Q line NOT getting R160s the W is

trainfan22

Something is off here. (W) trains getting R-160's? I think because the order for the 160's are behind is the only reason the (W) gets them. If it works though, we can probably see 160's on the (Q) and possibly (R). Also, has anybody seen the recent R-143's on the (F)? Is their a possibility the (F) mught get new car too?

Something is off here. (W) trains getting R-160's? I think because the order for the 160's are behind is the only reason the (W) gets them. If it works though, we can probably see 160's on the (Q) and possibly (R). Also, has anybody seen the recent R-143's on the (F)? Is their a possibility the (F) mught get new car too?

143's on the (F)? When? I know they used to use the Culver Express Track for testing new equipment, like the Sea Beach Express track(s) are used...

there are testing the R143s with the dead motors CI is trying to fix the motors on the R143s so guessing they are testing the r143s motors on the culver express track there are like three sets of R143s at CI.

IF the (N) line has R160s, the (W) will get a few sets now and then, as with the R68 (W) that appeared from time to time before the R160s were here. I don't think the entire (W) line will be R160 and they will go on the (Q) though, but I don't know where you got your information.

IF the (N) line has R160s, the (W) will get a few sets now and then, as with the R68 (W) that appeared from time to time before the R160s were here. I don't think the entire (W) line will be R160 and they will go on the (Q) though, but I don't know where you got your information.

Perhaps he got it from Subchat, beacuse I posted it on Subchat they are qualifying (W)iskey Crews on the R160's..

Have they started running the R160's on the (J) yet, as well? Or are they just running on the part-time (Z) in addition to the (N)?
Nope the thing that is holding the R160s back from running on the (J) they have to install the CCTV which is them moniters at the front of the platfrom like on what they have on the (L) line. They should start putting them on the (M) line since they cant run on the (J) line yet.

Nope the thing that is holding the R160s back from running on the (J) they have to install the CCTV which is them moniters at the front of the platfrom like on what they have on the (L) line. They should start putting them on the (M) line since they cant run on the (J) line yet.

Oh, okay. Thanks for the update.

The (J) Line is not getting those T/O CCTV right now, there only for OPTO service and as of now theres no plan to run OPTO on the (J) next pick. There CCTV they need to install are for the C/R at the station that need them. Once there in the R160's will run 24/7. One thing they better move fast. After that 12-9 on Sunday 3 trains of R42's went down and had to be pulled OOS. One that I had on my first trip went back out and started going BIE, The first time the poor T/O had to walk around the train in the Bitter cold just to find nothing. Then it happen while the train was standing still at Myrtle Ave with a TSS on board, Train was pulled. second one went out with Door problems that could not be fixed. Then my last trip my train at Cleveland st the whole train would not respond to full power from the controller. I called it in after leaving BWJ just in case it did not happen again, well it did kept happening. I was pulled out at Myrtle Ave on 2 track and changed ends in the station and was sent to the yard. ENY is not keeping up with the R42's anymore.

Archived