Update on 0055

Fresh Pond

What are they complaining about? It's a busfan's dream to get that kind of fleet variety on a hometown line, especially an express line because those tend to see only D4500s unless you get really lucky. Besides, in terms of line length and highway time the M98 is an express route in all things but name and its mainstay is 87xx and 51xx RTSs. However, if (MTA) wanted to have some fun they could include a few of these in the order:

novalfssub.jpg

novalfssubintr.jpg

novalfssubintf.jpg

I want to see that on our streets if they decide to retire or reseat the remainder of our current non-MCI suburbans.

I was just saying that someone didn't like the fact that an Orion 7 was being used for express bus service. However, when i saw these pictures, I had the 'WTF' look on my face cuz that's something you don't see every day. I like Orion 7 OGs and I wish I could have been the one who made that catch of the bus on the express route...it's interesting if you ask me.

And MAN, the interior of the bus in those pics you posted looks H-O-T HOT!!! Lol

Hey MTA, give us nome LFS' for express runs. Many of these old model MCIs need retirement anyway! He he....

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that's what Nova is making for express buses, then we need that ASAP. 40 and 45 footers would be nice for NYC. MCI is overkill for this town. Hopefully the Nova's will do better in snow than the MCI's do. I will never ride an MCI in the snow again.

That seat is sitting atop the wheel encasement much like some of the raised seats on the new LFSAs.

Thanks for the info!

yecch, I would not want to sit in that seat, I'd feel like I would fall right off.

Anyone know what the seating capacity is on these buses? It looks comperable to an Orion 5 soft-seater from the pics, but I can't be sure. The advantage of the MCI's is their seating capacity, and the fact that no one is supposed to have to stand (or technically the B/O shouldn't let any standees on...)

What are they complaining about? It's a busfan's dream to get that kind of fleet variety on a hometown line, especially an express line because those tend to see only D4500s unless you get really lucky. Besides, in terms of line length and highway time the M98 is an express route in all things but name and its mainstay is 87xx and 51xx RTSs. However, if (MTA) wanted to have some fun they could include a few of these in the order:

...images cut for space savings...

I want to see that on our streets if they decide to retire or reseat the remainder of our current non-MCI suburbans.

Forest Glen needs to see this. That's what we should have for express routes, not D4500s with empty luggage compartments!

If that's what Nova is making for express buses, then we need that ASAP. 40 and 45 footers would be nice for NYC. MCI is overkill for this village

Corrected! IAWTP.

Archived