Freeze on T/O schoolcar classes

Andrew

does that mean transit will be looking to hire approximately 50 T/O's in the very near future

People, you seriously need to get to a psychiatrist to do something about your OCD. I've never seen so many people so over analyze and be so obsessed over nothing. ALL RTO HIRING IS ON HOLD RIGHT NOW FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE! THERE ARE NO PLANS FOR HIRING AT THE MOMENT! No one knows when or if they will even hire this year. The final answer key hasn't even been released yet for the T/O test from 2009 and it has now been over a year since it was given. Patience is a virtue, get some damn virtues! By the time they actually do start hiring most of you will not even get hired because your scores will not be high enough. If all the cuts in service go through, they will not be hiring more than a few per class anyway. They probably won't even get to the open competative list for another 3 years since the last list doesn't even expire until this October. The 2003 test took a few years to get to the O/C list even though they needed T/Os with the economy going very well. There is no reason to think they are going to hire as many or more T/O's this time than last time with service cuts this time. Seriously, look for other jobs and don't wait on something you are never going to get. Call me an ahole all you want, but I'm the only one here telling you the truth, and not leading anyone to have false hope for something that will never come.

Excuse me my Dude,

are you sure that you are not the one over analyzing.Maybe it is time for you to get a checkup from the neckup.Any person with half a brain should definitely understand this.Don't you think the question was posted because of list # being very close on test #2085.Before you start shooting from the hip, just try to store somewhere in the back of your peanut brain that you never know who and what caliber person is on the other end of the conversation.A very grown man here.Check yourself.

Excuse me my Dude,

are you sure that you are not the one over analyzing.Maybe it is time for you to get a checkup from the neckup.Any person with half a brain should definitely understand this.Don't you think the question was posted because of list # being very close on test #2085.Before you start shooting from the hip, just try to store somewhere in the back of your peanut brain that you never know who and what caliber person is on the other end of the conversation.A very grown man here.Check yourself.

Your obnoxious response proves my point little lady. Thank you.

Excuse me my Dude,

David theres a Ignore Feature for trolls who are obviously Jealous for some reason to use so you wont be bothered with thier asinine posts..

Works wonders for me here filters out the Stupidity... :)

David theres a Ignore Feature for trolls who are obviously Jealous for some reason to use so you wont be bothered with thier asinine posts..

Works wonders for me here filters out the Stupidity... :)

To RTOMan,

Thank you for the wonderful insight on handling these types of issues.

since the negatives are said repeatedly, i will reiterate the positives for those of us on the next list. we are at what would best be described at the bottom. lines are being shortened and eliminated, as ridership is down slightly. seeing as we're ALREADY expecting a years long wait, i totally expect things to come back up in the next few years. as the economy comes back, so will jobs, hence more riders in the system. so even if they do keep the standards at 125% seated load capacity, they still have to add trains due to sheer volume. there will be a guaranteed extension to the (7) line in the next few years. there will be an entirely new line on 2nd Avenue. the (V)(W)(G) service cuts will PROBABLY be reversed in the next few years, along with the 100% seated load capacity standards. since the (MTA) cut overtime i heard all the old timers are getting out while their "final 3 years" still have very high salaries to boost their pensions. this is in addition to the fact that this decade was supposed to be a mass exodus of train operators due to the mass hiring they did in the 1980s. as far as the promotional list, its possible that the laid off station agents and bus operators wont be allowed to "promote" since they're not employees anymore. but EVEN IF THATS NOT TRUE, the (MTA) will probably mess with their employees for whatever reason and enforce the 1 in 3 rule. as far as the open competitive list, like i said before... they're only gonna call people with 100's and high 90's. people who score 100's and high 90's probably have degrees and cushy jobs with 9-5 hours and weekends off and wont have any inside insight as to how unlikely it is that the (MTA) will be laying off RTO employees. when they get the call the first thing in their mind will be layoffs and they probably wont be willing to give up their current jobs so they can work at 4 in the morning at New Lots Ave. on a Sunday :)

Phrasier is 100% correct stop worrying about something that will not come for most of us . I have moved on to better things and not worried about transit. If you scored 98.75 or higher you will have a shot but it will be a long long time prob 2013

Archived