New PA 5 cars

trainfan22

Man, I would hate to see these come into service but hell, I'll have to deal with it. Gonna miss the PA 1-4s. Sucks PATH can't keep the PA-4s in service because those are still good cars and they're only 21 years old now or so this year. Keep the PA-4s in solid sets of 8 to run on the NWK-WTC since every station on that line can platform 8 cars except Harrison.

Everyone better get their rides in sometime this year. We all know how fast time can fly now and days so don't pass up the chance.

But actually, I'm looking forward to the PA-5s. They look pretty cool to me. Looks a little bulky but I can get pass that. Wonder how this thing is gonna sound.....any takers for Siemens Propulsion? :D

Announcements would be funny. It'll probably be like how HBLR has their announcements.

"This stop Newark Penn Station. This is the train to the World Trade Center. The next stop is Harrison."

OR

"This is a World Trade Center bound train. The next stop is Harrison."

"This is a 33rd Street via Hoboken bound train. the next stop is Grove Street."

Wonder when they're gonna start testing......

Looks something like this?

34866580.jpg

34866581.jpg

34866582.jpg

34866583.jpg

34866584.jpg

Newsday photos......

Why didn't the (MTA) get the R143, R160 (A and :D, and even the R142 and R142A in blue, and with a similar design. These are the most beautiful train cars I have laid my peepers upon. Go PATH!

These cars are nice....

Im gonna miss the PA1-4's also....I really don't wanna see them go....:D

I do agree on the fact that these cars do look like a shortened R-160, which im not happy about I feel like NY's commuter rail is starting to lose its creativity in terms of attractiveness.....I feel like by 2025 all trains will be stainless steel silver with just the agency's logo and that's it......what ever happen to Paint Scheme's(strictly just my opinion)

Don't get me wrong....I do indeed favor the modern designs....I just wish they would become more creative with it....in terms of giving every railroad(PATH,NJT,LIRR,NYC SUBWAY)its own individual look....

I'll miss for older PATH cars too. That's why I'd hurry to ride them, if time allows. PA-5 look like R160ies yet are NOT their exact copies. They are more like R160 in shorter version. I like that the faces of PA-5s will resemble current Path Cars

I guess their insides and electric equipment will be similar to NYC subway. So will it be possibel for them to be maintained by MTA car inspectors? Upon a need.

By the way, will PA-5s have as loud Air Brake Dumping sound as NYC Subway cars? Or just as loud as current Path cars?

I guess their insides and electric equipment will be similar to NYC subway. So will it be possibel for them to be maintained by MTA car inspectors? Upon a need.
Never. I doubt they'll have to do that, ever. If PATH is having any problems that they can't handle, they turn straight to Kawasaki.

By the way, will PA-5s have as loud Air Brake Dumping sound as NYC Subway cars? Or just as loud as current Path cars?
Pending whats in the under-carriage of the PA-5s. Kawasaki is building these cars.......

Archived