Update on 0055

Fresh Pond

Ok as I write this, Ciboii22 is at Ulmer Pk and he said its there now. He's sending me pics and keeping me posted about everything on aim and I'll keep you posted on here. He's sending me pics every chance he gets and I'll post them here. From what he's telling me, its gonna stay for 30 days (maybe 40), then MAYBE (I said maybe) do a bid at Fresh Pond next. For more info, write me on aim (PM me for it).

IMG00923.jpg

IMG00924.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes everybody it is at ulmer park i am on mci 2812 not in service shuttle to mjq depot in manhattan but before i got on i rode 0055 with my uncle and let me tell you its smoothve and nice to ride . And we took 2812 from inside so were going to quill to park it and then coming back at idontknow what time but i am going to get 0055 again i arrived at upk at 12:57 pm on the b64 when i saw it pull out the depot with about 20 b/os on it and it turned next to the lot . So i will keep you alll updated

it wasn't even 30days@jfk yet they giving it to Ulmer,pk already.

lol . that bus is good it rides nice . when they took it on the test i had gotten there at 12 57 so i got on with my uncle and rode around the block . it was on the b74 earlier then went to the b3 and now its in the depot .

Hmm mabey the test was a sucsess@jfk so they just decided to give Ulmpk the bus even though i wish they could have run it on the Q6.

i am at ulmer park and my uncle is working today so im inside i see 0055 i have my camera ready but i have to wait 10 minutes for the suporvisor to leave in his car . and ill catch it .

Aight, Aight. As long as JFK gets song IF they order them then im aight. I think they will order them because they got the artics nd those are an extra 20 feet.

oh kool . i went to upk and i couldnt find the bus at all . its on a run though on the b3 but i wasnt waiting so i just made a new post in bus photos & videos so go look .

Hmm mabey the test was a sucsess@jfk so they just decided to give Ulmpk the bus even though i wish they could have run it on the Q6.

The LFS has run on the Q6 before, Forest Glen spotted it at 165th St. terminal.

Aight, Aight. As long as JFK gets song IF they order them then im aight. I think they will order them because they got the artics nd those are an extra 20 feet.

I think the (MTA) will order the LFS next too, but I highly doubt JFK will get them. JFK's fleet age would be too low if they got them because the only buses older than the Orion VII's are the 48 1997 Orion V's and 1 O5 Suburban from 1999 (which may not be staying there for much longer).

Agreed, I don't see JFK getting the Nova LFs either. The only way they get them is if they displace the NGs they have to maybe Far Rock. Now if Far Rock got the Novas, that would be awesome!

i am at ulmer park and my uncle is working today so im inside i see 0055 i have my camera ready but i have to wait 10 minutes for the suporvisor to leave in his car . and ill catch it .

Well since your uncle works there, can you ask him to take the pics for you?

Agreed, I don't see JFK getting the Nova LFs either. The only way they get them is if they displace the NGs they have to maybe Far Rock. Now if Far Rock got the Novas, that would be awesome!

Well since your uncle works there, can you ask him to take the pics for you?

No its okay i am at the depot now . We are getting ready to take 5109 on the b64 . We did the x28 allday long . And the bus is here now resting inside . It will go on the b64 tonight so i got the bus now .

The MTA will have to do something to start getting rid of the all older buses. RTS and Orion V days are coming to end very very soon in NYC.

yes thats true . newer generations will come in and be apart of the family . ulmer parks buses are good but they are going to retire them in about 5-8 years . they are going to take away the 9100s then 9200s then 9383-9416) 9417 isnt at upk anymore it is scrapped due to an accident a while back . and then they gona scrap 9418-9429) then 9658 and 9659 and then the 5075-5124 .

9417 was the one the was hit by a firetruck right?

Not sure if it was a firetruck or a car; the damage didn't look to severe, but inside the frame was cracked.

9417 never made it to Ulmer Park; it was totaled while at Yukon.

As for the Orion Vs, I hope that these O7s have staying power; the pre-1996 O5s (not counting the ex-Bee Lines) are almost all gone except for 28 of the CNGs and 16 of the diesels.

Not sure if it was a firetruck or a car; the damage didn't look to severe, but inside the frame was cracked.

9417 never made it to Ulmer Park; it was totaled while at Yukon.

As for the Orion Vs, I hope that these O7s have staying power; the pre-1996 O5s (not counting the ex-Bee Lines) are almost all gone except for 28 of the CNGs and 16 of the diesels.

oh . yes it was hit by a fire truck and i could of sworn i saw it at upk . but anyways im at upk now with my uncle i go with him everyday and i go after school i get out early so im there everyday im on my sidekick and i see 0055 i just have to wait for the supiorvisor to take his car and i take some pictures because they deleted yesterday .

Archived