#2/5 super super express(whiteplains rd)

bussman7338

Im a (2)(5) rider and live near it, its not about having Express service but the demand.. And i belivie this has been discussed a lot of times..

(2) Needs to stay Local due to High Demand south of E180th for 7th Avenue service...

(5) runs express during Rush hour Peak, AM to Manhattan from 180th to The Hub and back during PM

<5> via WPR also runs express on the sothern secition of the WPR (180th down)..

MOST <5> continues express North of 180th Street and end at Gun Hill Road to have str8 access to E239th St yd, during PM...

Most Midday (5) runs Express from 149th to 180th and end there..

Express from 238th to Gun hill is not needed since its used for direct access to the Yard, just incase trains need to be delayed there becuz of rearrangement..

A demand has nothing to do with a train running express in certain locations. It just means special express service for the PELHAM <6> and FLUSHING <7>

BTW wrong forum!

Demand isn't a main factor in express lines in places like Manhattan (that's more of a capacity and a time-saving issue), but in outer boroughs with things like a Culver, Sea Beach, West End, Astoria, etc. express, then demand is an issue.

It's really the (0).

It's referred to as the (8) in real life IINM. Just because it says 0 on the schedule link doesn't prove anything official.

You should read what i posted on page 1...............

Trains can't go express from 238th to Gun Hill because that M track is for direct access to 239th street and if rearrangements were to occur in the yard, such as car movement, trains would stall in M track, just like the (3) uses when it goes for a car wash..

Also, there is NO junction south of 238th street to the M track, only north of it...

Of course, it would be nice to start express service of the <5> via WPR from Gun Hill to 149th street, but again its about demand, not what anyone or even Railfans wants bro.

I wonder if Trainmaster<5> can add to this topic, since he works with the WPR, hes good..

You should re-read what I said - I said from Nereid to Gun Hill LOCAL!

Also the station that the <5> would skip between Gun Hill and 180th are well covered by the (2)! there's no overspill of people between 2 trains....Plus this would allow more people at 180th (a major transfer point) to get a seat.....I think the (MTA) should try it.

You should re-read what I said - I said from Nereid to Gun Hill LOCAL!

Also the station that the <5> would skip between Gun Hill and 180th are well covered by the (2)! there's no overspill of people between 2 trains....Plus this would allow more people at 180th (a major transfer point) to get a seat.....I think the (MTA) should try it.

well with the budget issue, idk if the t/a would do this. But of course it doesn't sound like a bad idea..

I'm a regular 233rd commuter; an new <5> AM southbound express/PM northbound express and lessen confusion on the (5) wouldn't hurt/kill anybody

As I said before this "could" work by splitting the (5) fleet into a reasonable fraction. (2) local to 241st, (5) local to Dyre Av, <5> express to Nereid Av

Dyre (5)s should really be locals. It's a shame the Dyre line can only access the local tracks and have to hold up service to switch to the express track. Same for Rogers Junction in Brooklyn.

The Dyre (5)s as well as the WPR (2)s and (5)s can access any track from north or south of East 180th St. We do it every day. That statement is wrong.

well with the budget issue, idk if the t/a would do this. But of course it doesn't sound like a bad idea..

If the tracks are being maintained anyway, it actually saves a little bit of money. Think about it, there is that much less wear on the breaks. The trains move faster, so the trains finish their runs 1-2 minutes sooner (which I'll admit, isn't really a huge cost savings).

Archived