RTSs on the QBx-1

T J Trainman

I was going to start a thread about that but it's true and as of now it is 5 cause I saw 8937 for the first time this morning. In fact, I rode on bus 8964 going home last night. It was a surreal experience riding an RTS through Co-Op City because I had never done that before. It was a real blast.

Also some of the buses like 8964 and possibly 8934 & 8935 has the Quality Control Sticker on it along with the Eastchester Depot symbol on it. It looks great!

I wonder with ECH continuing to get buses for the QBX1 if they're not taking over the Majority of the Runs...

I must admit for few weeks now I've only caught ECH buses on the QBX1 - and I only ride Flushing trips, I've still seen CP O5's plenty of times, but I'm riding them less and less it seems.

Some one clear it up for me - I originally though ECH was only suspose to be handling the Short trips to/from bay with CP running all Flushing trips....but again I've only been getting ECH buses on Flushing trips.

It gets kinda of exciting to see all these moves. The most impressive has to be this one. The RTS buses that are going to Eastchester may look bad but within time im pretty they will fix these buses and make them look my presentable, just take a look 6010-6021.

It gets kinda of exciting to see all these moves. The most impressive has to be this one. The RTS buses that are going to Eastchester may look bad but within time im pretty they will fix these buses and make them look my presentable, just take a look 6010-6021.

I agree with you but it must be said that it's been snowing and that makes buses and all vehicles look crappy. Once the buses get a bath and Eastchester works it's magic, like you said Dre, they will be looking sharp and presentable.

What I meant was 8937 wasnt dirty from the snow, Its just the paint job it currently has its wearing out faded blue stripe on parts of it. Im very happy that these buses have gone to a very good depot maint. wise in due time they will get a repaint. BTW ECH will have 8928, 8930, 8934-8937, 8963, & 8964. Maybe a few more will show up.

I decided to ride on the QBx1 today and wouldn't you know, an RTS showed up! It was 8937. The sign wasn't working so the bus driver had to yell out what the bus was and where it was going.

I'm wondering if how much time these drivers had getting training to drive these RTS's. The drivers from today and last night both had issues getting the bus to move after getting it from the kneeling position. Maybe the buses need more work I don't know but its interesting how it's different drivers with the same issue. I also observed today that a bus driver who got on going to Gun Hill Depot showed the driver something involving one of the switches with the bus. I didn't get what it was for but I was close enough to hear the Gun Hill driver said something to the effect that he was familliar with those buses and that he remembered them at East New York.

Also 8934 still has the "(MTA) New York City Bus" in the back.

saw one while waiting for the q19 on main street today. interesting!

this sounds like a stupid question, but i was really wondering. i've never taken the qbx1 before lol. the signage says via 1-2-3-4-5, what does this mean? :x

Its for the different sections of Co-op City, as someone stated earlier. Here are the details

Section 1: west of Dreiser Loop

Section 2: east of Dreiser loop

Section 3: Bellamy Loop

Section 4: Asch Loop

Section 5: area around Einstein Loop, Erskine Pl & Earhart Ln

These are the different routes of the QBx1...

-Full route (via 1-2-3-4-5)

-Section 3 (Pelham Bay or Flushing to Bellamy Loop)

-Section 4 (Pelham Bay or Flushing to Asch Loop)

-Section 5 (Pelham Bay & back via section 5 only)

There are now 2 more RTS assigned to the ECH depot, 9300 & 9328. These 2 RTS came from the BP depot.

It's funny you say that cause I rode on 9328 this morning on the way to work, my first morning ride on an RTS on the QBx1. That was a nice surprise.

Archived