Recommended Train Simulators?

Well BVE is a good train sim there is a couple of nyc subay routes out for BVE.And another great route for BVE are the london unerground routes but for BVE 4 though.And the good thing about it is that it is freewere.Another good train sim is MSTS which a lot of great add on routes like cajon pass if you are a fright train fan. and berlin subway is also a great add on route for MSTS.The defult routes that come with MSTS suck but the MSTS commuty has made a lot of great add on routes for MSTS. So BVE both 2 and 4 are great train sims and MSTS is great train sim too you would have a lot of fun with these sims.

Good afternoon, All.

I am in the market for a simulator program for my home computer. Would anyone be kind enough to share your opinions of the available choices?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Earle

BVE. They have real NYCT routes for it and its all nice and excellent.

I would recommend BVE if you don't want to spend your money.

But if you want to buy something, get Microsoft Train Simulator (MSTS) or Trainz Railroad Simulator 2006. With MSTS you get a good Amtrak route, a good Tokyo, Japan route, and good US freight route. And the add on routes are great like the Berlin Subway.

I highly recommend Train Simulator, when I owned it, I got rid of it quickly as I lost interest (Northeast Corridor not going north on Philadelphia, and me being terrible at operating those steam trains had something to do with it). Now though, I realized that it actually was a great game and I wish I still had it, especially with these new LIRR add-ons for it.

I would be patient though and wait for Train Simulator 2, which is supposed to have a large network of routes (which I hope include the LIRR, or Metro-North's Port Jervis line).

I highly recommend Train Simulator, when I owned it, I got rid of it quickly as I lost interest (Northeast Corridor not going north on Philadelphia, and me being terrible at operating those steam trains had something to do with it). Now though, I realized that it actually was a great game and I wish I still had it, especially with these new LIRR add-ons for it.

I would be patient though and wait for Train Simulator 2, which is supposed to have a large network of routes (which I hope include the LIRR, or Metro-North's Port Jervis line).

It sopposed to have every single route in the world in the game.But only some routes will be highy detailed the other routes will have gentic secnery.