Let's Get Vintage(SubwayStyle)

KNIGHTRIDER3:16

I found this one a few years ago. i cant remember from where but if anyone knows who took it, please let me know so they can be credited.

credit found:

Martha Cooper - NY Times.

http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/12/showcase-5/

thanks Julio!

now as a kid, i grew up a few blocks south of here and had the veiw of the (6) growing up(elder ave to my right and the portal south of whitlock to my left), and i acutally remember the "duster lizzie" car! and a few others that caught my eye growing up!

:UPDATE Martha Cooper - NY Times.

http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/12/showcase-5/

asdlabs-subway-art-1.jpg

Nice thread to start KR!!!!! :tup::cool:

Dude check out the book"subway art" It has this pic in there and I think the photographer as well.

Dude check out the book"subway art" It has this pic in there and I think the photographer as well.

i havent seen that book since High School! (mid 90s)

ive been trying to find a copy cause there was one specific car on the Pelham that IMO, had the greatest "Subway Art" ever! it took up the entire side of the car, mural like. it was a tropical lagoon at sunset. In my old hood in the bronx, theres was a "legend" of when the artist was "painting" it and what happened while he was almost finished.

FreshPond, LOVE the r27/30 pics with the graff before they were GOH-ed to redbird-like. memories........

MOD trip, what some people did there (not pointing finger at you Phil) help to get those trips canned.

What happened? I heard about the March of Dimes being canceled but I never found out as to why.

What happened? I heard about the March of Dimes being canceled but I never found out as to why.

There were many reasons ranging from people acting like animals on the trains (yelling, shouting, and cussing out the windows), trespassing, and other things that I won't go into.

There were many reasons ranging from people acting like animals on the trains (yelling, shouting, and cussing out the windows), trespassing, and other things that I won't go into.

Real pathetic. At least no one pulled the brakes, I'll say that much.

That has had no effect on the trips, people yelling out the windows at customers and trespassing have.

I just hope future trips won't be put at risk because of this. I enjoyed the Arnines last year and I hope they can serve for many years to come. The next generation of railfans will have a great time with the 80-year-old equipment...the look, the sound, even the smell.

They wonThe next generation of railfans will have a great time with the 80-year-old equipment...the look, the sound, even the smell.

They won't be around too long if people don't help take care of them. Especially those in museums like Seashore and Shore Line among others.

Archived