Freeze on T/O schoolcar classes

Andrew

And for all of your information, there is another reason why they are laying off station agents and cleaners besides wanting to do so before the economy got bad. Many of the ones getting laid off are at top pay, meaning they will get to top pay for conductor immediately when they get called up for the conductor promotion. By laying them off, they stop paying them their top pay salaries as station agents, and also end up exhausting the promo c/r list faster, instead bringing in new conductors from the o/c list at $18.xx and hour instead of about $26 or $27 an hour, what ever top pay is for conductor now. That's about 9 dollars an hour less they will pay for o/c conductors. Without overtime, that equates to $360 less per week they have to pay new conductors, and $18,720 for the first year. With over time extra extra conductors would get, transit would save even more per employee. They were planning a May conductor class, but they scrapped it. They are definitely not going to do it until they finally get to lay off the Station Agents, which will be some time soon, after the court case is done. So BTwhat ever your name is, keep your opinions to yourself, when you have no clue, and no one asked for it.

most of the ones getting laid off are at top pay, but one possible reason is because they have under 5 years........5 years i believe you are eligible for a pension.........

as for top pay of c/r, its only 50 cents more an hour, so it isnt much of a jump........

as for the classes, these guys work there, so they have some knowlege of whats going on......supposedly lots of guys are retiring and they need to replace those people........

most of the ones getting laid off are at top pay, but one possible reason is because they have under 5 years........5 years i believe you are eligible for a pension.........

as for top pay of c/r, its only 50 cents more an hour, so it isnt much of a jump........

as for the classes, these guys work there, so they have some knowlege of whats going on......supposedly lots of guys are retiring and they need to replace those people........

Not being vested for a pension is probably a part of their reasoning as well. Good point. As for the pay rate, I don't think you caught what I said rtype. It's not so much that they don't have a difference from top pay of s/a to c/r, it's that if a s/a gets promoted to c/r they are at top pay immediately, where as an o/c hired conductor is at entry level pay AND they no longer have to pay that s/a because that s/a is no longer an employee. That's big savings on 2 fronts. s/a eliminated position, and $9.00 less an hour per new "off the street" conductor.

As for the classes indman is using anecdotal information (plus he always has had an attitude with me because he's always wrong, and makes stuff up), and anecdotal information is usually incorrect. My information is from the office that schedules the classes. As for Alex, I'm not saying he is wrong or right, I am saying he needs to update his information. When he said conductors were getting hired, they had planned a class for May, but since he announced it, it has been canceled as has all rto titles being hired at the moment. He never updated it leading people to assume it is still going on, which it isn't. They aren't going to do any hiring until all the layoffs are complete. They are also still contemplating to hire off the new to list coming soon before the old one has expired. That has not been decided yet though. This part is where the b/o layoffs come in.

Alex for a school car tss with inside knowledge, you sure don't keep it updated. There is a hold on all RTO hiring at the moment. Please stop leading people to believe they are getting hired.

I don't really feel the need to update things that no one is asking about. And besides, you seem to get off on being the bearer of bad news, so why should I keep you from your fun.

I don't really feel the need to update things that no one is asking about. And besides, you seem to get off on being the bearer of bad news, so why should I keep you from your fun.

Exactly!!, why is her account still active harry? she never has anything positive to add to any post and gets off on making people feel lower than her imaginary superiority.

Exactly!!, why is her account still active harry? she never has anything positive to add to any post and gets off on making people feel lower than her imaginary superiority.

And why are you responding to anything I post will when nothing was said to you or about you? Apparently I have a lot of superiority over you since you can't stop talking about me. FYI, I am not a female. Don't try to become a detective when you lose your job next week. Harry. Do you see this? I said nothing to him, yet he needed to come here and start something. Don't get angry at me and block my account, when this blatherskite comes here and starts it. You need to tell these overgrown teenie boppers to keep their mouths shut, or else they will cry when I put them in their place.

Thanks for being so considerate of me Alex. It's very much appreciated in this day of rudeness.

Thank you. How the F is she still on here when I also asked Uncle Harry to remove that thing.

Thank you. How the F is she still on here when I also asked Uncle Harry to remove that thing.

Several of us actually had comments, some of which had received "Thanks," removed because of the content. I'm not going to rehash the comments that others had posted, but I personally referred to this person as an "*ss." While I don't doubt Harry's judgment, especially considering this is basically his site, I find Phrasier's comments to be much more disruptive, immature and negative than anything I've yet to read or post myself regarding this person. Between the PM's that several of us have received and the b.s. hater posts, this person is just Bad News Bears.

Several of us actually had comments, some of which had received "Thanks," removed because of the content. I'm not going to rehash the comments that others had posted, but I personally referred to this person as an "*ss." While I don't doubt Harry's judgment, especially considering this is basically his site, I find Phrasier's comments to be much more disruptive, immature and negative than anything I've yet to read or post myself regarding this person. Between the PM's that several of us have received and the b.s. hater posts, this person is just Bad News Bears.

Hater posts? If any of you actually think I have any feelings for any of you to hate you, you have some serious egomaniacal issues to deal with. The fact that you can't stop posting negative comments about me is funny because you're just as bad as you say I am since you can't seem to leave any of this alone. Grow up.

