NJT & Metro-North Hoboken Division

Myke2010

Okay since i was snowed in this weekend i took advantage to take some photos of my NJT Hoboken division.

DSC01148.jpg

Here is a view of the Hoboken Bus Terminal. Buses run pretty frenquently connecting with NJT & Metro-North Commuter trains..

DSC00814.jpg

Here is a meet between a NJT & a Megabus. The location is somewhere in New York not to far from the Lincoln Tunnel. This is the wrong place to be during rush with bumper to bumper traffic. If you drive it's best you have EZ Pass so you can ease right on thru..

DSC01131.jpg

Here are some of the Comet cars laying over in Hoboken yard...

DSC01085.jpg

Here are a close up of some of the NJT Engines.

DSC01087.jpg

Here is a switcher in the yard moving some of the passenger cars around, getting ready for the Monday morning rush hour....

DSC01134.jpg

ALP44 # 4405 rest up on this Sunday afternoon...

DSC01146.jpg

Here is a MARC AEM-7 that was on loan to NJT... As you can see the Metro-North RDC's in the background.. The AEM-7 mostly operated on the Northeast Corridor, however towards it's final days on NJT it was assigned to the Morristown line.

DSC01075.jpg

Metro-North GP38 # 105 in action pushing some RDC onto the storage tracks. Work train 105 was sent down since NJT operates west of Hudson service for Metro-North under contract.

DSC00785.jpg

Here is a pic under the old New York Central Bridge which host CP Rail freight trains. This pic is taken from a truck stop.

DSC00800.jpg

Here is a pic of NJT and a Greyhound bus passing one another. To the very left is the Conrail line. You can see some of the Conrail freight passing by.

Here is a link for a few other pictures...

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd57/Retarded_Myke/New%20Jersey%20Transit%20Ho%20Scale/

Wow, thats an awesome collection.

I like how one of the NJT Flxible Metro-D models have "1 PENN STATION". I used to have one of those and then the one that said "29 WEST CADWELL".

Whats funny is that I've seen a Metro-D on the #1 line once about 10 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice collection! What model train company makes those?

The comet cars are by Walthers (Who knows if they will ever make more)

If you are talking about the Metro-North RDC units are from Athearn. A friend of mines hand painted them for me and just added on the decals...

3 of NJT the passenger cars are from International Hobbies which i'm told is no longer in business.

The Electric engines are by Atlas

The F40's are by Walthers (The NJT & the Metro-North)

The one F40 is by Like Like which is just gray with no title.. (i think i may keep it like that too)

The road switcher which is unpainted is also by Athrean (i think i'll keep that unpainted as well so that i can rotate between Metro-North, Amtrak & NJT)

The comet cars are by Walthers (Who knows if they will ever make more)

If you are talking about the Metro-North RDC units are from Athearn. A friend of mines hand painted them for me and just added on the decals...

3 of NJT the passenger cars are from International Hobbies which i'm told is no longer in business.

The Electric engines are by Atlas

The F40's are by Walthers (The NJT & the Metro-North)

The one F40 is by Like Like which is just gray with no title.. (i think i may keep it like that too)

The road switcher which is unpainted is also by Athrean (i think i'll keep that unpainted as well so that i can rotate between Metro-North, Amtrak & NJT)

Thanks Myke:) and again cool sets:tup::tup:

Thanks Myke:) and again cool sets:tup::tup:

Thanks buddy... :)

When i get some free time i will another shoot, it's becoming addictive..lol

i need more station, different platforms and more cars.

I'll do some looking aroundo on eBay go to work. I wish they made more modern passenger stations like along the NEC or Metro-North. I need to figure out a way to make fake 3rd rail also..

Sorry to bother you again Myke, but one more question. I saw on your photobucket that you have hhp-8s. where did you get those?

Ebay, dirt cheap might i add... :o

With eBay you just have to be patient, it's more a matter of timing more than anything. Normally when i have my mind set on something i patiently stalk my prey until i get what i want...lol

This year i will focus more so on structures. I want warehouses & office buildings. I have a beat up backshop that i did not take care of, that i may throw up real quick. I'm not sure if i want to go with Metro-North or NJT when i do it however.

I will take more pics of the HHP's for you when i get some free time early next month. i wish i could have a spot i could leave my train stuff up, but my kitten is in his terrible two's stage & attacks everything train related.... :mad:

Ebay, dirt cheap might i add... :o

With eBay you just have to be patient, it's more a matter of timing more than anything. Normally when i have my mind set on something i patiently stalk my prey until i get what i want...lol

This year i will focus more so on structures. I want warehouses & office buildings. I have a beat up backshop that i did not take care of, that i may throw up real quick. I'm not sure if i want to go with Metro-North or NJT when i do it however.

I will take more pics of the HHP's for you when i get some free time early next month. i wish i could have a spot i could leave my train stuff up, but my kitten is in his terrible two's stage & attacks everything train related.... :mad:

Thanks Myke:). Ill be looking forward to seeing those.

Archived