Update on 0055

Fresh Pond

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm disappointed that it's over at 126th St and not MTV or Amsterdam cause I have a better chance of riding it than with a 126th route. The only routes they can put this on is crosstown ones. Shouldn't it be on a longer route? That's just me with it. I'm glad it's still around cause I really want to make an attempt to ride it.

I'm disappointed that it's over at 126th St and not MTV or Amsterdam cause I have a better chance of riding it than with a 126th route. The only routes they can put this on is crosstown ones. Shouldn't it be on a longer route? That's just me with it. I'm glad it's still around cause I really want to make an attempt to ride it.

My assumption is that they want to test the bus under certain traffic conditions, whether it is heavy or moderate & how well the bus would perform on the routes it goes on.

why was it sent there?

~>(R)(1)(1)(0)(:P

It's spent a little over a month at UP already. The (MTA) wants to test this bus a little longer so they sent it to another depot.

Does anybody know what route 0055 will be on at 126st depot?

I wanna see if I can catch it:)

Crosstown routes. Your choices are the M31, M35, M66, M72, and M116.

LOL!

IDK, it seems like forever.

It feels like it's been a long time but it really hasn't. The bus spent about 19 days at JFK and then a little over a month at UP. So technically the 60 day testing period isn't even over yet.

126th's fleet age is very high, so if the (MTA) accepts this bus I would assume that 126 would be among the top of the list to get these buses.

Don't they want to test highway conditions, in case the bus ever ends up there?

They could but a local bus (unless it's suburban) would never be used on an express route unless they absolutely had to. With 126 it's a non-issue considering they don't have any (MTA) express bus routes.

126th's fleet age is very high, so if the (MTA) accepts this bus I would assume that 126 would be among the top of the list to get these buses.

I forgot about that. That would make a lot of sense for the LFS's to go there if the (MTA) buys these buses.

It's spent a little over a month at UP already. The (MTA) wants to test this bus a little longer so they sent it to another depot.

Crosstown routes. Your choices are the M31, M35, M66, M72, and M116.

Thanks for the info!!!

It feels like it's been a long time but it really hasn't. The bus spent about 19 days at JFK and then a little over a month at UP. So technically the 60 day testing period isn't even over yet.

:eek:I guess you're right! So it's gonna be at 126 for what, like a week?

I'm guessing Ulmer Park is second?

They could but a local bus (unless it's suburban) would never be used on an express route unless they absolutely had to. With 126 it's a non-issue considering they don't have any (MTA) express bus routes.

IDK about you, but I often see OOS RTSs going on the highway. Wouldn't it make sense to test it?

IDK about you, but I often see OOS RTSs going on the highway. Wouldn't it make sense to test it?

Lots of buses run light using the highways. I saw a New Flyer C40LF on the Gowanus sometime ago. However, for passenger service, the best local buses that would be deemed best for express passenger service are RTS' and Orion 5s as they've been used in the past. I saw a post on the other board that dates back to 2007 when an Orion 7 ran on the QM18. Unfortunately, someone was not too thrilled about that I must say....

Lots of buses run light using the highways. I saw a New Flyer C40LF on the Gowanus sometime ago. However, for passenger service, the best local buses that would be deemed best for express passenger service are RTS' and Orion 5s as they've been used in the past. I saw a post on the other board that dates back to 2007 when an Orion 7 ran on the QM18.

RTS' have been used for exp service? Do you have a pic?

Unfortunately, someone was not too thrilled about that I must say....

Cough Cough...

Yes. Unfortunately I don't personally have a pic but I'm sure there are some out there. If not you'll just have to take my word for it.

Cough Cough...

What? Lol

There's a difference between out of service and in-service buses, OOS buses uses highways/expressways or other streets as deadheads to depots or interlining to another bus route.

There is only a few in-service local routes that utilizes highways/expressways in Manhattan and Staten Island, Staten island being off the list because of their fleet age seeing as how they have 1998-1999 Orion Vs, MCIs ranging from 1997 all the way to 2008 & Orion VII Next Generation Hybrids from 2009 & 2010.

They cant put local buses on an express route unless there is a shortage & issues with the fleet, like sometime last fall, Yukon & Castleton sent NGs & Orion Vs to run on some express routes because of issues with the MCI fleet, and about two years ago (more or less), Orion VII Hybrid 6905 was doing a run on the x51.

By sending the demo to 126th street, they test the buses under traffic conditions along crosstown routes, also testing out the continuous stop & go activity along the routes, it would also be a stress test under crowding with the stop & go activities to see how well the bus holds up with crowds and whatnot. My guess is that the bus may be tested on the M31, but we will all have to wait and see where it gets tested on.

The 9300 series RTSs that are in LaGuardia Depot along with several 9200 series buses were suburban buses with suburban coach seating that used to operate on express routes like the Ulmer Park, Queens Village, & The x90/25/92.

Cough Cough...

I don't have the pics of them on the express lines, but I have rode the 9300s on the Ulmer routes before those buses were sent to LGA and reseated. They did not have suburban seats for nothing. They never should've ran as locals. They could've gone to SC or LGA for the lower use express bus lines. D4500s are overkill.

What are they complaining about? It's a busfan's dream to get that kind of fleet variety on a hometown line, especially an express line because those tend to see only D4500s unless you get really lucky. Besides, in terms of line length and highway time the M98 is an express route in all things but name and its mainstay is 87xx and 51xx RTSs. However, if (MTA) wanted to have some fun they could include a few of these in the order:

novalfssub.jpg

novalfssubintr.jpg

novalfssubintf.jpg

I want to see that on our streets if they decide to retire or reseat the remainder of our current non-MCI suburbans.

What are they complaining about? It's a busfan's dream to get that kind of fleet variety on a hometown line, especially an express line because those tend to see only D4500s unless you get really lucky. Besides, in terms of line length and highway time the M98 is an express route in all things but name and its mainstay is 87xx and 51xx RTSs. However, if (MTA) wanted to have some fun they could include a few of these in the order:

novalfssub.jpg

novalfssubintr.jpg

novalfssubintf.jpg

I want to see that on our streets if they decide to retire or reseat the remainder of our current non-MCI suburbans.

This bus would be the perfect candidate for express lines.Luggage racks,bright lighting,carpeting and nice coach seats.(MTA) are you seeing this!!!:eek:

novalfssub.jpg

novalfssubintr.jpg

novalfssubintf.jpg

What the hell is going on with the seat right behond the B/O in the third picture, where the old guy is sitting-it looks like an ejector seat for bad passengers!:cool:

What the hell is going on with the seat right behond the B/O in the third picture, where the old guy is sitting-it looks like an ejector seat for bad passengers!:cool:
LMAO...

Bus driver: Hey old man you didn`t pay your fare!!!!

Old man: But I was only short of a nickel

Bus driver(Pushes eject button) Click BOIIIIIINNNGGGGG!!!!! Here`s you stop.

Thank you for riding with (MTA)!!!!:P

Archived