whole car pictures

tbranch

I always see many pictures of trains on a slant angle...do anyone have a full length picture of a subway car from end to end and why are they o hard to find or photograph?

Is there any particular reason you want full side pictures of the cars?

The problem is that the car is generally longer than what the camera can get at platform distance. As well, it is kinda bland, as you don't really get perspective, but the side images can be useful for, of say, a model or skin. I wish I could point you towards some, but there aren't much around.

The problem is that the car is generally longer than what the camera can get at platform distance. As well, it is kinda bland, as you don't really get perspective, but the side images can be useful for, of say, a model or skin. I wish I could point you towards some, but there aren't much around.

well you could use panorama mode on the cheap little cameras like mine, or if you have a big fancy professional camera you can use the wide-angle lens

well you could use panorama mode on the cheap little cameras like mine, or if you have a big fancy professional camera you can use the wide-angle lens

From my experience, panorama mode is weird, as it does take skill to get right. As for wide-angle/fisheye, from what I've seen they're quite expensive, but worth it I suppose.

From my experience, panorama mode is weird, as it does take skill to get right. As for wide-angle/fisheye, from what I've seen they're quite expensive, but worth it I suppose.

panorama mode is not bad, as long as you follow the guidelines you're fine.

on my nikon the panorama mode is good since the actual panorama is stitched on the computer, so if the panorama software makes an error (which has happened before) i can fix it myself.

Just shoot the picture 16:9 which would be wide screen. But even that isn't so necessary, just have to walk back far enough for the picture.

I have this one picture from Nov 2006.

16:9 is widescreen, but from my tests, the only thing it really does is chop off the top and bottom, there isn't any special lens deal, it'd work the same with 4:3, just that has the top and bottom. I find it's really just the distance you are from the train, but fisheye would work and look awesome!

16:9 is widescreen, but from my tests, the only thing it really does is chop off the top and bottom, there isn't any special lens deal, it'd work the same with 4:3, just that has the top and bottom. I find it's really just the distance you are from the train, but fisheye would work and look awesome!

doesn't fisheye distort the ends?

Archived