Spring Trainning 2010 Pre Season MLB News

Shortline Bus

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Same here man, the Phillies let us Mets fans down. I root root for any team that plays against the Yankees no matter what.

Shouldn't you really be rooting against the team in your own division? Hell like the 86 series, I would've rather rooted for the Mets than Boston. I'll never root for Boston for anything. - Except the Angels, but since the Yankees finally beat the Angels, Boston is of no importance to me anymore.

You know what OMAR stands for right? Outside (M)edical (A)ssistance ®equired.

The day the Mets finally fire Minaya this season will be a day of celebration amongst Mets fans.

Actually Jeff Wilpon the owner's son and heir replacement to the Sr Wilpon is really the team's GM. While the Wilpons seem to be very nice people, the Mets have never been the same since Fred Wilpon became solo owner around 2005. The 2x the amazings made the world series, Nelson Doubleday was the main owner. Wilpons are cheap.

Until the Wilpons leave i dont know if the Mets will ever win the WS. With Dodgers soon to be on sale again, Fred Wilpon should trade to buy them since he always acts if the Mets are the Brooklyn Dodgers.

Total truth, especially the last part. I remember the uproar about how they had nothing dedicated to the Mets till the end of the year. That's a real slap in the face to Mets fans.

While Minaya still has some power, he a puppet(not trying to being insulting be honest)to Jeff Wilpon calling the shots now imo. I think Jeff became the 'silent real gm' imo, after the collapse in 2008 for second straight year losing the wild card playoff spot to the Brewers. So instead of 'firing' Omar, and afraid of negative media attention after firing Willie Randolph earlier that year, he was demoted for the Younger Wilpon.

Wow! How time flies! The Captain is entering the final year of the ten year, $189 million dollar contract he signed back in 2001.

But ESPN reports he reiterated what every New York Yankees fan wanted to hear: he hopes to play in pinstripes forever.

Super Mo is also headed into the final year of his contract.

They are going to retire as Yankees. There's no need to fear. So long as Jeter doesn't demand ARod type numbers at least. Mo deserves every penny for these past years.

While all sports players and everyone else in the entertainment biz is way overpaid, the Jeter contract is maybe the best investment in pro sports in recent years.

I don't disagree with that, but Mussina was also a very good investment. He pitched very well and never had a major stint on the DL. Sadly for him he never won a WS title, but at least pitched in the 2001 and 2003 WS.

Mussina is a very good pitcher and very good career but imo he *just misses* making the MLB Hall of Fame. If he won a Cy Young and also a World Series ring, Mussina might have made it as i think he has more lifetime wins than Curt Schilling. Yet there a very good chance Schilling gets in because he has 3 world series rings('01 D-Backs & '04 & '07 Red Sox)and another WS apperence w/ the 1993 Phillies as well.

hmmm... probably because of the same reason why they signed Tim Redding last year, because he sucks, but for some reason just like magic is excellent against the Phillies.

Same reason we have Pedro Feliciano:

Chase Utley: 8 for 32, 12K against Pedro.

Ryan Howard:4 for 31, 12K against Pedro.

Jimmy Rollins: 5 for 22, 1K against Pedro.

Shane Victorino: 3 for 22, 4K against Pedro.

Same reason we have Pedro Feliciano:

Chase Utley: 8 for 32, 12K against Pedro.

Ryan Howard:4 for 31, 12K against Pedro.

Jimmy Rollins: 5 for 22, 1K against Pedro.

Shane Victorino: 3 for 22, 4K against Pedro.

That is all well and done but these are the stats that count.

Phillies:93-69

Mets:70-92

At best the Mets are a 500 team this season, every other team in the division got better in the off season. The Mets have no definite set up man for K-Rod.....After Santana it's a hit or miss for the other starting pitchers.

Mussina is a very good pitcher and very good career but imo he *just misses* making the MLB Hall of Fame. If he won a Cy Young and also a World Series ring, Mussina might have made it as i think he has more lifetime wins than Curt Schilling. Yet there a very good chance Schilling gets in because he has 3 world series rings('01 D-Backs & '04 & '07 Red Sox)and another WS apperence w/ the 1993 Phillies as well.

As much as I hate Schilling, he does have some good numbers, just not as many wins though.

Mussina was one pitch away from a perfect game. Nothing ever went his way till that 20th win in 2008. He should've stayed one more year. But if it meant letting Andy go, that would've been bad. As good as Mussina was - he never would've pitched on short rest like Andy did.

Why not just an east vs west WS? Like how it's done in the NBA and NHL. Move the NL East with the AL East and AL Central - then mix and match having them be North and South. And move the AL West in with the NL West and Central and have a California division and 'West' and move the Brewers into the AL Central.

On a different note, unrelated to my above comment here:

As for the NL, I would say move the Astros to the NL West so there are 6 teams in the NL West and 5 in the NL Central. Plus the NL West sucks for the most part, one more team won't hurt.

That way for Interleague [which I feel has long run its course] would be balanced for the AL/NL East and Central with 5 per division. NL West would have two left over teams in a match up against the AL West.

Edit: nm about my 2nd comment, I didn't see the proposed listings. I'm in favor of the 'radical realignment' as that would mostly spell the end of the need for Interleague play if the main inter city rivals are playing each other. I'm also glad they've given thought about moving the A's to Jersey. It would be a better move for them than to stay in Oakland. They can knock down the Izod Center and put up a baseball stadium in its place.

Why not just an east vs west WS? Like how it's done in the NBA and NHL. Move the NL East with the AL East and AL Central - then mix and match having them be North and South. And move the AL West in with the NL West and Central and have a California division and 'West' and move the Brewers into the AL Central.

On a different note, unrelated to my above comment here:

As for the NL, I would say move the Astros to the NL West so there are 6 teams in the NL West and 5 in the NL Central. Plus the NL West sucks for the most part, one more team won't hurt.

That way for Interleague [which I feel has long run its course] would be balanced for the AL/NL East and Central with 5 per division. NL West would have two left over teams in a match up against the AL West.

Edit: nm about my 2nd comment, I didn't see the proposed listings. I'm in favor of the 'radical realignment' as that would mostly spell the end of the need for Interleague play if the main inter city rivals are playing each other. I'm also glad they've given thought about moving the A's to Jersey. It would be a better move for them than to stay in Oakland. They can knock down the Izod Center and put up a baseball stadium in its place.

You know how much money the Mets and Yanks want in terrrortial rights for a NJ team to exist in the Meadowlands?

Archived