Major changes on the (A)/(C) lines happening soon

trainspot12

From a dispatching standpoint, the fewer 32's on the A on the better.

Sometimes at 207 station it is necessary to swap over a Lefferts to a Far Rock and vice versa. The "beauty" of R44/46 on the A is the flexibility in sign changing-------it isn't an issue. It was an issue with the R32/38/40/42, now with more R32's on the A it will become an issue again.

My bottom line is I'm not shedding any tears that the R44's are being retired, but I must admit I will miss their brake releasing sounds. I'll take the tradeoff however.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True but we dont even know if its ill be 60 anyways.. Who knows if it goes 75ft

Dount only that since the R46 needs a byebye soon.

Im also wondering what will replace the R44s on the (C) of course.. More R46 from JAM?

The R46s won't be going anywhere either for quite some time. In fact, I heard something about a plan to in cress there life in the system.

From a dispatching standpoint, the fewer 32's on the A on the better.

Sometimes at 207 station it is necessary to swap over a Lefferts to a Far Rock and vice versa. The "beauty" of R44/46 on the A is the flexibility in sign changing-------it isn't an issue. It was an issue with the R32/38/40/42, now with more R32's on the A it will become an issue again.

My bottom line is I'm not shedding any tears that the R44's are being retired, but I must admit I will miss their brake releasing sounds. I'll take the tradeoff however.

Not a fan of having the MC in you chest?

They are at ENY as in service sets and spares.

Ok.

Im curies also, on Why does the R44 has to go to the (C)? Why cant ut stay with the (A) and allow it to have direct access to 207th st for retirement instead of swapping it to the (C).. They can just remove the R32s on the (A) and make the (C) full length..

Oh well. we will need to see what happens next week.. Who knows if this is the exact plan, only a couple of TSS workers wont just make this true.. Until we see it.

They are at ENY as in service sets and spares.

Actually, those 14 R42s are at 207th Street still and have yet to enter service. Since East New York has the priority to run all R42s out of the yard during rush hours, there would be all but 2 cars in ENY at the time. If anything, I see a chance of those 14 R42s may enter service on the (A)/© next week.

Actually, those 14 R42s are at 207th Street still and have yet to enter service. Since East New York has the priority to run all R42s out of the yard during rush hours, there would be all but 2 cars in ENY at the time. If anything, I see a chance of those 14 R42s may enter service on the (A)/© next week.

Ah ok, I was thinking of the ones that were going to go to get reefed. There are too many moves to bother keeping track of anymore.

to me it makes sence. the C doesnt run 24/7 like the A.

That doesnt have anything to do with leavin the R44s on the (A). Besides late at night is when most sets are put into storage, so you can easily replace the R44 with another R46 before the next morning.

im starting to agree with you on that! LOL

Right now the only thing I know is that the R44s are going and the R32/42/46 are going to be around for a while now. Other then that, I could care less if the (C) gets R44s or what ever line gets what because it can always change.

I need to get my rides in on the 44s and say bye properly. My first fleet of a trains ever.

Your a fan of the R44 too?

Right now the only thing I know is that the R44s are going and the R32/42/46 are going to be around for a while now. Other then that, I could care less if the (C) gets R44s or what ever line gets what because it can always change.

+1! Now im also wondering if the R32s off JAM will be pushed out for the (A) and if they are going NTT, since the R46s are being pushed to 207/Piktin.

That doesnt have anything to do with leavin the R44s on the (A). Besides late at night is when most sets are put into storage, so you can easily replace the R44 with another R46 before the next morning.

it could if they would want to

1) give trains sets a once over at the end of the day.

2) not have to bother with easily replacing a 44 with a 46. The easier way is to not have to switch at all.

Its why years ago the replaced the <Q>'s 68s with slants so the slants have downtime in CI to have the door edge strips replaced.

True but we dont even know if its ill be 60 anyways.. Who knows if it goes 75ft

Dount only that since the R46 needs a byebye soon.

Im also wondering what will replace the R44s on the (C) of course.. More R46 from JAM?

Yes. The R44s are apparently being shifted over from the (A) and they will be repalced with R46s coming from Jamaica/207. Also, the (MTA)'s most recent Capital plan detailed the newest car order as 60 feet, so unless they change plans the R179s will likely be 60 feet (then again it's not like they even have the money for these cars).

Ok.

Im curies also, on Why does the R44 has to go to the (C)? Why cant ut stay with the (A) and allow it to have direct access to 207th st for retirement instead of swapping it to the (C).. They can just remove the R32s on the (A) and make the (C) full length..

Oh well. we will need to see what happens next week.. Who knows if this is the exact plan, only a couple of TSS workers wont just make this true.. Until we see it.

Well, both 207 and Pitkin are used for both the (A) and the (C). So even if they go on the (C) they have direct access to 207th.

the last timei saw something other than a 32 on the (C) was when they ran the 6-car 110B.

And the MTA stated that the 179s MAY be designed separatly for ML and SIR. and yes, i do have proof of this

What about the R38s on the (C)?

Archived