Let's Get Vintage(SubwayStyle)

KNIGHTRIDER3:16

I found this one a few years ago. i cant remember from where but if anyone knows who took it, please let me know so they can be credited.

credit found:

Martha Cooper - NY Times.

http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/12/showcase-5/

thanks Julio!

now as a kid, i grew up a few blocks south of here and had the veiw of the (6) growing up(elder ave to my right and the portal south of whitlock to my left), and i acutally remember the "duster lizzie" car! and a few others that caught my eye growing up!

:UPDATE Martha Cooper - NY Times.

asdlabs-subway-art-1.jpg

Nice thread to start KR!!!!! :tup::cool:

Yet those are the only ones I saw in your post and in the two below yours further proving my point. I'm all for a thread with vintage trains but this just seems to be more of a "post photos of vintage trains from nycsubway.org" rather posting vintage train photos. I don't care for it but I'm just stating my observations.
I agree, if anything it should be pics the person him/herself took. Otherwise this is just a generic thread.

No disrespect to you KR, but I thought those were your shots till I saw the tag at the end.

I found this one a few years ago. i cant remember from where but if anyone knows who took it, please let me know so they can be credited.

credit found:

Martha Cooper - NY Times.

thanks Julio!

now as a kid, i grew up a few blocks south of here and had the veiw of the (6) growing up(elder ave to my right and the portal south of whitlock to my left), and i acutally remember the "duster lizzie" car! and a few others that caught my eye growing up!

:UPDATE Martha Cooper - NY Times.

asdlabs-subway-art-1.jpg

Nice thread to start KR!!!!! :tup::cool:

Did you live at 1000 Freeman Street?

Yes We Understand but you don't have to be a Smartass about it, If Knightrider wants to post vintage subway stuff, He has that right, This is not your site this is harry site, so Just do your Modding and stay out of peoples busniess.

I agree with you 100percent

Im not the Moron okay dude, Im just proving a point, And If you have a problem with that then that's on you.

all y2j had to do was post a pic but he wanted to be a friggin' sup't on here instead of a mod

And that is very funny.

it was funny

When did I call you a moron? Oxymoron: ox·y·mo·ron (ŏk'sē-môr'ŏn', -mōr'-)

n. pl. ox·y·mo·ra (-môr'ə, -mōr'ə) or ox·y·mo·rons

A rhetorical figure in which incongruous or contradictory terms are combined, as in a deafening silence and a mournful optimist.

why don't you just get to the point on this

What are ya, his spokesman?

what are you his biotch or second in command ...now that's funny

Okay maybe I took it the wrong way, But sometimes some People overreact, This Thread is starting to get on my nerves I am going to be the smart one and leave this thread alone.

No dude you are right on this ,You meant well and Owned over there wanted to play modern warfare 2 on my thread all he had to do was put up A vintage pic or pis(Plural) not Singular ...

I agree, if anything it should be pics the person him/herself took. Otherwise this is just a generic thread.

No disrespect to you KR, but I thought those were your shots till I saw the tag at the end.

You know me by know ,You and who ever else won't (D)isrespect me so that ain't it GC all the sup't of the state had to do with his little puppy ind was post A damn pic but they wanna run the yard but they don't realize that this yard is for everybody not them .

And I love the pics of those other vintage trains .:tup:(G)reat job peeps

LRG :tup: <R>32:tup: (F)ar <R>ock:tup: Pablo:tup: (K)<R> will be on standby for any other questions if any.

I agree with you 100percent

all y2j had to do was post a pic but he wanted to be a friggin' sup't on here instead of a mod

it was funny

why don't you just get to the point on this

what are you his biotch or second in command ...now that's funny

No dude you are right on this ,You meant well and Owned over there wanted to play modern warfare 2 on my thread all he had to do was put up A vintage pic or pis(Plural) not Singular ...

You know me by know ,You and who ever else won't (D)isrespect me so that ain't it GC all the sup't of the state had to do with his little puppy ind was post A damn pic but they wanna run the yard but they don't realize that this yard is for everybody not them .

And I love the pics of those other vintage trains .:tup:(G)reat job peeps

LRG :tup: <R>32:tup: (F)ar <R>ock:tup: Pablo:tup: (K)<R> will be on standby for any other questions if any.

Just keep doing your thing, Mr. KR.

Don't you just love it when the lapdogs come in and screw everything up for us? :(

i think the point that KR wants to have with this thread is to have fun. alot of us here may not have been old enough to have taken pics back then. The rest of us may have not been old enough. Not to mention ALL pics back then werent as easy to hold on to as nowadays with digital storage in play. i feel the point is to post pics of trains during times that may have either brought up memories(for those of us older that 25) or times one might wish they couldve experienced(younger than 25). Why is it that every thread has to spark some kind of flame beef??

Not accusing anyone of anything, but some people aren't on the same page on stuff and things gets hostile over differing opinions.

I understand what Julio means by it should be stuff the OP took. But otoh, if this is turned into just a generic thread, then I have no problems with it. But basicaly there's no need to link to nearly every pic on NYC subway.org.

Thank you (V)intage pics I don't care where you get em as I said before just make sure the credit goes to the photographer or the sight ,You could be 11 or 67 years old to like old train cars so I mean well don't start nothing won't be nothing just post the pic ,you dont got it then keep it moving.

Here is one of my favorite pics at nycsubway.org. It was taken by Doug Grotjahn at Parkside Avenue on March 11, 1971:

img_4913.jpg

I like how that 70(D) is leaning.

Getting back on topic, love that shot. Proves that no one was ashamed of looking out the RFW back then, even businessmen:p

Archived