Bus Rodeo 2010

dman1455

How much did it cost you to purchase a ticket last year?

Jay Walder is in charge THIS YEAR, the budget for food has to be approved by those answerable TO HIM and THIS YEAR there is a budget crisis. If you would re-read post #48 in this thread you'll see things are different today in how the DOS handled it this year. You just may have to wait for "Atlantic Antic" in a few months to see museum buses en-masse.

You composed an extreme running sentence. Stop and breathe!

wait so ur saying this year the roadeo is not open to the public it`s only open to the employees and there familys if so y not just charge an addmission i`ll pay to go and what`s the big deal about it i`m paying them to see the roadeo just take my money and let me in and give me a ticket as proof of payment.

wait so ur saying this year the roadeo is not open to the public it`s only open to the employees and there familys if so y not just charge an addmission i`ll pay to go and what`s the big deal about it i`m paying them to see the roadeo just take my money and let me in and give me a ticket as proof of payment.

Problem is budget crisis. No roadeo this year. Patience is key.

A few things:

1. They probably won't have it. Like Cait Sith said, they can't have a free food and fun fest when they just cut a whole bunch of routes. All those people with "blogs" and "opinions" that you see on the news will cause a public relations meltdown.

2. It's already mid-July. They'd have probably said something by now.

3. Even if they do decide to have it, chances are, we're not going to know. They won't publicize it heavily. You have to keep the rejects out somehow. I can't imagine what a bus driver feels like when he takes his wife and kids out to have a nice day at the roadeo for the kids to find out they can't get on the vintage buses because some snot-nosed transit fan is having his happy time on it.

And that also means no vintage buses runing in december on bus routes like last year

They have not decide it yet since it is really holiday program where everyone enjoys riding vintage buses with very positive reviews in the two years running. It looks threatening due to the financial meltdown, Im sure MTA or NYCTM will find someway to keep it up float.

You have issues.............very serious issues.

You're "special".

You have issues.............very serious issues.

You're "special".

Lol Haha

How much did it cost you to purchase a ticket last year?

Jay Walder is in charge THIS YEAR, the budget for food has to be approved by those answerable TO HIM and THIS YEAR there is a budget crisis. If you would re-read post #48 in this thread you'll see things are different today in how the DOS handled it this year. You just may have to wait for "Atlantic Antic" in a few months to see museum buses en-masse.

You composed an extreme running sentence. Stop and breathe!

Lol they charged me about 5 $ last year & i know they arent having one because last year they had money and this year its notthing .

Wow your really obsessed about the roadeo arent you lol , i dont give a flying bird if i go or not im not obsessed with a roadeo , the food was crap last year anyways . And no Igor if they dont have one this year then nobody can go not public and its not being private , no family members and no guests and all that .

Lol Haha

Lol they charged me about 5 $ last year & i know they arent having one because last year they had money and this year its notthing .

Wow your really obsessed about the roadeo arent you lol , i dont give a flying bird if i go or not im not obsessed with a roadeo , the food was crap last year anyways . And no Igor if they dont have one this year then nobody can go not public and its not being private , no family members and no guests and all that .

ok that`s all i needed to know and yes i`m obsessed with it because i like old buses and that`s what i wanna do with my life is to drive a city bus for a living because when i go it gives me the motavation to just wanting the job more that all and yes i have a job to i`m driver for access a ride.

A few things:

1. They probably won't have it. Like Cait Sith said, they can't have a free food and fun fest when they just cut a whole bunch of routes. All those people with "blogs" and "opinions" that you see on the news will cause a public relations meltdown.

2. It's already mid-July. They'd have probably said something by now.

3. Even if they do decide to have it, chances are, we're not going to know. They won't publicize it heavily. You have to keep the rejects out somehow. I can't imagine what a bus driver feels like when he takes his wife and kids out to have a nice day at the roadeo for the kids to find out they can't get on the vintage buses because some snot-nosed transit fan is having his happy time on it.

Yup totally agreed. Those days are over. I'm just glad I got to go last year [1st and only one so far]. But because of all the cuts in services, this will be very bad pr wise if this event were to be held. So unless there was a budget for it [or they charge people to go], I think it's safe to say not to have much hopes of one this year.

Archived