MARTA "Yellow Line" To Doraville Angers Some In Asian Community

EE Broadway Local

Link to full story in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution: http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/marta-yellow-line-to-294162.html

While I can understand, we must understand that yellow, here, is a color to designate/simplify a rapid transit line. Chicago and Washington, D.C. both have a Yellow Line and while not officially called yellow line, BART's Pittsburg/Bay Point - San Francisco International Airport/Millbrae Line, London Underground's Circle Line, PATH's Journal Square - 33d Street Line and our own Broadway B.M.T. Line (N)(R)(Q)(W) are each colored yellow on maps.

Grand Concourse, what do you make of all this?

Just utter stupidity, I won't be surprised an ACLU type got this nonsense going.

And for those that don't know, I'm asian and I find this 'offense' as nonsense.

Also Subchat has a few good lines:

-the 4 lines that stops at Canal are :gasps: yellow

-slants ran on the N passing by 8th Av in Brooklyn

I'm not offended at all. I just laugh at how ridiculous it all is.

*As long as it is not being used as a racist remark, I don't really care - I can handle most 'ethnic jokes'. But I will not sit back if it was used as an insult against me - that's where I draw the line.

I'm pretty sure the ACLU had absolutely nothing to do with it.

As far as the line being called the yellow line, wow, it's a color ride the train & shut up. I wish i had a train station or line etc near me but no i gotta get a ride 15 miles from here to really go anywhere else.

- A

Just utter stupidity, I won't be surprised an ACLU type got this nonsense going.

*As long as it is not being used as a racist remark, I don't really care - I can handle most 'ethnic jokes'. But I will not sit back if it was used as an insult against me - that's where I draw the line.

Your Asian?!

no more friends......lol

I'm pretty sure the ACLU had absolutely nothing to do with it.

As far as the line being called the yellow line, wow, it's a color ride the train & shut up. I wish i had a train station or line etc near me but no i gotta get a ride 15 miles from here to really go anywhere else.

- A

ACLU type* or just some shyster lawyer looking to start up sh*t.

Well, ...is it being used as a racist insult in this case? No, so...

Quit ******* whining.
People need to grow the ef up and stop being cry baby b#@ches. There are more serious things to be upset about. Just be happy theres a train that goes to your community instead of stirring the pot and making controversies out of nothing..
Tell them to STFU, get over it. By complaining, they look like a**holes.
...and people who have nothing better do kill their time on.

Maybe they should make it the "Gold Line" instead...

That would just encourage all the whiners in all the neighborhoods to think of something to b**ch about.

Looking at their rail map, MARTA has named their subway lines the Blue, Green, Red and Yellow Lines. The Yellow Line which begins/ends at Doraville runs to Airport and runs with the Red Line from Lindbergh Center to Airport.

MARTARail looks like a nice small system with thirty-nine stations (four are outside of the Atlanta Beltway - three on the Red Line and one on the Blue Line).

Voice of reason has spoken, case closed.

To be honest, I find most ethnic jokes to be pretty funny; plus I mean, Italians are greasy...

Np, and I don't mind jokes at other's expense, but just as long as it is not a put down of people in a derogatory manner.

People in general just needs to lighten up and get over the little things.

what do you mean? like a certain "group" doesn't know how to drive :P

Voice of reason has spoken, case closed.

To be honest, I find most ethnic jokes to be pretty funny; plus I mean, Italians are greasy...

Heh heh wipe that olive oil off ya face...

I see the article this thread talks about as just people complaining out there because they're LOOKING for some thing to be offended by, maybe get some of that leafy lettuce to line their pockets with in a frivolous lawsuit but first ya gotta complain to the paper...

Now imagine they made the trains that ran to this Asian community, "shorter" oh my what a ruckus that might cause :P

Archived