Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alialdagreat

exam #2801 & exam #8006

What's up everybody? I put in for mabstoa exam #2801 in aug 2007 I got a letter saying they receive the $40.00 & I'm going to be in the pool. But I see they got exam #8006 just wanted 2 know if I apply for exam #8006 would they erase me off mabstoa list?

If mabstoa calls me in what do I have to study if there any material can some one give me some advice?

What's up everybody? I put in for mabstoa exam #2801 in aug 2007 I got a letter saying they receive the $40.00 & I'm going to be in the pool. But I see they got exam #8006 just wanted 2 know if I apply for exam #8006 would they erase me off mabstoa list?

If mabstoa calls me in what do I have to study if there any material can some one give me some advice?

No they do not take you off the OA list. Exam #8006 is for TA, which goes through DCAS (Department of Citywide Administrative Services). MaBSTOA is kind of "private". It's all the same though, and anyone hired after Dec 2002, no matter whether OA or TA, you are in both divisions. That's when hired, though.

There is nothing to study for OA, as you do not take a Civil Service exam. You only take the BOSS (which is a psychological survey, not an exam). You still have to pass it though.

Did you get a list # with your confirmation letter? If not then after they put all the names for OA in the CPU, you will get a random list #. What sucks about that is you can end up anywhere on that list.

Last print this and study it: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12198&postcount=4

Thank you very much so I'm going to put in for exam #8006 so whoever calls 1st thats who I'm going to thanks again

Don't forget, you will be able to transfer between MaBSTOA, 126st, and Brooklyn Depots, during the General Pick.

No they do not take you off the OA list. Exam #8006 is for TA, which goes through DCAS (Department of Citywide Administrative Services). MaBSTOA is kind of "private". It's all the same though, and anyone hired after Dec 2002, no matter whether OA or TA, you are in both divisions. That's when hired, though.

There is nothing to study for OA, as you do not take a Civil Service exam. You only take the BOSS (which is a psychological survey, not an exam). You still have to pass it though.

Did you get a list # with your confirmation letter? If not then after they put all the names for OA in the CPU, you will get a random list #. What sucks about that is you can end up anywhere on that list.

Last print this and study it: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12198&postcount=4

Hello guys.........

I too put in for OA ex 2801 but i just got a letter from MTA New York City Transit with a list #1662:eek:.

However I'm a little confuse about what to study for. The letter states that I need to bring pen, several #2 pencils and eraser. The test will be @ 180 livingston street on 2/20/08. at this point I'm thinking it must be a multiple choice test.

On the other hand I printed out the Air break inspection study guide.

Any help is appreciated

i just got my random number today 3162 now i have to wait until they call me cause only god knows what number they up too

that is the boos. also make sure you have your cdl permit w/ passenger& airbrake endorsements.it's not a bad idea to have a 19a medical or better yet a d.o.t medical card......................good luck(NYCT)

i just got my random number today 3162 now i have to wait until they call me cause only god knows what number they up too

It took me 3.6 years before I was hired. Now they need driver like crazy. Since the new pick, two new classes have been to Kingsbridge. If we get the 20/50, I wouldn't put it pass you being in here in less than 6 months. You don't know how many B/Os would fly out that door.

It took me 3.6 years before I was hired. Now they need driver like crazy. Since the new pick, two new classes have been to Kingsbridge. If we get the 20/50, I wouldn't put it pass you being in here in less than 6 months. You don't know how many B/Os would fly out that door.

You will never see a 20/50...................i think you might see a 25/50 though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.