Photo time again

Deaks

I've been to Germany for the last week so without further ado here's what I've seen aviation-wise....

PICT0106.jpg

10 points for this one. It's the RAF boys passing through Manchester with one of their old Tri-stars. Goodness knows where they had been but rather them than me. This is apparently a one-time BA plane. One of the plane picture websites has shots of it in the US, Canada, New Zealand, Iraq and the Falkland Islands so they obviously keep it busy.

PICT0108.jpg

Another from more or less the same vantage point, this is a FlyBe DHC-8 prop thing.

PICT0127.jpg

Then onwards and upwards to Munich, where they have a large hill nearby the airport to give a good view of goings-on. This is an Air Berlin A330 taxiing away to the runway.

PICT0129.jpg

Then a London Airways A319 headed off.

PICT0131.jpg

A little later an Air Baltic 737-300 appeared. These fly to Munich from Tallinn in Estonia and Riga in Latvia. I went at this point because it was ball-numbingly cold.

PICT0134.jpg

Before heading off to the S-Bahn - which has its own station for the visitors' centre - I had a look at the static exhibits. From L - Junkers JU-52, Douglas DC-3 and the main attraction, a Lockheed L1049G Super Constellation.

PICT0135.jpg

Another view of the 'Connie'. From what I could decipher, it made its maiden voyage from Hamburg to New York in 1955.

PICT0136.jpg

Closer look at the DC-3.

Thanks for the good words guys.

Great pics Deaks, I want to see more pics from your area!

I will be in London on Saturday, but I can't decide whether to head to Heathrow or have a spin on the Underground. I've nearly done those truck pix you wanted too Dan.

Archived