A Rare G.O.

Iamthe1

has anyone else ever seen the (4) or (6) trains terminate at the 59th street station upper level like a couple weeks (or months maybe-its been a long time i forgot) ago when lexington avenue line service was shut down?

That was most likely an emergency G.O. I've never seen service interrupted like that on the weekends.

I dont get whats so rare of this g/o?

Neither do I

its rare cause not many have ever experienced it IMO. I use to go to Art and Design HS near there. The only time ive seen trains terminate there is during an emergency service disruption and trains are unable to reach the switches at 42nd for a relay there. and in my 4 years going there, ive seen that happen less than 5 times. rare.

its rare cause not many have ever experienced it IMO. I use to go to Art and Design HS near there. The only time ive seen trains terminate there is during an emergency service disruption and trains are unable to reach the switches at 42nd for a relay there. and in my 4 years going there, ive seen that happen less than 5 times. rare.

well in my opinion it aint. If it were a (4) running on the (2) line from Nevis to 3rd avenue/149th and relay at jackson wpr m track and back on the (5) line to Lex then it would be rare.

Of course at 59th st [there is no juction for the (4)(5) to switch so it ill have to use 86 or 42nd st.

1. its rare cause it never happens regularly

2. there is a layup track north of 59th street on the upper level

3. the reason why i saw it was because trains were backup up on the express and local tracks because somekid got hit by a train 110th street (and was killed), service was suspended so they had a couple of the uptown trains on the (4),(5),and (6) terminate there and go back out to brooklyn or brooklyn bridge. it was horrific on the evening rush hour and service was shut down, passengers were advised to take the m101,102,and103 buses for lexingon avenue in manhattan and the (2) train for the bronx. trains from the bronx terminated at 125th street...the (6) train was totally unnessary, they could have had just the (4) run local

I thought this thread needed a little dance

Lmao that's my job (hence the signature :()

NOW DANCE MY MINIONS!!!

:lock::lock::lock::lock:

...now back to the topic at hand. (4) & (5) terminating at 59 is rare. Personally I never seen it myself but I heard of it happening before.

1. its rare cause it never happens regularly

2. there is a layup track north of 59th street on the upper level

3. the reason why i saw it was because trains were backup up on the express and local tracks because somekid got hit by a train 110th street (and was killed), service was suspended so they had a couple of the uptown trains on the (4),(5),and (6) terminate there and go back out to brooklyn or brooklyn bridge. it was horrific on the evening rush hour and service was shut down, passengers were advised to take the m101,102,and103 buses for lexingon avenue in manhattan and the (2) train for the bronx. trains from the bronx terminated at 125th street...the (6) train was totally unnessary, they could have had just the (4) run local

Nothing could run local because power was cut off on ALL tracks in that area at that time.Therefore trains were turned on the relay track at 59th St. upper level and sent back south from there

Archived