Bus Rodeo 2010

dman1455

Yeah I remember reading one year an MCI was running as a shuttle. Last year it was a NG from Flatbush. I could also take the Q35 and walk down, but my knee has been aching so long walks is out of the question.

And as noted above: I think it really depends on how the MTA's finances are. I really don't know if they'll host another roadeo for this year given how deep in the red they are. Which can also be bad news about the vintage train/buses.

I took the Q35 down there but there was no bus stop at the entrance to FBF but luckily someone else wanted to get off there as well so the bus driver let us off...

...then came the long walk lol. It was fun at first then I got tired so I was trying to hitchhike a ride there but my friend and my ex didn't wanna do that. In the end we hitched a ride the rest of the way there and it was nice there. If I can find the pics I took I'll post them up

I took the Q35 down there but there was no bus stop at the entrance to FBF but luckily someone else wanted to get off there as well so the bus driver let us off...

...then came the long walk lol. It was fun at first then I got tired so I was trying to hitchhike a ride there but my friend and my ex didn't wanna do that. In the end we hitched a ride the rest of the way there and it was nice there. If I can find the pics I took I'll post them up

kool . are you going this year ?

When I went to Bus Rodeo on Saturday, July 25th, after me and other lady got off Q35 at Flloyd Bennet Field before Toll, we went try to hike up Bus Rodeo, but it was too far, even thought Park Ranger gave us direction. At that moment, B/O on NG came and he let us ride back to bus stop, then went back to Bus Rodeo.

i drove a bus to jfk in 25 min i hope i win

You're a Bus Operator?

Again, that's IF there's one this year. MTA is facing major red ink.

They should start charging, or asking for donations. Even if it's a dollar, everyone will most likely be able to afford it, and the TA could earn a little money too.

• 3 weeks later...
Actually not really, anyone can show up. I went by myself last year and didn't get questioned at all. You just have to know where the shuttle bus picks up or how to get to the area of Floyd Bennett that the roadeo is taking place at.

Does the shuttle bus pick up at the same place every year every day?

Walgdbaum's on Flatbush Avenue and Avenue T not that far from Kings Plaza!

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bring up old topic, I hope for Bus Rodeo this year because I enjoy my first time last year.

Last year I couldn't take too many pic b/c of dispersable camera.

Lots of Q35 riders were confused when rodeo (S) Bus pass by, thinking it was their Q35 bus.

This is map I made if Bus Rodeo is at Flloyd Bennet Field.

[GMAPS]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=109748670666941982440.00046f92d10460c70e2f0&ll=40.598172,-73.905706&spn=0.032591,0.041802&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small>View <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=109748670666941982440.00046f92d10460c70e2f0&ll=40.598172,-73.905706&spn=0.032591,0.041802&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">Bus Rodeo Shuttle Bus Stops and Routes</a> in a larger map</small>[/GMAPS]

I hope I could see my friend from LGA Depot who used to drive Q72 bus.

I remember after Saturday Bus Rodeo, there was (NYCT) employee who was going to rodeo on Sunday, July 26th after he saw my Bus Rodeo jacket. He told me I see you there, but I couldn't b/c I had to help my mom.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I'm hoping there will be one forget budget issues pull out the vintages and lets see the bus fair and this will be my 2nd year to this event.

I'll be there,for the buses but especially the free food. Just look for the dispatcher all shitted up with hand,neck and full sleeve tattoos.

Since you're an employee, is this implying that there will be a rodeo this year?

Is the public allowed to go. I would love to attend if someone could post the date.

In case anyone wants to go....CT is having their Statewide Transit Roadeo on the 13th of this month. I'll be there as my dad is competing this year in the 40ft catogory. It's be at the Buckland Commuter Lot in Manchester,CT

Yes, as I said in the other page, the public is allowed to go, but you have to know where the location is [which others here have already posted].

However, I still stand by my opinion that it maybe doubtful there will be one this year given the cuts to services, student cards, increase of fares. - This would be bad pr if this even was held while the MTA is deep in red ink.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I thought you stated a few months ago [reading a few posts up] you couldn't make it?

I said "mabey"

And that was before i knew i was moving back to nyc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You people still think there is a rodeo this year? You better hope next year if there is one.

Better start planning to visit Atlantic Antic street festival / NYTM Bus Festival this upcomming Fall when there is chance of current operating and vintage buses display in Downtown Brooklyn.

just let us know the date and we will go

Even if there will be one, how do you know they'll let you in?

At this years Dept. of Subways Rodeo, unilke past years (none in 2009 however), there was a combined rodeo day for RTO and CED, plus only participants and their families were allowed in.

It costs a lot of money to feed everybody if it were "open admissions".

Is there a bus roadeo this year or not because i need to know the date and time and last year they let everyone in you just had to sign your name and purchase a ticket

How much did it cost you to purchase a ticket last year?

Jay Walder is in charge THIS YEAR, the budget for food has to be approved by those answerable TO HIM and THIS YEAR there is a budget crisis. If you would re-read post #48 in this thread you'll see things are different today in how the DOS handled it this year. You just may have to wait for "Atlantic Antic" in a few months to see museum buses en-masse.

You composed an extreme running sentence. Stop and breathe!

Archived