207th R46 in Service

R32 3838

An R46 from 207th st has entered service today on the (A)

5852/53/51/5850, 5896/97/95/5894

This Means Something!!!!

Note These R46's Belong to 207th Street yard.

I have a Photo I will Try to post It by tommorrow, It was in Far Rock Service.

This Means Something!!!!

Indeed this does mean something!

Could this possibly mean that the (C) may go full-length by next week?

104 R46's were transferred to Pitkin for A service in 2009 from Jamaica as Jamaica received R160's. The R46's for the A allowed for the retirement of the R40 slants. Jamaica continues to receive R160's so now is able to move out more R46's. This was planned way before the inspection of R44's. The 2nd wave of R46's transfers was originally supposed to allow the C to move to 10 cars and for the R32's on the C and A to start retirement of the R32's. Additional R46's on the A does not mean confirm anything about the status of the R44's. The R44 inspections have not led to a reduction in the number of R44's on the A. I still see just as many R44's on the A now as I saw 2 months ago.

When the R46s first started to go to 207th, the (C) didn't go full length. I don't see how more xfers can mean full length for the line now.

As someone just stated, the 46s went to Pitkin, not 207th Street.

It doesn't necessarily mean that. Since the reefing program was suspended I've heard that the full-length (C) was also suspended because its feasibility depended on the number of cars available after all R32-R42 were retired. Now that the dynamics are changing with the recent R44 issues an R46 out of 207th doesn't necessarily have to mean that anymore.

It doesn't necessarily mean that. Since the reefing program was suspended I've heard that the full-length (C) was also suspended because its feasibility depended on the number of cars available after all R32-R42 were retired. Now that the dynamics are changing with the recent R44 issues an R46 out of 207th doesn't necessarily have to mean that anymore.

and according to a statement made by Gennaro Sansone, NYC Transit Chief Mechanical Officer back in october, "R 32 cars are not going away until after 2010"

meh maybe these R46 are for extra (A) service. Or maybe this is to send some R32s to Jamaica possibly for (M)/(V) combo?

Why would they send trains around for a service that won't begin (if it even does) for several more months? I doubt that this move really means anything.

Okay Let me spill the Beans, That was the 1st 207th st R46 to enter service, To Me that Replaced an R44 set (the 1 that is in the 207th st Barn), I did hear a rumor that they would send More R32's back to Jamaica ((M)/(V) combo) They might have No Choice but to make the (C) 10 cars, But I am not going to say this is happening, We will just wait and see, Because everything has been uphill since they want the R44's to go swimming.

This Means Something!!!!

It means NOTHING. R46's have been on the (A) and at 207th Street Yard since (possibly before) April 2009. I even filmed one in April.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovlRNdPMNFU

Okay Let me spill the Beans, That was the 1st 207th st R46 to enter service, To Me that Replaced an R44 set (the 1 that is in the 207th st Barn), I did hear a rumor that they would send More R32's back to Jamaica ((M)/(V) combo) They might have No Choice but to make the (C) 10 cars, But I am not going to say this is happening, We will just wait and see, Because everything has been uphill since they want the R44's to go swimming.

that goes along with what was said at Octobers PCAC mwtting with MTA execs:

"In response to the question posed by Stuart Goldstein of whether the R44 had been previously reconditioned, Mr. Sansone said that they had not and some scheduled maintenance on these cars has been suspended because they will be decommissioned."

its not saying that the 44s are gone before the assumptions begin. It sounds like a train by train basis as far as 44s being decommissioned.

It means NOTHING. R46's have been on the (A) and at 207th Street Yard since (possibly before) April 2009. I even filmed one in April.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovlRNdPMNFU

They have been on the (A) since late February but this is the first time that a R46 set is stored at the 207th yard. They are usually stored at Pitkin.

Archived