The Worst GO Combination

Amtrak7

Well I am shocked.

No G's the entire line............Culver viaduct out so no F between Jay 'n' Church.

This means some riders have to go from one shuttle bus to another at Jay St.

Very inconvenient and time consuming.

BTW: last weekend, despite no G service for all 3 days, it looked like ZERO work was accomplished at Bedford/Nostrand.

Scandalous.

LOL @ scandalous! But it is that and pitiful indeed.

Church Avenue is going to be a madhouse. *Prepares Camera*

Not even, Jay St is where the party is at. I was out there last night on the (F) bus (I knew a B/O) and we was 26th in line and there was like 10 buses behind us. The line stretched from the bus stop, up Jay St, up Tillary St, and around Adams St. There were even buses skipping the line and the bus in line in front of us (4077) was backing up for some reason and came within centimeters of hitting out mirror (I was in 7703).

Meanwhile, the (G) only had few buses

Well I am shocked.

No G's the entire line............Culver viaduct out so no F between Jay 'n' Church.

This means some riders have to go from one shuttle bus to another at Jay St.

Very inconvenient and time consuming.

BTW: last weekend, despite no G service for all 3 days, it looked like ZERO work was accomplished at Bedford/Nostrand.

Scandalous.

Is the work being contracted out or is it being done in house?

LOL @ scandalous! But it is that and pitiful indeed.

Yes, scandalous indeed. Seriously. For no reason passengers had to be inconvienced with a shuttle bus for 3 days/4 midnights since ZERO work was done at Bedford Nostrand. Do you have any idea how much it cost NYCT for the buses? Operators salary, fuel, maintance cost due to bus mileage. More money thrown away. Then the MTA has the balls to say they can't afford the 3rd year raise in the arbitration award.

Sure, the G shuttle bus is a boon to the bus fan community but not to the customer. You only look at things from the bus fan angle, I look at it from both sides. There was a lot of capital money thrown away here on buses. Now that GO has to go on for another 2 weekends costing more $$ with mass confusion downtown at Jay St. as passengers have to deal with 2 bustitution routes. Some riders have to take 2 shuttle buses.

Yes, scandalous indeed. Seriously. For no reason passengers had to be inconvienced with a shuttle bus for 3 days/4 midnights since ZERO work was done at Bedford Nostrand. Do you have any idea how much it cost NYCT for the buses? Operators salary, fuel, maintance cost due to bus mileage. More money thrown away. Then the MTA has the balls to say they can't afford the 3rd year raise in the arbitration award.

Sure, the G shuttle bus is a boon to the bus fan community but not to the customer. You only look at things from the bus fan angle, I look at it from both sides. There was a lot of capital money thrown away here on buses. Now that GO has to go on for another 2 weekends costing more $$ with mass confusion downtown at Jay St. as passengers have to deal with 2 bustitution routes. Some riders have to take 2 shuttle buses.

I can't agree any more. So you've gone down at Bedford - Nostrand to check the work out for yourself? And on a side note, now we know why the MTA is crying "wolf": they're putting it upon themselves! Believe me, we all know the money's there, it's not like they're going to run out of money or anything of the matter. They just need to learn to spend better, and that's been said a number of times.

Furthermore, I can see the frustration the passengers have to deal with (most of the time). I go out of my way to tell passengers what to do as clear and concise as I can be. But if passengers took it upon themselves to actually PLAN their trip on a weekend when they know that service is going to be back asswards, then their lives would be, to a degree, much easier.

I can't agree any more. So you've gone down at Bedford - Nostrand to check the work out for yourself? And on a side note, now we know why the MTA is crying "wolf": they're putting it upon themselves! Believe me, we all know the money's there, it's not like they're going to run out of money or anything of the matter. They just need to learn to spend better, and that's been said a number of times.

Furthermore, I can see the frustration the passengers have to deal with (most of the time). I go out of my way to tell passengers what to do as clear and concise as I can be. But if passengers took it upon themselves to actually PLAN their trip on a weekend when they know that service is going to be back asswards, then their lives would be, to a degree, much easier.

I operate my train for 4 round trips daily thru there every day for a living!

I'm sick and tired of this slow speed order for how long? Since the end of December I think. I think tomorrow, or sometime soon, I'm coming back to work with another slow speed order for skeletonized track: southbound up the hill leaving Metropolitan Ave. The G is SUPPOSED to be a "fast" line. Wrap it around and go, not many timers to slow you down.

NYCT has a habit of messing up a wet dream.

Here's another darn thing. They have an un-limited budget for consultants: retired superintendents. One day I had one riding with me to check if there was sufficient overhang under Nassau Ave. for a passenger to get out of the way should he fall.

Hell, they could have asked me and I wouldn't have charged them!

Archived