The Signal From Hell

Fresh Pond

Ok, I was at Bway-Lafayette and I seen a SB (B) train sitting there about 3 carlengths into the station. So I went to the other side to see what happened. I get there and it was a red signal (B3-926). It sat there for a good 5 minutes and then it started to move in an attempt to key the signal (I guess it got the OK from the tower). The lead car got to the stop arm and BLAM, it tripped the e-brakes. So she recharged it and started moving and BLAM, the 2nd car tripped the signal (ask R33WF, he was there). So it sat there again waiting for the TSS to arrive. Then I left (had to go to 2 Av and pick someone up) and when I came back (prolly 10 mins), and it was still there. I get back in the platform and the TSS is yelling on the walkie-talkie for the c/r and the m/m to get back in their spots cuz it was ready to go. So it finally leaves and the (D) train behind it gets held in the station cuz the (B) train in front of it had a sick passenger (or something like that) at Grand St. Throughout that whole time, they made (B) & (D) trains run to Coney Island via the (F).

I have photos of it but its in the subay photos & videos section with the same same as this thread.

Thanks. Should of got a video of the train attempting to keyby the signal.

I saw a work train try to key by a signal a few years ago. The second the air dumped, the whole thing came to a dead stop unlike most revenue cars. Several workers almost fell off too.

• 2 weeks later...
I saw a work train try to key by a signal a few years ago. The second the air dumped, the whole thing came to a dead stop unlike most revenue cars. Several workers almost fell off too.

With worth trains, when the Diesel hit's the stop arm, there is a 2 second delay, and the brakes grab much harder, then as a passenger train.

With worth trains, when the Diesel hit's the stop arm, there is a 2 second delay, and the brakes grab much harder, then as a passenger train.

Work trains still have real brake shoes. Also, it was a flat car that was tripped and it was 3 ahead of the diesel but it still tripped fast.

Archived