My newly made Map

E Local

New changes on my map (not posted yet):

the eastern queens extensions I took off & replaced them with bus services (of course). the (R) is now extended again to Staten island all times, (V) trains pushed back to 2 avenue weekdays (like the usual pattern), (G) same as always, but pushed back to church avenue all times.

(B) trains make the usual stops it makes now, but extended to WPR, only to run weekdays only.

(Q) trains only run between van Cortland park east, Bronx & coney island Brooklyn, via 3 avenue (Bx), 2 avenue, & Bway express (via bridge) & via Brighton local (stopping at dekalb).

(R) trains run only between forest hills & st. George Staten island all times via Bway, 4th avenue express & queens Blvd local (skipping dekalb all but nights).

(X) moved from the Bway line to the 10th avenue line, to coney island via 2nd avenue (Brkln) & sea gate.

(N)(R) switched:

(N) local

(R) express

(1)(3) switched:

(1) express (but nights)

(3) local

(N)(W) extension to the Bronx discontinued, instead they run via the LGA airport line to flushing-main street

No More (M2)* service via the 4th avenue line, only serves the red hook tunnel with the (P)(X)(T)(Y) & (Z)*

*Rush hours only

(K) trains run all times between Bway, Bronx & St. George Staten Island all times via 8th avenue express weekdays, other times local.

(3)(4) lines back to their own terminals.

the (H) is recolored pink & runs between rockaway park, queens & Riverbank state park, Manhattan all times.

(1) trains extended to St. George, Staten island.

(7)<7> trains are also extended to St. George via west St. (New York 9A).

(6)<6> trains now extended to the Bowling green-South ferry terminal.

I know this is alot of change, but you will see all the changes in my map soon!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lance25

I'll hold off on my full critique of your service changes until you release your map, but I feel that there are some glaring issues with some of the changes. For example, having the (1) run express and the (3) local means that trains would have to cross each other north of 96 St. IIRC, I believe that what you suggested was implemented directly after 9/11 with the (1) running express to 14 St, which delayed service on the (2) line. Similarly with the (6) extension to Bowling Green, unless the section between Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall and Bowling Green is rebuilt for 4 tracks, the (4), (5) and (6) running on a two-track line will cause serious congestion to that part, if not the entire line.

I'll hold off on my full critique of your service changes until you release your map, but I feel that there are some glaring issues with some of the changes. For example, having the (1) run express and the (3) local means that trains would have to cross each other north of 96 St. IIRC, I believe that what you suggested was implemented directly after 9/11 with the (1) running express to 14 St, which delayed service on the (2) line. Similarly with the (6) extension to Bowling Green, unless the section between Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall and Bowling Green is rebuilt for 4 tracks, the (4), (5) and (6) running on a two-track line will cause serious congestion to that part, if not the entire line.

You are right about the (4)(5)(6)<6> congestion, also there's gonna be an (8) line, so there will be 4 tracks running south to bowling green. the (1)(3) thing confuses me alot, what I rather do is build some switches south of 96 street where (1) trains can switch off to, so that (3) trains can have space heading uptown or downtown.

Extend (T) to fordahm Plaza and put (A)(:((C)(D)<Q> to Grand Central 42 ST.And elimimante (Q6)

What are you talking about?

-I did that already, I extended the (T) to E. 242 street in the Bronx,

-what would the (A),(:P,(C),(D) & (Q)/<Q> do in grand central?

- BTW... I don't use the (Q6) anymore to be exact..

My New Fleet:

(A)- R44, R46, R160A, R32

(C)- R32, R46

(E)- R160A, R46, R32

(K)- R44, R160A

(:P- R68/A, R32

(D)/<D>- R68, R160A

(F)- R46, R32, R160A

(V)- R46, R160A

(N)/<N>- R68A, R160A/B

(Q)- R68/A, R160A/B

(R)- R32, R46, R160A

(W)- R68, R160A/B

(J)/<J>- R42, R160A

(Mx)/<M>- R160A

(Z)/<Z>- R42, R160A

(L)- R143, R160A

(S)- R160A, R68/A

(P)- R68A, R160A/B

(X)- R68, R32, R160A/B

(T)- R44, R160A

(U)- R46, R44, R160A/B

(Y)- R44, R46, R32, R160B

(G)- R46, R160A

( H )- R44, R160A, R32

(0)- R62A

(1)/<1>- R62A, R142

(2)- R142/A

(3)- R62

(9)- R62/A

(4)/<4>- R142/A, R62

(5)- R62, R142

(6)/<6>- R62/A, R142A

(8)/<8>- R62/A

(7)/<7>- R62A/ R142A

Guest lance25

Now that you're finished, I feel that I can give an accurate critique of your map. First let me state that people in the Bronx and Brooklyn would not be clamoring for more service anymore. With that said however, there aren't many changes for Eastern Queens, an area that would surely benefit from more public transportation.

