Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

N-Trizzy2609

More R-143's on Culver

Just got the word that more R-143's were testing on the (F) and then I saw the pics on NYCSubway.org. I know there doing test to try out new equipment that they repaired but could there be a possibility the (F) might see some R-143's? Sometimes I wonder if the subway can make up their mind. First 160's were going to (Q) now (W) and (7) might or might not get 41st/11th Av station. Now R-143's on (F)? Hmmm....

No R143's are going to the (F) line they are only used for (L) Line service. The (7)(7x) will NEVER see R 160's in service or running along the line.

The R 143's are just testing on the Middle track on the culver line to test out the repairs they got at Coney Island Yard.

No R143's are going to the (F) line they are only used for (L) Line service. The (7)(7x) will NEVER see R 160's in service or running along the line.

The R 143's are just testing on the Middle track on the culver line to test out the repairs they got at Coney Island Yard.

Thanks for the clear up but who said (7)(7x) was getting R-160's. I was talking about the Hell's Kitchen Station that might or might not be built.

Just got the word that more R-143's were testing on the (F) and then I saw the pics on NYCSubway.org. I know there doing test to try out new equipment that they repaired but could there be a possibility the (F) might see some R-143's? Sometimes I wonder if the subway can make up their mind. First 160's were going to (Q) now (W) and (7) might or might not get 41st/11th Av station. Now R-143's on (F)? Hmmm....
Heh, I took those pics.

R143's on the F? Sure why not!

Put some on the R line too

R143s can't run on the F because they are in 4-car sets. An 8-car R143 will be 480' long, 120' shorter than an IND-length train.

damn it!

why couldn't they make the R143's in 2-car sets ????????????????? why out of all numbers 4!!!!

They were intended for Eastern Division use. 4-car sets are more efficient and easier to maintain than married pairs, if I'm correct.

R143s can't run on the F because they are in 4-car sets. An 8-car R143 will be 480' long, 120' shorter than an IND-length train.

Isn't the (C) 8 cars?

Yes the (C) is 8 cars. The R 143's are really just intended for (L) and OPTO (M) Service only. Soon R143's will be only on the (L) Line with OPTO (M) replaced with R 160's.

Beat me too it dude! :D

damn it!

why couldn't they make the R143's in 2-car sets ????????????????? why out of all numbers 4!!!!

Like R160B8713 said, they were meant for Eastern Division!

But everything seems to get tested on Culver coming out of CI because few R142s tested there too.......

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.