S.Korea Subway/railroad system

TheKorean

None of the light rails, allegedly named, are really light rails. They are light metros. They are powered by 3rd rails, entirely seperated from the traffic, and generally operates like subways. Not trams.

There are 3 other one of those so called light rails being built in Korea. Everline, Uijeongbu LR, one in Busan connecting to the airport.

None of the light rails, allegedly named, are really light rails. They are light metros. They are powered by 3rd rails, entirely seperated from the traffic, and generally operates like subways. Not trams.

There are 3 other one of those so called light rails being built in Korea. Everline, Uijeongbu LR, one in Busan connecting to the airport.

Are we going to have this same debate again? They're medium capacity metro systems using light rail technology.

^I know, I am just saying they are not trams. LRT I often think of trams, which is LRT, know what I am saying? I have ahrd time thinking they are really LRT though. They operate more like subway to me.

You said they're not light rail. You did not say they're not trams.

Let me tell you this:

Light rail comprises of a large family: light metros, tram-train, trams and streetcars.

Think of it this way: the dog family comprises of German shepherds, chihuahuas, Dalmatians and Retrievers

Got me? If you understand, don't reply. If you don't understand, PM me. I want to preserve the integrity of this thread.

^Got it. But I did say they dont operate like trams.

They are light metros, the Evergreen line and others. Not trams. They are like AirTrains for JFK. I think thats a correct comparison. Like SkyTrain.

However the new Busan LRT is supposedly able to carry 100000 or more people per day. I wonder if that has any significance on LRT thing.

^Got it. But I did say they dont operate like trams.

They are light metros, the Evergreen line and others. Not trams. They are like AirTrains for JFK. I think thats a correct comparison. Like SkyTrain.

However the new Busan LRT is supposedly able to carry 100000 or more people per day. I wonder if that has any significance on LRT thing.

No it doesn't. Some LRT lines are already built to achieve a higher than average carrying capacity.

lol yes lets. But hes right. It is technically a light rail, but it still operates a hella more like subway than any light rail. The groups of trains consisting of SkyTrain, AirTrain and Everline. And more to come in Korea.

And how odd is it to see a subway only having one track?

Not that odd at all. Take a look at our Franklin Shuttle. It's one tracked from Franklin Ave to Park Place.

As for grade crossings, we had that ourselves here in New York. Up until the 1980s, there was a grade crossing near E105th Street on the (L). The Chicago El had some grade crossings. The SIR had many grade crossings until it was grade-separated.

Well I am a young fella who do nto remember the 80's so very strange to me.

That station is terminus of the only line of the city. Which is why I consider it strange to only have one track. It serves the entire city.

Well I am a young fella who do nto remember the 80's so very strange to me.

That station is terminus of the only line of the city. Which is why I consider it strange to only have one track. It serves the entire city.

Hey, I'm born in the 90s as well. I read to know this. Ride the Franklin Line.

^I do ride the Franklin Line, but Franklin Line is a pretty short service. I dont think they have more than one service at a time unlike this line.

Well, as it turns out, the train yard is close to the station, so in the morning when service begin train arrive directly from the rail yard. And all the train parking that needs to be done is done at the rail yard.

New Everline, being tested. I believe they are the same vehicles used on SkyTrain service. Not mine, got it from other website.

4250760498_123c6a6a12_o.jpg

4250760446_95ed5937fa_o.jpg

4250760474_37d2c4b180_o.jpg

I thought this was pretty cool.

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2010/02/19/2010021900782.html

4369946085_f5d9783d87_o.jpg

4370695494_c388d66a55_o.jpg

Um how many years is America behind? Lol digital line maps....

Lmaoo and is that a Pay Phone or a iPAY PHONE.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Delievering AREX

AREX is trains serving Seoul-Incheon International Airport, connecting it to Seoul, and Seoul's other airport, Gimpo International.

Soon the service will be extended to Seoul Station and beyond.

2 different AREX services, local and express. Express uses cars that resembles your typical EMU trains instead of subway cars, while local uses trains that resembles average subway cars. Both are much faster than average subway trains however.

• 3 months later...

Archived