trains Europe

pia watson

Hey, I’ve just come up with this master-plan to keep me and my friends entertained over the summer. Neither of us have loads of cash to spare, but we are dying to see a bit of Europe (beach holidays don’t really count). So my thought was to make use of the trains Europe has to offer. I’ve been reading a lot in the news lately, that there are loads of high-speed railway lines connecting all these countries and making it heaven for backpackers to get around. All my friends agree, so we’ve decided on doing it either way. However, none of us know, if there might be an extra-cheap deal out there or some sort of ticket that will allow us to do the whole “hop on, hop off” thing, so we can be more independent and won’t have to stick to strict times. Any tips?

My only advice is that you should never ride the Barcelona subway. That one really sucked. However, in my travels to Spain and France I have found the Paris subway to be great (love the rubber tired trains, silent, no screeching) and the Madrid subway was ok. The TGV in France is neat with its double decker trains. That's all I know, have fun.

My only advice is that you should never ride the Barcelona subway. That one really sucked. However, in my travels to Spain and France I have found the Paris subway to be great (love the rubber tired trains, silent, no screeching) and the Madrid subway was ok. The TGV in France is neat with its double decker trains. That's all I know, have fun.

Thanks you toasty for the advice.

Archived