Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Super Bowl 44(Colts vs Saints) Feb 2010, Miami Fla, Thread

Shortline Bus

Feel free guys to talk about the 'big game' for the NFL "world title" between the Peyton Manning Colts aka the Indy Colts vs. the NO Saints.

I am unsure who to pick but it comes down to this. If Manning has a good game or better the Colts win. Any comments?:P

Well I don't follow sports much, but I'll put something down for the Colts.

That ok almost everyone in the US and several countries worldwide do watch this game so maybe watching the commericals and the Who at halftimeshould be fun.

I think it is going to be an exciting game with lots of aerial fireworks and the team with the ball last will win. Something tells me that will be the Colts 44-41 both quaterbacks over 400 yards passing .

I think it is going to be an exciting game with lots of aerial fireworks and the team with the ball last will win. Something tells me that will be the Colts 44-41 both quaterbacks over 400 yards passing .

This on paper maybe the most even match super bowl in years since probably imo the Rams-Titans in super bowl 34.(jan 2000)

I think and agree this could be a 'showtime' offensive game and be a combined score of 70-80 points that could break super bowl record for most combined points in a game just like last years Steelers-Cards game.

Yes because both teams in ,my opinion have very weak secondaries and going against Peyton Manning and Drew Brees equal lots of offense.

The offense on both teams may be so explosive in this game that it may look like a touch football game.

I'm rooting for the Saints because 1. they never been or won a Super Bowl, and 2. the Colts just won it 3 years ago.

Not to mention the Saints are like the Cubs of the NFL, with crappy teams most of their history and yet mostly loyal fans since i think they joined the league in 1968 season. It would also be a nice closure to the hell of era that city and region has in last 5 years since Katrina.

Guest Charles

WHO DAT?

I pick the Saints, if they do win it'll cap the remarkable turnaround of the city when Drew Brees arrived after Hurricane Katrina.

WHO DAT?

I pick the Saints, if they do win it'll cap the remarkable turnaround of the city when Drew Brees arrived after Hurricane Katrina.

Yup. To show how insane loyal people of New orelans and also La. and Missispi as well, i think last Sunday or Monday (around 2/1/10) i read 'there was a ticker tape' parade on Borborn Street for first time ever for team making the super bowl. I heard of pep rallies or something similar before a super bowl or championship games but a parade wow even before the team won the NFL title wow:eek:.

And for the bookies/gamblers in Vegas and elsewhere. This is not an upset the Saints won they were 14-2 and were only 1 game back of the Colts for regular season champs.

An upset is the Giants beating the Pats, Pats over the Rams or Jets over the Colts.

I wasn't rooting for either team... watched the game in bits & pieces.... these past few superbowls haven't been too exciting... I would've liked to have seen a shootout, but that aint happen... sooo....

anyway, the highlights of the game from what I saw, were the saints recovering that onside kick, and that pick-6 off manning that ultimately sealed the deal for them.... anything else happened of any excitement that I missed?

btw... as far as an upset... anyone that considers the saints beating the colts in this superbowl a upset, full knowing how both teams played throughout the season, are fools... no other way to put it....

lol... how can he?

his touchdown catch, compared to what brees, bush, colston, etc.... did throughout the season, would be the equivalent of a cat like.... mark madsen, hitting a free throw in any one of those playoff games during the Lakers championship run(s)....

I don't wanna say he's (shockey) washed up, but he hasn't been relevant since he left NY.

Archived