 63rd when the conception of the (V) came into existence.

Which is a good thing for the F, as the F no longer has to be delayed in that corridor. It runs freely on 63rd St and 63rd rarely has problems especially if there's a 'bomb scare'.

Plus the V is always cut whenever 53rd St is closed and the E's diverted via 63rd.

Correct again.

BTW, if you ask me, this thread is legendary! It needs to be saved.

Archived