Major changes on the (A)/(C) lines happening soon

trainspot12

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The 32s are like cats they have nine lives.

seems like it. They were built well. An all stainless steel construction with the tech they had back then made these cars light. less overall wear and tear than heavier cars, faster acceleration, and a car that wont rust as quick as other fleets have. Gotta appreciate the 32s even if you dont like them. They are truely holding it down now in their golden years!

The 32s are like cats they have nine lives.

R32s are like Matt Hardy: they will NOT die!

And they are better then the R160s :o

All cars are!

seems like it. They were built well. An all stainless steel construction with the tech they had back then made these cars light. less overall wear and tear than heavier cars, faster acceleration, and a car that wont rust as quick as other fleets have. Gotta appreciate the 32s even if you dont like them. They are truely holding it down now in their golden years!

A little trivia: dou know what the two elements that makes the R32s rust-resistant?

A little trivia: dou know what the two elements that makes the R32s rust-resistant?

i beleive i may know one element:

isnt it the technique of shot weilding to prevent the integrity of the stainless steel to collapse preventing corosion?

I cant fully remember seeing how its something i was still learning about almost 20 years ago.

If you know you gotta remind me!

damn im geting old! LOL

i beleive i may know one element:

isnt it the technique of shot weilding to prevent the integrity of the stainless steel to collapse preventing corosion?

I cant fully remember seeing how its something i was still learning about almost 20 years ago.

If you know you gotta remind me!

damn im geting old! LOL

Lol, no worries. Nickel and chromium are the two elements that makes stainless steel rust-resistant.

Lol, no worries. Nickel and chromium are the two elements that makes stainless steel rust-resistant.

Elements as in actual properties and not construction methods. I gotta take my time reading things! Duh!

I wouldve got it wrong anyway. The periodic table was NOT one of my strong subjects in high school! LOL

Hear that everyone? Don't cut class like I use too!!!

Thanks lrg! :tup:

that has yet to be proven. 5 years vs 40 years. so only time will tell.

i hope in 15-20 years the 62s can claim the title of "holding it down" as the 32s are now.

Ture that, but im wonderin if they will last since they are carbon steel

R32s are like Matt Hardy: they will NOT die!

All cars are!

you sure?

Hell yeah!!! Good riddance to the R44 junk!!!!!! I will NOT miss them! R160s are now my second least favorite car...R44s take the cake. Bye-bye R44s!

Lol :o

Even the REDBIRDS and SLANTS are better then the 160s :cool:

Ture that, but im wonderin if they will last since they are carbon steel

you sure?

Lol :o

Even the REDBIRDS and SLANTS are better then the 160s :cool:

What are you trying to say, Slants suck?

now we ALL KNOW how LRG feels about his slants and your dislike for the 160s

LOL!!!

thats like someone telling me the Red Sox are better than the Yankees! fighting words! LMAO!

Meh, he sometimes pokes me about my redbird anyways and then i poke em back:p

Dont talk about my redbirds LOL

Well something would have to replace the R32s in the future. Unless they are sticking for a while like the R33 worlds fair cars.

That will most likely very be the case. The only catch is that the 32s are too big to be rider cars. They can be used for garbage duty but that's just one of the jobs I see them for.

That will most likely very be the case. The only catch is that the 32s are too big to be rider cars. They can be used for garbage duty but that's just one of the jobs I see them for.

They could be used for rider cars, but only on the B Div. Back in the 70's and into the 80's, they used Arnines for work service some had MBCs and others kept H2As. They would just have to put warnings all over saying that it's too big for A Div.

Ok, the 3 of us are kinda thread-jackin. lets get back to the topic. as a daily A rider from rockaway to manhattan, im going to keep a look out next week to see if and when these changes are going to start. Thank god my BB has a slammin cam on it!

Do what you gotta do, my fellow (A) rider!

BTW, I'm anti-R160...you posted something above about someone elses dislike for 'em, except I don't like them either.

They could be used for rider cars, but only on the B Div. Back in the 70's and into the 80's, they used Arnines for work service some had MBCs and others kept H2As. They would just have to put warnings all over saying that it's too big for A Div.

I see then, but with using A Division cars as rider cars, doesn't that allow for greater flexibility throughout the system, whereas using B division equipment is isolated to B division. Then again, I don't see why not...anything to keep them around for as long as possible.

Archived