Remaining Head End Views

JSX

Does anyone know which lines still run cars that have a view out the front? The only one I know for sure is the (A) and (E) since I rode them last weekend. Thanks

the E no longer has the view you speak of due to its infection of the plague...you can always take a ride on the front end of the flushing bound 7 train that will always guarantee you a nice view

Those R32s on the (A) (:P(Q)(R) and (V) lines and the R42s on the (J)(Z) are the rarity out there. Try going after those sets first.

Not really true, if you are out on the Eastern Div. around rush hour all 5 R42 sets should be out. I was out yesterday in the snow and saw every R42 ENY set on the road.

R42s aren't rare, they're just uncommon. Not really a big deal if you catch one, but if you do, have fun getting RFW shots.

R32 (C) trains are plentiful.

R32 (A) trains are also uncommon. There's always one to three sets out there. Always see it going home, so that's not much of a fantastic site.

As for everything else, you catch it, you better grab some pictures of it.

Most of the R32's can be found on the (C) line, and some can be seen on the (A), (R) and (V) trains. One set is from the Coney Island Yard and can be seen on either the (:P or (Q) trains.

A few sets of the R42's can only be seen on the (J) or (Z) lines.

You mean all R32s are on the (C), no including the (R)(V) and (A).

For OP if you mean Rail Fan windows these have em:

R32 (A)(Some) and (C) [May change by Feb 14 when the (C) MAY get R44 or R46 and R32s for the (A) from the (C). Unknown yet

R42s on the (J)(Z) a few sets in service

R32s on the (R)(V) like 1-3 sets

R62A (7) always toward the Flushing line view

Cars with them but cab in front:

R44/46 SOME, since its blocked sometimes with newspapers and crap

R68/68A

R142/A , R143, R160A/B

R62/A with the box window from the cab in front

Does anyone know which lines still run cars that have a view out the front? The only one I know for sure is the (A) and (E) since I rode them last weekend. Thanks

You want a good chance to catch a R42 on the (J) do it on the weekend!

You never know who you might run across....

R32:

All Times: (A)/©, Mostly (C), 2 trainsets on the (A) sometimes 3

Rush Hours: (V)(note sometimes R32's run all day on the (V)) 2 trainsets

The R32's on the (R) is very Rare Now, Jamaica Mainly puts their R32's on the (V), one comes out around 3:50 or 4:20

CI has 1 R32 Trainset for the (:P/(Q) mostly for the (:P I always cacth it during the Rush Hours, sometimes runs all day, Its rare on the (Q)

Not really true, if you are out on the Eastern Div. around rush hour all 5 R42 sets should be out. I was out yesterday in the snow and saw every R42 ENY set on the road.

There's actually six sets, with a pair of spares. But yes you're right, they do run all of them during rush hours.

I actually have run into R4s on the F and Rock park Shuttle Lines without newspaper clippings or ads in their RFWs. Same with some R44s. Only the fuzzy material but no newspaper clippings

Yea, most of them don't have newspaper, but occasionally, a T/O decides to tape up some garbage on the window.

Yea, most of them don't have newspaper, but occasionally, a T/O decides to tape up some garbage on the window.

Does anyone know why? Some T/O are insistent on getting in the way of filming or photographing, and others are very welcoming.

Does anyone know why? Some T/O are insistent on getting in the way of filming or photographing, and others are very welcoming.

Try operasting with a lot of light coming into the cab, it's very distracting. I doubt that any T/Os even think of people taking pictures through that window, they just want to cut down on the glare.

It is to prevent light from entering their cab. It creates a glare.

But meh, I think we can block off some of the light by standing there.

It is to prevent light from entering their cab. It creates a glare.

But meh, I think we can block off some of the light by standing there.

Isn't the layer of dark glass sufficient? It only lets light straight through and not at an angle.

Archived