Major changes on the (A)/(C) lines happening soon

trainspot12

Okay so this information was given to me by 2 TSS Employees (in case people don't know its short for Train Service Supervisor or Superintendent) and some inspectors who were conducting the durability and structure assessment on the R44s (NO SPECULATION NOR RUMORS, all information is accurate). Same way as the Get Ready for a Big Bus Swap thread, I WILL NOT reveal the people's names nor any personal information of the people (in public) due to the fact that it violates somethings personally and professionally (employment wise).

The R44 assessment has been completed and they have decided to begin retiring the R44s beginning on the weekend of February 14th (although that date may change). Now this process will be a modest process as there are about 264 cars to retire. The process will be the same as the R40 Slants (1-2 R44 trainsets get retired each week and replaced with another R46 trainset(s)). This will continue until all R44 trains have been removed from service.

The R46 trainsets you see at 207th Street will NOT be staying at 207th Street, contrary to what some people are suggesting. They will be heading to Pitkin Yard to replace the R44 trainset.

Good news for people that like the R32/42 - At this time, the remaining R32/42 trainsets are going to be here a little bit longer due to the retirement of the R44s (preferably until the end of 2010 into 2011).

Now as for the C line. One of the TSS on the C line are saying that beginning next week, the C will become full length with using R44s as the main trainset with the A using R32/46 as their main trainsets with about 2-3 R44 trainsets to cover the runs. This part will be a wait and see thing to see if this actually happens 05:30 Tuesday 2/16 or a later date.

So look for more information as time goes by and please let's try and be civil in this thread. I don't want to have this thread destroyed by stupid comments and people giving out false information. Thank you.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gennaro Sansone, NYC Transit Chief Mechanical Officer, Department of Subways’ division of Car Equipment stated in October "R 32 cars are not going away until after 2010."

Its good the hear the MTA sticking to something for once. LOL

Trainspot12, thanks for the info you get and share. :tup::P

Kinda glad to see that the info got leaked. I had been sitting on it for a few weeks already. As for the R32/42s hanging around, I heard they maybe around for about 5 years since there is no money to replace the R44s at this time.

Okay so this information was given to me by 2 TSS Employees (in case people don't know its short for Train Service Supervisor or Superintendent) and some inspectors who were conducting the durability and structure assessment on the R44s (NO SPECULATION NOR RUMORS, all information is accurate). Same way as the Get Ready for a Big Bus Swap thread, I WILL NOT reveal the people's names nor any personal information of the people (in public) due to the fact that it violates somethings personally and professionally (employment wise).

The R44 assessment has been completed and they have decided to begin retiring the R44s beginning on the weekend of February 14th (although that date may change). Now this process will be a modest process as there are about 264 cars to retire. The process will be the same as the R40 Slants (1-2 R44 trainsets get retired each week and replaced with another R46 trainset(s)). This will continue until all R44 trains have been removed from service.

The R46 trainsets you see at 207th Street will NOT be staying at 207th Street, contrary to what some people are suggesting. They will be heading to Pitkin Yard to replace the R44 trainset.

Good news for people that like the R32/42 - At this time, the remaining R32/42 trainsets are going to be here a little bit longer due to the retirement of the R44s (preferably until the end of 2010 into 2011).

Now as for the C line. One of the TSS on the C line are saying that beginning next week, the C will become full length with using R44s as the main trainset with the A using R32/46 as their main trainsets with about 2-3 R44 trainsets to cover the runs. This part will be a wait and see thing to see if this actually happens 05:30 Tuesday 2/16 or a later date.

So look for more information as time goes by and please let's try and be civil in this thread. I don't want to have this thread destroyed by stupid comments and people giving out false information. Thank you.

I Already Knew this 2 weeks an Advance, Get Ready for this Big Change, Also Don't be suprised if you see alttile More R32's at Jamaica.

That's what 5896 Thread ment and yes those R46's at 207th will go to Pitkin yard.

I Already Knew this 2 weeks an Advance, Get Ready for this Big Change, Also Don't be suprised if you see alttile More R32's at Jamaica.

That's what 5896 Thread ment and yes those R46's at 207th will go to Pitkin yard.

The R44 stint on the (C) I was not aware of, however. Why do they want to put them on the (C) is something I don't understand.

HELL YEA 32s back on the A !!!

Thanks for the good news spot =]

What on earth are you talking about, the R32s have been on the (A) for a while.. Only like 1-3 sets a day

But it sad to see the R44 going anyways, i so need to get my ride on these cars and take pix/Vids1

As for the (C), thats good news, but darn the R32s were more of a (C) anyways!

Whats going to happen to the R44 SIRTOAs anyways?

What on earth are you talking about, the R32s have been on the (A) for a while.. Only like 1-3 sets a day

But it sad to see the R44 going anyways, i so need to get my ride on these cars and take pix/Vids1

The SIR R44s are not retiring as they are being SMSed until theyre scheduled retirement. Only the Main Line R44s are going.

I think he means that there maybe more R32s on the (A).

As for the SI R44s, unless the TA gets alot of money (which they won't) they will be around until new SI cars are ordered.

The SIR R44s are not retiring as they are being SMSed until theyre scheduled retirement. Only the Main Line R44s are going.

Well im guessing since the R44 on the MLs is getting replaced, now im curies if the "R179s" will hit the (A).. Of course the SIRs will get em.

Well im guessing since the R44 on the MLs is getting replaced, now im curies if the "R179s" will hit the (A).. Of course the SIRs will get em.

If anything, the R179s may be exclusive for Staten Island only.

The R179 is supposed to be a 60' foot car and it will go where ever they are needed. I did hear the new SI cars would come in under there own contract. At this point there it is not worth "guessing" because things can change hundreds of times between now and then.

The R179 is supposed to be a 60' foot car and it will go where ever they are needed. I did hear the new SI cars would come in under there own contract. At this point there it is not worth "guessing" because things can change hundreds of times between now and then.

True but we dont even know if its ill be 60 anyways.. Who knows if it goes 75ft

If anything, the R179s may be exclusive for Staten Island only.

Dount only that since the R46 needs a byebye soon.

Im also wondering what will replace the R44s on the (C) of course.. More R46 from JAM?

Archived