Let's Get Vintage(SubwayStyle)

KNIGHTRIDER3:16

By putting something out of the window, which is a sure way to get hurt or kicked off the train.

No, becuz it was allowed and there was no signal. And no i didnt get kicked out becuz lots were doing it.. Read above!

I know my safety! I checked before doing anything..

By putting something out of the window, which is a sure way to get hurt or kicked off the train.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was assuming.

I was on an R17(i think) and they allowed us to open the window, so i took my camera out and took a shot.

R12/15/17 allows the windows to go down compared to the others.

I know full well that there are drop-sash windows on those trains. Famous last words: "there's no signal coming for another...SPLAT!"

No, becuz it was allowed and there was no signal. And no i didnt get kicked out becuz lots were doing it.. Read above!

I know my safety! I checked before doing anything..

If everyone jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge, would that make the act of jumping off the Brooklyn Bridge any less unsafe?

By sticking anything out of the window on a moving train, you clearly showed your disregard for safety.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was assuming.

By sticking anything out of the window on a moving train, you clearly showed your disregard for safety.

No and i did not stick my head out anyways.. Only small peak.

But yes i understand your statement on safety.

Sticking your head, arm, or even camera out side of the train is a stupid idea. Several C/Rs have been killed over the years while observing the platform and they are trained to do it. All it take is for you to miss judge something and your dead. Weather or not you were "allowed" to do that, it's still very stupid. I know for certain that they would not allow people to stick their appendages out the window, just because they let you open the window did not mean it was open season to do something stupid. Next time think twice about what you do and what you post. Safety is not a joke. If someone gets seriously hurt on one of these trips, they will never happen again.

MOD trip, what some people did there (not pointing finger at you Phil) help to get those trips canned.

I still don't understand what was about that trip that got the trips canned. I stayed well behind the bumper and used my 10x zoom lens to get the pic. But I think some people ventured in a bit deep into the tunnel. I stayed as far as the road bed and near the station.

NM: read above posts. I guess I must've been away from 'those people' cuz it was 'calm' in my section of the train towards the middle. I gave up trying to wait at the front of the train because of the rf window hogs.

I still don't understand what was about that trip that got the trips canned. I stayed well behind the bumper and used my 10x zoom lens to get the pic. But I think some people ventured in a bit deep into the tunnel. I stayed as far as the road bed and near the station.

NM: read above posts. I guess I must've been away from 'those people' cuz it was 'calm' in my section of the train towards the middle. I gave up trying to wait at the front of the train because of the rf window hogs.

There are other details too, but they are best kept within the circle.

Archived