Railfanner Speaks Out About Photographing Trains On FOX 5 News

Sea Beach

This railfanner speaks out about his hassle with cops on the (6) line.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/investigative/100209-shutterbug-fights-nyc-subway-ticket

I wonder if hes on this site.

vinnie, im on the site(i didnt get to see the story; i walked in just as the segment was going off), but i will say im glad its over, and that things worked out........its unfortunate the cops involved couldnt bite the bullet and admit he was wrong......hopefully this sends a message to the cops not to harrass railfans for simply doing what they like to do: take pictures.....

vinnie, im on the site(i didnt get to see the story; i walked in just as the segment was going off), but i will say im glad its over, and that things worked out........its unfortunate the cops involved couldnt bite the bullet and admit he was wrong......hopefully this sends a message to the cops not to harrass railfans for simply doing what they like to do: take pictures.....

I meant if the person it happened to is on this site,that wasnt me.

I'm very happy for you that you not only stood up for what was right, but also won in the process. I'm glad you got Fox 5 in on this too because the harrassment of railfans and anyone in general who wants to take a picture in the subways has to stop and everyone needs to know what these boneheaded cops are doing. I hope that the memo on this situation sticks with all the cops or else there will be another lawsuit waiting for the NYPD and the city. Props to you rtype3995! :tup:

Congrats and good for you for standing up for your rights. The law should be obeyed but you don't have to take any crap from phonies who make up the law on the spot, or the little nazis who support them. Again, good on you :tup:

Do you ever get your balls broken Fred?

Well you did the right thing man! Sued em. Most of em dont know the rules while others do.

The ones who knows the rules follow by it, the others just play stupid and pretend it doesnt exist!

We have to fight for our rights!

(MTA) should be sending this to every t/a worker and even the NYPD as well..

Besides the NYPD Detectives list, it doesnt work out of NYC, i tried it in Westchester and the nice cop told me it didn't apply to them, of course nothing bad happen to me..

PS I agree, those NYPD personal should of gotten the fine..

Im so tired of 9/11 this and that. BS!! Its 2010, NOT 2001!

Not just Rail or Bus Fans, Everyone! =)!

Besides the NYPD Detectives list, it doesnt work out of NYC, i tried it in Westchester and the nice cop told me it didn't apply to them, of course nothing bad happen to me..

Westchester County is not part of NYC (New York, Bronx, Queens, Kings and Richmond County). The NYPD has no jurisdiction outside of NYC.

Westchester County is not part of NYC (New York, Bronx, Queens, Kings and Richmond County). The NYPD has no jurisdiction outside of NYC.

I know, but i dont think showing them the (MTA) NYCT Rules will do.. Sadly MNCRR/LIRR allows photography but no where on the rules it says its legal for those divisions. Except the LIRR letter people post here..

Besides, why doesnt the t/a mention its allowed for the commuter rails?

I know, but i dont think showing them the (MTA) NYCT Rules will do.. Sadly MNCRR/LIRR allows photography but no where on the rules it says its legal for those divisions. Except the LIRR letter people post here..

Besides, why doesnt the t/a mention its allowed for the commuter rails?

They are part of the main MTA corporate umbrella but they pretty much operate independently.

This is why we live in a soceity where most people dont respect the police..

Ef em!

They are here to protect and serve. Just like when your car is broke down , they are supposed to pull over and help you instead of always driving by..

And this type of harrassment will continue and the city will continue to have to pay out lawsuits because cops are NOT lawyers, they know NOTHING of the law. They are just trained to recognize danger and listen to their higher ranking officers who tell them what to do. The city screwed up because the point of having a seargent is to verify the law because a seargent is supposed to have some shred of knowledge of the law. The Lieutenants have alot more knowledge of the laws.Hey NYPD:tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown: Four thumpbs down!

Enjoy your money bro! You deserve it after putting up with those ignorant flat foot street thugs with badges.

That totally sucks man that you had to go through all that. at least it worked out in the end.

I was recently harassed by police over an issue that coulda been resolved on the spot, but now i have a pink summons, no lawyer, and risk having a criminal record because some guy couldn't just let me go with a warning since i had no idea the ordinance involved existed. I think it's ironic how the police typically don't bother or even pay attention to me, and the one time there's an issue they come down on me like a hammer even though i was utterly oblivious to the ordinance and meant no wrong.

I think the police force attracts the wrong kind of people sometimes, people who have no sense of scale or overstep their powers or act like those folks did making things up, that's just wrong.

- A

Archived