And why are you responding to anything I post will when nothing was said to you or about you? Apparently I have a lot of superiority over you since you can't stop talking about me. FYI, I am not a female. Don't try to become a detective when you lose your job next week. Harry. Do you see this? I said nothing to him, yet he needed to come here and start something. Don't get angry at me and block my account, when this blatherskite comes here and starts it. You need to tell these overgrown teenie boppers to keep their mouths shut, or else they will cry when I put them in their place.

Not female hunh?? Not naughtygal87 or what ever your username was then why??? did you ever write me a stupid pm which was exactly your style?. This is your original pm you sent me back in march. Which had a striking resemblance to something you said to me on the "Those who passed the conductor exam" post.

PhrasierCrane

Transit System(s):

Subway Car(s):

Bus Model(s):

Commuter Rail(s):

Commuter Rail Car(s):

Locomotive(s):

Statistics

Gallery: 0

Referrals: 0

What happened to that 98 on your promotional conductor test.

Ha. You got caught lying like a pathetic fool. Oh yes, you are so smart, yet you write like a junior high school dropout loser. As if anyone believed you got a 98 on the conductor test with the ridiculous misspellings and horrible grammar in your posts. You got caught lying about your 92 grade. Now you are fittingly getting laid off like the loser you are. You obviously got hired with a ged or barely was able to get your high school diploma. You certainly never went to college. toodles.

And you also proved it with your previous pm before your last.

PhrasierCrane

Transit System(s):

Subway Car(s):

Bus Model(s):

Commuter Rail(s):

Commuter Rail Car(s):

Locomotive(s):

Statistics

Gallery: 0

Referrals: 0

Hi Sweetness.

Enjoy losing your job loser. Do you think I honestly care if I get banned from the virgin forums? Look at my recent posts. I posted maybe once in the past month or so. You're a loser and will always be one. You proved it by being a little ***** crying like a little girl on the boards as if you did something bold. You're a joke. A pathetic joke. Learn the damn difference between your and you're, you moron. You're is you are. Your is possession, you ghetto trash.

For some one so educated you sure post ignorant stuff. And if your not female or naughtygal then how is by coincidence that your a T/O and some how have the same exact personality (rotten) ?. Harry please block this POS's account so the adults can have adult conversations. And yes your right I may be out of a job next week or so but I have made my peace with that already. Point is I never treated this TA job as the career of all careers. I've always continued to take other civil service exams within and out of TA. My question to you is, you continue to say how easy being a T/O is and how easy these exams are to pass. Then why would someone so educated want to have such a meager job that is meant for people with GED's ?

Maybe you're clueless since I'm not a female, yet as smart as you think you are, you think I am.

He/She is a PRETEND train operator, Probably some F'n reject who got thrown out of every job it has tried to work at.

To everyone for getting down to his or her level or whom ever he/she decides to be today. But this person is bad news to this site and does not need to be here anymore, and someone needed to put her/him in their place. My last response to you PhrasierCrane/NaughtyGal will be the last as I'am tired of having pointless debates with you. You're obviously a very disturbed individual and should seek help with your personality issues.

To everyone for getting down to his or her level or whom ever he/she decides to be today. But this person is bad news to this site and does not need to be here anymore, and someone needed to put her/him in their place. My last response to you PhrasierCrane/NaughtyGal will be the last as I'am tired of having pointless debates with you. You're obviously a very disturbed individual and should seek help with your personality issues.

You're pretty sad. Believe whatever you want. I'm surprised you haven't connected me to being Adolf Hitler, Ghengis Kahn Ivan The Terrible, and your mother. It sounds like you have some compulsive lying issues Mr. 98. Maybe that's why they are laying you off. You aren't to be trusted, and you obviously have a childish bad attitude. Getting a bunch of losers that act 14 on your side does not make you right, a good person, or an honest person. For that matter it doesn't make you a mature person the way you conduct yourself. Pun intended on conducting since you will never be a conductor.

do they let you take Saturdays off for civil service exams outside of the (MTA)? thats something i was worried about

Only if it's a TA promotional exam. And if your an AM or Night employee. Me working PM's I still had to come into work. So for both the C/R and T/O exams I had to come into work right after each exam. Only when I took the S/S (Station Supervisor) exam did they give me the night off before my am scheduled exam.

Only if it's a TA promotional exam. And if your an AM or Night employee. Me working PM's I still had to come into work. So for both the C/R and T/O exams I had to come into work right after each exam. Only when I took the S/S (Station Supervisor) exam did they give me the night off before my am scheduled exam.

so what trick did you use to be able to take the outside exams? if its illegal PM me lol

so what trick did you use to be able to take the outside exams? if its illegal PM me lol

There were no tricks involved. I just put in for the day off in advance, or if the exam was in the afternoon or evening I would just take the exam before going to work. Back in '08 I took like 3 exams back to back for a month. I took the Suffolk County police exam, Bridge and Tunnel Officer Exam and Station Supervisor Exam. Two of them were one weekend after the other and the Suffolk Co. Exam was two weeks later. So since I was working nights I got the night off for the S/S exam that next morning. But with the BTO exam since It is not TA I was not given the day off and had to take exam at like 6pm and had to report to work at 11pm. With the Suffolk I just put in for the day. It was really stressful studying for 3 test basically at one time. But luckily since the BTO and Suffolk CO test are both police exams I was able to just study from one book since the material was so similar.

Archived