Difference between MTA Bus Company and NYC Transit

Coolbreezing

The most logical thing to do would be to talk it out first with the employee. A confrontation get to managerial level only if it is a serious problem that can escalate to potential violence. Bus drivers are grown a$$ people their should be able sort out problem among themselves. If you have problem with your fellow bus drivers talk it out with someone who knows both of you about the situation. see if your can come to a compromising ....they is nothing pu$$y about this. You simply don't want to jeopardize your job for none sense. If it got to a point where you can not resolve this problem like grown up ....it is only then it goes to manager. Most problem that escalate to the point of physical fight are due to lack of reason. That does not include self defense by the way ....because it must be understood that they are maniacs out there ....which mean you don't necessary must do someone something in order for them to attack you. How would you handle an aggressive commuter ......would you react with the same aggression ........would you be passive ......or would you try to control the situation. What if a commuter New York your face with a nice creamy spit ....what would you do?

OK ....I understand what you saying to me now. In another word all this beautiful talk at Livingston st are partly BS. You right the starting salary could very well be different than the $16.00 mentioned by Mr. Williams. In your opinion, which depot would you say that start its drivers at least at $16.00 an hr. Also do their take in consideration a driver's prior experience. Someone like me who is 19A certified (school Bus) and who has been driving commercial vehicles for over 10 years ....why should I be place on the same boat with someone who has no driving experience at all?. Specially when I only had one accident on my driving record. Doesn't that make me a lesser risk for potential accidents. I hope it works out because I can't feed my daughter and pay rent with $16.00 an hr. Thanks for the heads up DOB ....

Yonkers and Eastchester depots start out the highest, and you will make at least $24hr at top pay. They will get their contract soon enough, and should be on par with OA and TA. It doesn't matter how much driving experience you have, you will be treated as if you never drove at all. You must learn the TA way.

Leave on good terms with your current employer........

a question about the boss exam. if you did not chose answer "A" are you most likly to fail the whole exam? Because in my past in my job, if i had a problem with a co-worker i would resolve it with a manager so that the copmany and staff knew what had been going on. Its not about being a "snitch" its only about letting the proper people be aware of the situation. or am i understanding the post wrong? please educate me.

Here you just do your job, and don't let others bother you of how you do your job. Just ignore everyone, and don't let them get to you. That's how you survive here........

I passed the written test for the "P" endorsement earlier today but failed the "S" endorsement,my fault for not studying the cdl manual long eneough. I already have the airbrake endorsement on my cdl permit. Before I can start taking cdl driving school lessons I need the "S",they tell me that taking the cdl road test is easier on a school bus rather than on a truck.

Coolbreezing,you have a very good driving history with our cdl,like ROB said you will start out the same as everyone else in regards to pay,but you most defintely have an advantage in the hiring process over those who have little or no cdl driving experience.

Thanks for answering my questions ROB,you are a source that I can trust.

DOB "Leave on good terms with your current employer........"

If the MTA is depending on my previous employers to hire me than it may not be fair to me. When you work for someone ......specially private companies with a minimal amount of workers, everything is personal. You become an asset to them ....especially when you're being exploited. In this situation, the boss don't want to see you leave .....they want you to think what their got for you here is the best you're going to get. They will send other employees to talk to you ... trying to figure out your intentions .....they do that because their want to protect their investment. When you leave their have nothing good to say about you. They will have to train someone else to do your job ......and sometime depending on the nature of the work, its hard to find someone that can be trusted.

My last job involved Commercial boiler repair, I got hire at $24.00 in hr to do the job. The only reason why I accepted $24.00 its because I know business has not been good for the heating industry .....because of global warming, many companies had to lay off an rehire and lay off again ......because the cold whether been back in fought. Do you know my previous boss wanted to lower my salary to $18.00 an hr?. How do you handle that .....of course I didn't accept it .....had I accepted it, I would have made it worst for my fellow mechanic in the industry. Next time he hires another mechanic, he would not dare to do that again .....unless he hires an illegal immigrant who is a knowledgeable mechanic ....and that is hard to find. In this case he is going to find himself hiring another white mechanic who will charge him $8.00 more than what he was paying me, which is what the job should pay by the way. This is commercial heating not residential burners .....the mechanic will maintain MMG - DEG - Fulton - Webster - Iron Fireman and Carlen burners. .....because of the knowledge that is required to do the job it makes it hard to find good mechanics. I rather drive a school bus than work for this guy ....Its principal DOB .....employers should also learn how to treat their workers ....all I ask is that you be fair ....that's it ....nothing else ....you feel me.

