(F) No trains between Jay St and Church Av

Free express and local shuttle buses provide alternate service

Weekend, 11:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Feb 19 - 22 and Feb 26 - Mar 1

No (G) trains running

Weekend, 10:30 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Feb 19 - 22

(S) No trains between Broad Channel and Beach 116 St

Weekend, 10:30 PM Fri to 4:45 AM Mon, Feb 19 - 22

FOUR shuttle bus GO's at once...?

This combo also happens on the weekend of Feb 26-Mar 1, except that the (A) runs to Rockaway Park and the Far Rockaway side gets the buses.

Is the Rockaway station rehab still going on? The GO notice is gone.

So...I guess you just cut yourself out of the mix if the (F) is as well???

Yep, I have no plans either of those weekends and if something come up, I'll drive. There is no way I would waste a second of my life on the shuttle buses.

I don't like the (F) and (G) train GO combination at all. I don't mind that there are two shuttle bus routes but I feel that the (NYCT) should extend the (G) shuttle bus route to Church Avenue and don't make a stop at Jay Street. Just run the (G) shuttle bus from Queens Plaza to Church Avenue. Also have the (F) shuttle bus go from Church Avenue to Jay Street with some non stop bus service. But this seems to be an weird GO combination that I plan to check out.

This is so stupid..

(1) The (F) Gets an express bus but the (G) doesnt?? Which is Longer then the (F) G/Os,,

(2) Why does peopel gotta get off at Jay Street for an (F) to (G) Transfer instead of extending the (G) shuttle to Church...

anyways i may bus fan the (G) and/or (F) of course. Buses

This combo also happens on the weekend of Feb 26-Mar 1, except that the (A) runs to Rockaway Park and the Far Rockaway side gets the buses.

I would be shocked if either the F or G GO is not cancelled. If not, there will be mass confusion with 2 shuttle bus routes at Jay St.

If the G Go wasn't cancelled last weekend, that work would be finished this weekend.

I would be shocked if either the F or G GO is not cancelled. If not, there will be mass confusion with 2 shuttle bus routes at Jay St.

If the G Go wasn't cancelled last weekend, that work would be finished this weekend.

I don't think it would be that confusing cuz they're gonna have the (F) bus(es) and the (G) bus stop at different ends of Jay St. The (F) bus is gonna board/alight at Jay & Willoughby (by the future elevator) and the (G) bus is gonna board/alight at MetroTech Plaza (the old terminal of the B54).

And I also think the (G) should've gotten the express buses instead on the (F).

I don't think it would be that confusing cuz they're gonna have the (F) bus(es) and the (G) bus stop at different ends of Jay St. The (F) bus is gonna board/alight at Jay & Willoughby (by the future elevator) and the (G) bus is gonna board/alight at MetroTech Plaza (the old terminal of the B54).

And I also think the (G) should've gotten the express buses instead on the (F).

2 shuttle buses in that area WILL be confusing because the passengers are very easily confused and do not read signs. They need to have their hands held to get them to the proper bus. I've seen confusion and needless question with the 2 F shuttle buses, despite signage and TA personnel constantly making announcements. They still are confused and want personal service. This is mass transit. Yes they need express buses since so many continue past Church Ave. and need to get back on.

As for the G, local bus service is sufficient as very few passengers will ride the shuttle bus from end to end, unlike the F. I well know the G ridership patterns since I work the line for a living.

2 shuttle buses in that area WILL be confusing because the passengers are very easily confused and do not read signs. They need to have their hands held to get them to the proper bus. I've seen confusion and needless question with the 2 F shuttle buses, despite signage and TA personnel constantly making announcements. They still are confused and want personal service. This is mass transit. Yes they need express buses since so many continue past Church Ave. and need to get back on.

As for the G, local bus service is sufficient as very few passengers will ride the shuttle bus from end to end, unlike the F. I well know the G ridership patterns since I work the line for a living.

When I went to catch Bus Rodeo (S) Bus for first time, I did not know where bus stop, so when I try to flag at Q35 stop, Q35 riders acted confuse when Bus Rodeo (S) Bus passed by.

When I was on (1)(S) Bus, especially tourist thinking you need to paid, but I told them (S) Bus is free.

It was same situation on (2) Lenox Av Local (S) Bus, about 3 people put MetroCard in farebox.

Even it was same with (E)(S) Bus Kew Garden-JC.

I remember tourist making mistake between (1) Train (S) bus and M1.

One of M21 rider made mistake with (D)(S) Bus.

I also remember one of M104 rider got on Non-Stop (2) at 94th St stop.

the closing of manhattan-bound platforms of 67, 44, and 25th Sts were suppose to begin on Feb 1 but was pushed back. possibly due to snow. the signs have been taken down and S/A wrote on boards that both sides have service until further notice. the GO in rockaway is suppose to allow crews to set up the closings. im assuming this may be the reason. but yes, the rehab IS still going on. Thank mother nature for the delay

the (G) and (F) shuttle situation isn't really that awful at Jay St-Borough Hall.

Although the regular joe needs to have his hand held to find the right shuttle, they often have transit workers with megaphones clearly explaining (F) EXPRESS BUS, (F) LOCAL BUS and then directing people to the other side of the building for (G) buses.

the (G) and (F) shuttle situation isn't really that awful at Jay St-Borough Hall.

Although the regular joe needs to have his hand held to find the right shuttle, they often have transit workers with megaphones clearly explaining (F) EXPRESS BUS, (F) LOCAL BUS and then directing people to the other side of the building for (G) buses.

So? Most people need 5 personal invitations to board the right bus.

The Rockaway Park (S) GO is cancelled this weekend, as the Far-Rockaway bound Beach 60th and Beach 36th are to close Monday.

The recent snowstorms have REALLY messed up the Rockaway rehab schedule!

Also, the (Q) is not running to Astoria.

Well I am shocked.

No G's the entire line............Culver viaduct out so no F between Jay 'n' Church.

This means some riders have to go from one shuttle bus to another at Jay St.

Very inconvenient and time consuming.

BTW: last weekend, despite no G service for all 3 days, it looked like ZERO work was accomplished at Bedford/Nostrand.

Scandalous.

Archived