#8006 - Bus Operator - update

answers

Hi All Again,

So...just called DCAS....

Some sort of good news....now there are only about 1000 ppl left from 5025...this is good news because about a month ago if you remember there were close to 2000 left....now it looks "funny" they have gone through aprox 1000 ppl in like a month....my personal guess is that a lot of the people with very high #'s on the list did not show up for the job...( i assume they got one in the 4-5 yrs waiting...lol..) and also there were a lot of the left behind ppl that for dif. reasons got pushed back on the list and now MTA is combing through...

Someone mentioned that 8006 will not be called until 2011...bite your tangue man.....

I , on the other hand, predict a latest call start of begining of Fall...the latest...who's with me??? Hurray!!!!!!!!:tup::P:confused:

That's all for now....i am in the process now in finding a contact directly @ MTA personel or similar and maybe finding more accurate answers...will post findings if any...

Thanks for the update Ms Answers. It was me who predicted that the 8006 list will begin next year. I like your enthusiasm and optimism but when I read about a lot of potential B/O layoffs it doesn't look good.

The lists do move quickly when they have classes going on. If I remember correctly they told you

about 1,300 people were left from the 5025 list.

I bet if you call tomorrow you will get a different person on the phone who will tell you something else. Are you below or above #1,000 on the 8006 list?

+1.. They announced today on the news 1000 layoffs coming.. 450 station agents.. administrative positions.. and by the summer, B/Os.

I personally cant see how they could/would not layoff B/O if they do follow through with the proposed service cuts. If they dont, I will have a better outlook on things. If they do go through with the cuts, I'll be waiting for my pink slip.

In the meantime, I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket if I were you. I've got the job, and already seeking out other options in case shit hits the fan.

just my .02

well that`s bad i wish i can do sumthing about it and be demanding to them to save service cuts but i have a job to i work for access a ride for now but hey i`ll go work for a school bus company after i get the right amount exprence or i`ll go and work for jersey transit in that case i can make a t~shirt and wear it and make it say on it save the cuts the cuts hurt us all we need you mta. wear it as i`m riding the bus and subway so people can see it and say sumthing

Thanks for the update Ms Answers. It was me who predicted that the 8006 list will begin next year. I like your enthusiasm and optimism but when I read about a lot of potential B/O layoffs it doesn't look good.

The lists do move quickly when they have classes going on. If I remember correctly they told you

about 1,300 people were left from the 5025 list.

I bet if you call tomorrow you will get a different person on the phone who will tell you something else. Are you below or above #1,000 on the 8006 list?

low double digits...lucky me i guess....but what's the point...God only knows how long it will take now...

I do wonder though if most if not all of the B/O cuts will be ...by "forced retirement" and those who have complaints against them and/or not doing a good job...like too many late departure and/or arrivals too many days off...etc...what do you think????

So..to get it right...if you go to Staten Island then you are able to transfer to other boroughs?? How about Manhattan? Can u transfer???

I heard in the train the other day 2 guys talking...it sounded as if they were from the Ulmer depot in Bklyn...they were saying the depot is 35 man short and they were complaining about not being able to take days off or call in sick because if anyone does there isn't anyone avail to take over that route for the day and therefore that's why we end up waiting 1hour for the bus to come...also they were complaining about the ppl yelling @ them because the previous 1 , 2 or even 3 buses did not come....

So...with all this in mind...how the hell they are still making cuts????

I also think they will implement that all employees up for retirement must retire in time cannot work past the time...what do you think?????

Gosh...i hate politics......:mad:

Typical MTA sandbagging. They have contracts up for negotiation and all of a sudden they have no money. Almost immediately after we settle for a crappy contract they find money. Remember a couple of years ago they found $500 million right after we got a piss poor contract? Don't believe the hype.

• 2 months later...

Face it guys with all these cuts that are starting by this summer with transit we're never going to get called... Every job with the city is still on a freeze... Who know's if we ever get called....I feel like going up to DCAS to get my money back from the transit exams that I took...it's best to look else where how the economy is these days....it's very hard out there...:P:mad:

Face it guys with all these cuts that are starting by this summer with transit we're never going to get called... Every job with the city is still on a freeze... Who know's if we ever get called....I feel like going up to DCAS to get my money back from the transit exams that I took...it's best to look else where how the economy is these days....it's very hard out there...:):mad:

layoff letters went out to 250 oa and 125 ta operators this week ....

Buschat, and it's pretty reliable. They give 2 months in advance notice. Remember that the layoffs were going to begin on June 27th...this is just 1st wave I am afraid.

so when is the 2nd wave? after the summer pick, when they need more buses to run school trips????

Whats difference between OA & TA again? Which list did you come from?

Gabchi: MABSTOA=OA...Mnahattan/Bronx division, they are not civil service. ex list #2801,#2901.....

TA-NYCT..Brooklyn,Queens,Staten Island. lists#5025,#8006. Your husband who works out of Fresh Pond Depot is TA....

Ditja: What I meant by 2nd wave was that this is only a small percentage of the expected B/O layoffs for this year. This is real folks, not a smokescreen or scare tactics.

Gabchi: MABSTOA=OA...Mnahattan/Bronx division, they are not civil service. ex list #2801,#2901.....

TA-NYCT..Brooklyn,Queens,Staten Island. lists#5025,#8006. Your husband who works out of Fresh Pond Depot is TA....

Ditja: What I meant by 2nd wave was that this is only a small percentage of the expected B/O layoffs for this year. This is real folks, not a smokescreen or scare tactics.

Letters DID go out... all you can hope for is that TA drivers will start to retire or they make everything 40 hour runs basically giving those "LIFERS" no choice but to retire and you get called back to work.

First thing that came to mind when I read the word "LIFERS"was prisoners doing life in a maximum security prison,lol. That having been said they probably have more rights and get treated better then a MTA worker.....I know what you are talking about Flash.

From yesterdays NY Times:"About 5 percent of the city’s 12,000 bus drivers will be affected."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/29/nyregion/29mta.html?scp=2&sq=MTA&st=cse

For all those on B/O's lists, it just means a much longer wait to get the call.

First thing that came to mind when I read the word "LIFERS"was prisoners doing life in a maximum security prison,lol. That having been said they probably have more rights and get treated better then a MTA worker.....I know what you are talking about Flash.

From yesterdays NY Times:"About 5 percent of the city’s 12,000 bus drivers will be affected.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/29/nyregion/29mta.html?scp=2&sq=MTA&st=cse

For all those on B/O's lists, it just means a much longer wait to get the call.

That mean MTA can rehire those 5% Bus Operators in the future but those who on the lists going to have to wait longer maybe 3 to 5 years from now.

David:cool:

I don't have a problem with a longer wait really, it is what it is. Now if they have another B/O exam in the near future we are going to flip!

#5025 expires on Oct/2011, I wonder if that list will get extended or not? that is up to DCAS right? One thing that is for sure is that when they do start calling from the lists they will move faster,that is most certain.:tup:

Archived