R40s moved to pikin yard

trainfan22

Well, you don't want to go and overflow 207th so maybe Pitkin has room they can provide til the R40s move to their proper places later.

They dont store trains on the scrap line. and no the R110B doesnt count It would make sence to start putting them on the scrap line start stripping the parts.And then get them ready for reefing same goes for the CI R42s.The yard is already overflowing with broken down R142/As.But they store them in the main storage yard not the scrap line.

i was the MTA i would move them to the 207 st scrap line instead of pikin yard.

Why would you move them to the scrap line? Why would you scrap the third best train in the system?

Are you serious? If they are the Third best train in the system.Then why did the MTA buy the R160s? Because the R40s are falling apart they being held togther with duct tape they are not holding up well.They are nowhere near the best cars in the system these are the best cars in the fleet right now

1]R68/A

2]R62/A

3]R46

4]R32

5]R160 even though i hate them they are good so far.

They dont store trains on the scrap line. and no the R110B doesnt count It would make sence to start putting them on the scrap line start stripping the parts.And then get them ready for reefing same goes for the CI R42s.The yard is already overflowing with broken down R142/As.But they store them in the main storage yard not the scrap line.

You fail to read properly because I didn't say anything about storing them there.

Like I said, you don't want to go and overflow 207th. They're just keeping them at Pitkin to avoid overflowing 207th at the moment and when things move along at 207th then they'll be moved up there.

You fail to read properly because I didn't say anything about storing them there.

Like I said, you don't want to go and overflow 207th. They're just keeping them at Pitkin to avoid overflowing 207th at the moment and when things move along at 207th then they'll be moved up there.

I didnt ethier i said to start scrapping/sripping them right away and then to the reef.I didnt say anything about storing them there. The R40s are being moved are already retired.Right now the scrap line is empty and they could put some R40s on the scrap tracks right now.

Well the R-40s's are falling apart but why is the R-32 going to endure past 2009? I think MTA wants to get rid of the because the Slant-end are dangerous. You see MTA realized there mistake in the 70's and the last order of R-40's were flat ends instead of slanted. It pains me to see them go. I really enjoyed looking out the front end of them and I met my fourth girlfriend on a (W) slant.

The MTA is scrapping some R38s that havent ran in yearshttp://http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?79784Im guessing that the R110B is in its last days too?Mind you that these R38s havent ran since like 2005.They were just sittng around the yard collecting dust.

EDIT Im hearing that them R40s at pikin yard may not be in storage and that the A/C lines might start gettng R40s.Because the MTA might move some pikin/207 st R32s to jmaica to kill off them R32s that are on the E/F lines

Archived