I passed the written test for the "P" endorsement earlier today but failed the "S" endorsement,my fault for not studying the cdl manual long eneough. I already have the airbrake endorsement on my cdl permit. Before I can start taking cdl driving school lessons I need the "S",they tell me that taking the cdl road test is easier on a school bus rather than on a truck.

Coolbreezing,you have a very good driving history with our cdl,like ROB said you will start out the same as everyone else in regards to pay,but you most defintely have an advantage in the hiring process over those who have little or no cdl driving experience.

Thanks for answering my questions ROB,you are a source that I can trust.

so u can get cdl permit with p and air brake endorsements just by taking the apprpriate test? because i am 18 but i want to still be able to have a cdl permit with at least air brake endorsements

so u can get cdl permit with p and air brake endorsements just by taking the apprpriate test? because i am 18 but i want to still be able to have a cdl permit with at least air brake endorsements

Go the any DMV office and ask for the CDL manual,it is free. You can also study online from the DMV website. Air brake written test is 25 questions,passenger (20 questions and General Knowledge 50 questions). I paid $5.00 per test,there is no time limit,you can't bring a cell phone inside to the test room. The CDL B permit is good for 1 year though. You need a MV-44 form along with id(current drivers license). I took my DOT physical at my doctors office before taking the written tests,you will need that eventually to get your CDL.

• 1 month later...

Hey Guy.

I wanted to give my input about MTA bus if anyone wants to go there please make sure you know what you are doing MTA bus isn't the same as the others. right now MTA BUS is starting at 16.50 and I can tell you this when your there for a year you will be making 16.50 plus don't get night pay or other stuff like TA. the training isn't the same as TA. With MTA bus the old time people that been there before MTA took over have been picked to train you.some of them really don't want to show you the right way. When MTA wants every bus to stay on the right hand side and 4ft away from the cars. Them guys at MTA bus are all about them self not trying to show you the right way. So if anyone is looking to become a MTA B/O take TA trust me. if for the people that said that there is no BOSS exam for MTA bus. it's the same yellow booklet from 2006 for MaBSTOA.

Hey Guy.

I wanted to give my input about MTA bus if anyone wants to go there please make sure you know what you are doing MTA bus isn't the same as the others. right now MTA BUS is starting at 16.50 and I can tell you this when your there for a year you will be making 16.50 plus don't get night pay or other stuff like TA. the training isn't the same as TA. With MTA bus the old time people that been there before MTA took over have been picked to train you.some of them really don't want to show you the right way. When MTA wants every bus to stay on the right hand side and 4ft away from the cars. Them guys at MTA bus are all about them self not trying to show you the right way. So if anyone is looking to become a MTA B/O take TA trust me. if for the people that said that there is no BOSS exam for MTA bus. it's the same yellow booklet from 2006 for MaBSTOA.

I agree with you on everything except pay. Pay depends on the depot. It's not a set rate across the board. It depends on what the private line company was paying before MTA took over. i.e. Spring Creek pay is what it was when it was Command, La Guardia/Triboro, Baisley Park/Jamaica, and so on.

Yup there isn't alot of respect in the Depot at MTA bus because the old timers know they MTA is kicking them out and the new people that are coming in from the street there is no more games that they had before MTA took over. That why when I was there the guy that was training me said he hated MTA and why the yell we need this charlie brake. But thats how they feel and MTA knows all about it. I just wish I never wasted my time there. it was a joke MTA told me that I would get the same pay as TA when I got there I didn't get what they said I had to take 12.15 then went to 15.00 I know people are still working alot and still getting paid crap from MTA bus plus MTA bus when you see your pay check lets say you get 640 per week after the medical and fee for other stuff your at like 250 to 300 how could you live like that even if you were promise after being with MTA bus we all would get 3% rise yeah right til this day my classmates still making 15.00 after a year1 1/2 with no ngith pay. come on MTA knows what they are doing that's why alot of the new people that started at MTA bus in 06 have been gone.

Archived