Q line NOT getting R160s the W is

trainfan22

Hey Man, I feel ya too. Spending most of my life between Staten Island & Brighton Beach, I grew up with the 68/68A's on the (D)(Q)(Q6). I feel you 100% on that. I really don't want to see 160s on the (Q)..

Dont worry you wont for a minute if they do what they say they are going to do..

Put them on the (W)iskey so Ditmars can be a full-time R160 terminal..

Its very hard to get use to those trains which is why train operators don't like the 68s. If you notice T/Os that operate the 68s when stopping in a station must apply brake, release, apply, release until they hit the 10 car. With all of the other trains in our system none of them have delays in the braking.

This depends on the driver not the train. There is an art in stopping trains, if you brake too early then you'll have to release and reapply the brakes.

And face it, the 68s are the slowest trains in the system. Ride the Q going over the bridge. The T/O is full power, yet the train is going 15MPH, 20MPH if your damn lucky up that bridge when another train can EASILY do 25MPH with no struggle. 68s in a straight line are slow as shit.

From reading this it is SO obvious that you've never taken a train under the 60th Street tunnel before.

Look at the 32s. They have been around longer then any other train in the system and they are fast and have the best braking of all trains we got.

LOL

This depends on the driver not the train. There is an art in stopping trains, if you brake too early then you'll have to release and reapply the brakes.

YES THAT IS TRUE BUT THE POINT IS ITS SO HARD FOR THE T/OS TO GET USE TO THOSE TRAINS THAT THEY HAVE A HARD TIME LEARNING HOW TO STOP THE TRAIN AND MUST APPLY BRAKE IN AN APPLICATION AND RELEASE MATTER.

From reading this it is SO obvious that you've never taken a train under the 60th Street tunnel before.

The 60th ST Tunnel is DOWN HILL. ANY TRAIN GOING DOWN A HILL IS GOING TO GO FAST. GOING DOWN HILLS DON'T COUNT. WHEN CARS GO TO THE DRAG STRIP AND RACE FOR THE 1/4 MILE ARE THEY GOING DOWN A HILL? NO!!!!! YOU JUDGE HOW FAST SOMETHING GOES BY THE LAUNCH AND HOW FAST IT GOES IN A STRAIGHT LINE. RETARD!!!!!!!

LOL

YOU THINK 32S DON'T HAVE THE BEST BRAKING? PLEASE TELL ME WHICH TRAIN IN YOUR OPINION HAS THE BEST BRAKING. HAVE YOU EVEN OPERATED A TRAIN BEFORE? I BET YOU HAVEN'T.

YES THAT IS TRUE BUT THE POINT IS ITS SO HARD FOR THE T/OS TO GET USE TO THOSE TRAINS THAT THEY HAVE A HARD TIME LEARNING HOW TO STOP THE TRAIN AND MUST APPLY BRAKE IN AN APPLICATION AND RELEASE MATTER.

How would you know how hard it is to drive a train? How old are you, like, 15?

The 60th ST Tunnel is DOWN HILL. ANY TRAIN GOING DOWN A HILL IS GOING TO GO FAST. GOING DOWN HILLS DON'T COUNT. WHEN CARS GO TO THE DRAG STRIP AND RACE FOR THE 1/4 MILE ARE THEY GOING DOWN A HILL? NO!!!!! YOU JUDGE HOW FAST SOMETHING GOES BY THE LAUNCH AND HOW FAST IT GOES IN A STRAIGHT LINE. RETARD!!!!!!!

You still don't realize that all trains can reach the same operating speeds in the NYC Subway. You still haven't realized that there are changes in suspension between trains and that is why you think they are so slow.

YOU THINK 32S DON'T HAVE THE BEST BRAKING? PLEASE TELL ME WHICH TRAIN IN YOUR OPINION HAS THE BEST BRAKING. HAVE YOU EVEN OPERATED A TRAIN BEFORE? I BET YOU HAVEN'T.

The R32's brakes kill old men. I'm pretty sure that's good braking right there. I think the NT trains have the best braking, and no don't say that they always make this harsh sound when they're braking because there is a difference between using the brakes on an older train than the newer ones. You have to know exactly when to stop and how hard.

And you can't operate a train either, you're too young. You're not even listening to some other train operators on this forum.

Look. I don't want to start a flame war here, even though we're in one already. You already got banned. I'm sorry you got so hyped up about this. But CALM DOWN!

LOL

i'll have to agree on the last statement, the R32 brakes are very excellent

trust me the R32 brakes...they are better than any other train in the subway.

whenever the R32 is stopping, you better be sitting down or holding those pole things, or else have fun falling and possibly breaking your head open! ;)

I should've seen this coming. His ignorance got to him.

2nd message board he got dumped from in the matter of a months time......

Oh well, enough about Phil. R160s pwns yo.

only the R160 siemens is cool, the regular 160's are the usual new tech junk ;):D :D

From his posts I thought he was the first ever 15 year old train operator.
Uh, My brother is an ex Train Operator, Now Train Dispatcher. And I have operated before. I have my strong opinions against Japped stuff because I'm a car guy, and The Japanese when it comes to cars, uh, I'm not even going to go there. I get alot of my info from my brother. He holds Auto Mechanic Certification, and has a licence to fix airplanes and was in the United States Air Force. I think he knows what hes talking about when it comes to Cars, Trains, and Planes. Most of all, the QUALITY of parts, which Japan can't seem to master.

CIY Overhall shop last time I was there it was a mix of every thing Seen a Few R32 / R 40 SLaints , R 68A, R143, and R 160's. Over 207 YD is mostly R 142 BOMBarder cars.

I hate the R 68A from KAW but I heard CIY messed those trains up by playing around with them after the Warrenty is up and they doing the same thing with the R 142A and R143. The way I see it Kawaski makes a good train but its when NYCT comes in and makes modifications that mess up the train.

CIY Overhall shop last time I was there it was a mix of every thing Seen a Few R32 / R 40 SLaints , R 68A, R143, and R 160's. Over 207 YD is mostly R 142 BOMBarder cars.

I hate the R 68A from KAW but I heard CIY messed those trains up by playing around with them after the Warrenty is up and they doing the same thing with the R 142A and R143. The way I see it Kawaski makes a good train but its when NYCT comes in and makes modifications that mess up the train.

THANK YOU!

Something I always thought of and never said it to many people. And I keep forgetting to mention that point.

And also with the way the agency wants the manufacture to do certain things. After a while, trains or whatever start to mess up and the cause is due to one of the specifications the agency wanted, its gonna bite them in the @$$ and not the manufacturer.

Perfect example is NJT, they are known to over customize and then causes trouble later for them, but thats leans more onto the field of buses (Nova and MTS anyone?) than trains. But because of their order of MLs, the design of NJT's is now the default Bombardier will be doing for any order of MLs for anyone.

Archived