There are some other serious problems with this map also.

• The sheer length of most of the lines. Some of these lines make the (A) look like the (G).
  • the (1) & (7) extensions. Even if the (MTA) were to extend a line, it wouldn't be a numbered line due to spatial constraints.
  • Like I told you before, the (3) can't run local with the (1) as the express. Trains will have to cross in front of each other at the 96th Street Junction as the express tracks are aligned with Lenox Avenue.
  • The V extension to Parsons/Archer. Archer Avenue can barely handle the (E) going to the Jamaica Ctr, especially during the rush hour. I highly doubt it would be able to handle two lines going there simultaneously.
  • the (F) running express and the (R) running local through 179 St. If I'm not mistaken, this was tried sometime during the construction of 63rd Street and it didn't work as people didn't want to take a local. (This also applies to your extension of the (C) to Lefferts Blvd.) Also, if the (F) runs express, it can't stop at Van Wyck Blvd or 75 Av as there are no switches in that area.
  • As I mentioned in a previous update of your map, it would be better to link all of your lower Manhattan lines at Wall St/Broad St/etc. as they're closer to each other, rather than at Bowling Green/Whitehall St-South Ferry. This also brings into question your out-of-system transfer at Fulton St. Few people would utilize that transfer if they can go one or two stops down and transfer there.

I have to also question where your west Brooklyn line is geographically because looking at Google Maps, it would like it follows the Gowanus Expressway, which for the most part is one block away from the Fourth Avenue line.

It's not all bad though. I do like the new H line. It would be nice to have a line that runs into Queens without having to go through midtown Manhattan first.

Yard assignments:

207 street: (A)(C)(K)(X)(1)(9)

239 street: (2)(8)

240 street: (A)(1)

canarsie: (L)

concourse: (:((D)

coney island: (:D(P)(N)(Q)(S)(W)(X)

corona: (7)<7>

east new york: (J)(L)(Mx)(Z)

fresh pond road: (Mx)

Grand concourse: ( H )(Q)(T)(Y)(2)(5)(8)

Jamaica: (E)(F)(G)(R)(V)

jerome: (4)

lenox: (3)

Livonia: (2)(3)(4)(5)

pitkin; (A)(C)

Rockaway park: (A)( H )

St. George: (K)(R)(U)(1)(7)<7>

unionport: (2)(5)(8)

Westchester: (6)<6>

But if (K) dosent run to the Bronx Then (E) Trains Will be delayed And (6) Will Have to run To Grand Central to be its last stop Because Of the (K) train.Now (5) has to run to City hall and stop there.

Im sorry, pardon my French but, what the heck are you talking about? does anybody know what he is talking about? not to be rude, but the (6) & the (K) train are very far from each other in the Bronx, umm the last time I noticed the (E) runs from queens to south ferry (without delays on certain parts, plus my south ferry station on the (E)(K) lines has 4 tracks), its like 168 street on the (A)(C)(K)(X) lines on my map, so I don't think there would be delays. also the (4)(5)(6)(8) problem to bowling green is solved, the whole line runs 4 tracks from 125 street to bowling green, so no problems.

Sorry about my words i got them confused i said if you CAN contunie (K) to Queens The (N) train Would go faster and (Q) can have a <Q> train.tell me if i am saying anything wrong.Hey besides look at my new subway map youll see suprises!(E)-(L)(O)(C)(A)(L)

Sorry about my words i got them confused i said if you CAN contunie (K) to Queens The (N) train Would go faster and (Q) can have a <Q> train.tell me if i am saying anything wrong.Hey besides look at my new subway map youll see suprises!(E)-(L)(O)(C)(A)(L)

You have a subway map? let me see it. I wanna see the changes you would make to it. Oh I know what you mean about the (E)(K)(N)(W)(P)(X) thing, no they are in different tunnels, they are not sharing tracks, so there would be no delays.

Ok Thanks for telling me that.Um by the way E-local I didnt finsh it yet its just 85% complet so you will just see the service changes of the trains i just used some of yours if you dont mind.And if you see anything wrong just tell me.(1)(2)(3)(T)(R)(A)(I)(S)(R)(O)(C)(K)

Archived