02-05-10 New Haven Line: Milford, Stratford and Bridgeport

Fred G

Hi, check out some pics from yesterday afternoon's fanning from Milford to Bridgeport.

05+MN+MU+at+f1-2.jpg

07+BL20GH+115+at+Milford.jpg

BL20GH 115 pushing the Waterbury train to New Haven for a nap. A ConnDOT SLE train will make the afternoon run to Waterbury and back to Bridgeport, where it will continue to Stamford to become the eastbound express.

15+MN+train+arriving+at+Stratford.jpg

Cold day at Stratford

21+BL20GH+115+at+Stratford.jpg

Looking relaxed and back from his nap.

25+SLE+GP40+6699+at+Stratford.jpg

Here's the SLE train coming back from Waterbury. Lucky catch to get 6699 on the head.

28+Reverse+railing+MN+train+at+Stratford.jpg

Around 3 pm they started reverse railing the locals at Stratford. More particularly they flipped tracks 4 and 3 and I dunno why.

37+MN+MU+train+arriving+reverse+rail+at+Bridgeport.jpg

More wrong railing at da Port.

41+MN+train+arriving+at+Bridgeport.jpg

Bus terminal shot of MN train arriving at Bridgeport.

42+SLE+GP40+6699+pushing+MN+train+to+New+Haven.jpg

Last shot of the MN express.

Full Album with more pics here

Thanks for looking!

Those pictures are so beautiful, and I'm glad to see that my home station finally got a shout-out. I especially like the Bridgeport shot taken from the bus depot.

Interestingly, I've never noticed both the yellow cover over the coupler and what seems like colored flags on the ends of the pantographs. I can understand why the cover would be put in place in the winter, but does anyone have any information on the pants? Have those always been there?

Keep up the great work, Fred! :tup::tup:

Those pictures are so beautiful, and I'm glad to see that my home station finally got a shout-out. I especially like the Bridgeport shot taken from the bus depot.

Interestingly, I've never noticed both the yellow cover over the coupler and what seems like colored flags on the ends of the pantographs. I can understand why the cover would be put in place in the winter, but does anyone have any information on the pants? Have those always been there?

Keep up the great work, Fred! :tup::tup:

I posted a question about the tags at RR. net. I don't have an answer yet but I did find that blue is the south side and yellow is the north.

Thanks for the compliment and I enjoy fanning in Bridgeport, around the station and elsewhere along that nice elevated section through town.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived