What Will Happen to Viking if MTA Did Cut X51?

FamousNYLover

I am against service cut, but what will happen to Vikings if X51 was eliminate?

Will Viking will do other local or express buses?

Just curious.

I still not have chance to ride it.

I really want to get on Viking.

Few summer ago, I try to catch it according to rumor, but I never seen it.

If it could run on local I like to see on following routes even without service cut.

Brooklyn: B39, B51, B61, B62, B103, X27, X28, BM5.

Bronx: Bx11, Bx13, Bx36 LTD, BxM3, BxM7, BxM7A, BxM10, BxM11

Manhattan: M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, M7, M10, M11, M16, M20, M21, M22, M23, M27, M30, M31, M34, M42, M50, M57, M60, M66, M72, M96, M98 LTD, M100, M104, X25, X90.

Queens: Q3, Q10 LTD, Q17 LTD, Q21, Q22, Q23, Q25 LTD, Q32, Q33, Q35, Q44 LTD, Q45, Q49, Q53 LTD, Q60, Q66, Q69, Q72, Q79, Q100 LTD, Q101, Q102, QBx1.

Staten Island: S51, S53, S79, S89, S93.

If Possible

Nassau County:

N6 LTD, N19, N20 Local/LTD, N22/N24, N35, N72, N88.

Is it possible can it could run on Subway Shuttle?

The answer is No.

---------------------------------------------

The two or all three of these buses will likely to be scrap soon since its a oddball fleet. 1 may, I say maybe designated in the museum fleet.

They will likely simply be moved to other express routes that end near their old routes.

- A

They cant, Vikings is way too tall for all MTA depots except maybe MJQ. Logical choice was CS except they parked the Vikings almost 100% outside.

They cant, Vikings is way too tall for all MTA depots except maybe MJQ. Logical choice was CS except they parked the Vikings almost 100% outside.

and No other depot can park them outside???? Please - They have alot of life left in them...They'll probably stay in Queens though so either CP or QV will get them for Express runs.

I alwats wondered about these buses.They have always been a mystery to me.Can someone fill me in with a quick backdrop about them,their purpose and Manufacturer?

Here's some dirt I pulled up on them...

Full Name: New Flyer D45S ITV

DOB: 1999

Engine: Detroit Diesel series 60 DDEC

Transmission: Allison B-500R WTEC

Numbers 996, 997, 998

These 3 buses were originally for Texas (I forgot the certain transit system), but they couldn't afford the last 3. So (MTA) bought them. Even there's 3 buses, at most you'll see 1 or 2 on the road for some reason. Also, one of them has all 3 depot logos in the NYC Bus Queens Division (Jamaica, Stengel, Queens Village) on the side of it.

Numbers 996, 997, 998

These 3 buses were originally for Texas (I forgot the certain transit system), but they couldn't afford the last 3. So (MTA) bought them. Even there's 3 buses, at most you'll see 1 or 2 on the road for some reason. Also, one of them has all 3 depot logos in the NYC Bus Queens Division (Jamaica, Stengel, Queens Village) on the side of it.

Interesting.Thanks for the info,but 3 buses:confused: The (MTA) should have ordered some of their own.

I am against service cut, but what will happen to Vikings if X51 was eliminate?

Will Viking will do other local or express buses?

Just curious.

I still not have chance to ride it.

I really want to get on Viking.

Few summer ago, I try to catch it according to rumor, but I never seen it.

Say bye bye to them.

They will likely simply be moved to other express routes that end near their old routes.

- A

The Viking was only able to see service on the X51 because it is the only route where clearance is not an issue, and that's Casey Stengel's only true express route.

Casey Stengel is the only depot that can maintain them without clearance issues.

its the rooftop A/C may create the height issue. These were Houston's "rejects".

I dont even know/think new Flyer builds these anymore. even if they did, the MTA kinda burned their bridge with New Flyer after they wanted to stop building HF artics. the last NF bus the MTA had was a D60LF demo.

its the rooftop A/C may create the height issue. These were Houston's "rejects".

I dont even know/think new Flyer builds these anymore. even if they did, the MTA kinda burned their bridge with New Flyer after they wanted to stop building HF artics. the last NF bus the MTA had was a D60LF demo.

I thought that the (MTA) ordered D60HFs and New Flyer was pushing them to switch it over to D60LFs since they already phased them out at the manufacturer plants.

Numbers 996, 997, 998

The system is Houston METRO, which has the other 101 production models built (a demo sits in Winnipeg, I believe).

I believe that the Vikings will be sold or scrapped; the problem is that these are unique buses which only one other property has (Houston METRO). This was New Flyer's attempt to enter the OTR market dominated in its home country (Canada) by MCI and Prevost---and it bombed.

and No other depot can park them outside???? Please - They have alot of life left in them...They'll probably stay in Queens though so either CP or QV will get them for Express runs.

MTA's view, they're oddballs. MTA already put all three on the market. No buyers, due to the fact there nobody order and used these buses. Only 100+ buses made, majority of them in Houston. MTA wants the express bus fleet 100% MCI, not 99.9%.

Archived