Snow in 49 US States on 2/12/10 Is Climate Change the reason?

Shortline Bus

On Feb 12, 2010 for one of the few times it will occur, 49 States in the United States had snow on the ground. This was added by fact a rare and major snowstorm hit the South region including a foot of snow in Dallas, Texas and major accumlation in places like Alabama and other states in the south. The southern snows comes on top of a blizzard super storm for the east coast. Earlier in the week, the entire Northeast/Mid Atlantic region from Virgina-New York suffered a 2nd major blizzard/snowstorm in a few days.

Meanwhile Northern states like Maine and most of Canada, including the host city of the 2010 Winter Olympics Vancouver has had one of their warmest winters on record. Some blame Climate change aka global warming for the 2009/10 winter season known as the 'upside down' winter. Feel free to comment. Here story.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/02/12/2010-02-12_snow_covers_americas_49_states__including_texas_georgia_and_florida__but_avoidin.html

NBC News Nightly News 2/12/10 news clip

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/snowfall-covers-49-of-50-states/688ndud

No one storm or storms are caused by the gradual effects of climate change, however how those storms act, their intensity, frequency etc is influenced by water vapor count, which is what condenses into precipitation be it rain snow sleet. The warmer the oceans get the more precipitation per event, and more precipitation events, and the stronger winds can be due to pressure differences. If a low and high pressure area are positioned in certain ways they can bring moist air in from the ocean & alter the jet streams & have arctic air come south, when the 2 meet you can get snow in large amounts.

- A

This is very rare,and even rarer(lol) in Florida,(all the Southern States on the Coast from Arizona-S.Carolina)all Gulf Coast states I mean.

One places that hardly ever see snow is Mobile, Alabama. You know this winter is approaching the twilight zone for a strange winter as well.:eek::confused:

NBC station in Mobile, Alabama.

http://www.local15tv.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=270316@wpmi.dayport.com

No one storm or storms are caused by the gradual effects of climate change, however how those storms act, their intensity, frequency etc is influenced by water vapor count, which is what condenses into precipitation be it rain snow sleet. The warmer the oceans get the more precipitation per event, and more precipitation events, and the stronger winds can be due to pressure differences. If a low and high pressure area are positioned in certain ways they can bring moist air in from the ocean & alter the jet streams & have arctic air come south, when the 2 meet you can get snow in large amounts.

- A

You sounded like my old science teacher lmao

...but on a more serious note, I don't think global warming is to blame.

LMAO. Or maybe we going backwards to the ice age lol.

Actually, once the salinity of the north atlantic gets to a level where the mid oceanic conveyor current stalls out for too long (caused by ice cap & glacier melting from increased global temperatures), we will be in another ice age. There have been periods where this conveyor, which balances out the temperatures from equator to poles, has slowed or stopped for a relatively short period of time, plunging the northern hemisphere into periods of intense cooling, these are known as "little ice ages". One happened about 200 years ago, and was the culprit behind the intense winters during the american revolutionary war.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age

As the temperature gets higher, the more de-stabilized the climate will get, hence the changing of the usage of "global warming" to "global climate change". The earth warms up, the global climate destabilizes, eventually we'll have another ice age, how severe no one knows.

To think that anyone still doubts this as reality and happening as i type this is a testament to how uneducated and fearful of logic people are these days.

Moses can part a sea, and there was a global flood according to religious texts, but the earth's temperature can't change from human activity over 300 years. Shakes my head.

- A

These conspiracy theorists sure have their bases covered. When it snows, there's global warming. When it doesn't snow, there's global warming. If there's a cold snap in Florida then they say that a single cold snap doesn't determine climate change. Yet when the temperature is 0.00001 degrees above normal they say it's global warming. I agree that we need to reduce emissions of Carbon Dioxide, but I don't believe that man is contributing to the warming of the Earth.

These conspiracy theorists sure have their bases covered. When it snows, there's global warming. When it doesn't snow, there's global warming. If there's a cold snap in Florida then they say that a single cold snap doesn't determine climate change. Yet when the temperature is 0.00001 degrees above normal they say it's global warming. I agree that we need to reduce emissions of Carbon Dioxide, but I don't believe that man is contributing to the warming of the Earth.

Dude, i don't think you realize how much carbon dioxide is involved here. 2.55 trillion gallons of gasoline are burned annually in the US alone. This is just gasoline just in the US, not diesel, not heavy fuel oil, not coal. Add in each amount of each other source, and you will see that we are pumping massively vast amounts of co2 and other greenhouse gasses such as methane every day, more greenhouse gasses are released in one day in modern times as in 10 years 400 years ago. People burned wood, trees grew, cut down, more grow, cut down etc, now we are simply piping old sunlight from the ground into the air, and sunlight does what? warms things......

It isn't "global warming" we are past that part, we are into the part that if it warms on average much more it will be irreversible and run into an ice age. We are now entering the increasingly unstable part, where the distribution of water vapor caused by warming seas throws everything out of balance. And, no, people don't ignore local/regional movements of cold air, it is not unusual to have snow in winter, in fact his is not even the first time it snowed in the southern states. I guess no one remembers last "winter" where the norm was 45 degrees and up to 80 in january and no snow only rain.

- A

Archived